Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I was thinking Preston might shift there for his swansong.

wow? u guys think capewell is a good buy?
    has a few good games every now again he aint a nrl starter, maybe good for back up n stuff. but alot more better options, in any possie he plays
    campbell will prob move to 5/8 if bird dosn't.
    leaveing zillman, mead, tomane, tonga, gordon in the backs

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I am hoping not cause he is not a 5/8.

You wont defend the premiership with him in that position.
    Multiple awards at International & Origin level says he's a better 5/8 than most players in the competition.
    Having an 80min player of Birds quality on the bench is bullsh!t. Neither Harrison, Mini or Laffranchi are going anywhere.
    The Bird-Campbell-Zillman rotation might be due for a comeback.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Did Mr Searle the club wont be looking at buting ne names... To replace Rat? I think it was about 2days after matty came out with the news... Or he could of said it b4 that but I know he said sumthing along the lines

QLD Cup Titan

Hey just a question, when Princey is out or carrying an injury, Matty steps up for us as goal kicker. Who will be doing that for us next year?? I think if memory serves me correctly, Preston can kick too right? But anyone else?

Tomane has got a better toe than Preston, that is if he is selected.

yeh, iam sure zillman would have a nice boot on him aswell

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy09 View Post
    thats a big throw away statement? he did play for Australia and NSW in the position, are you gonna tell me Capewell would be a better option there next year? he couldnt break into a team outside the 8 for more than a couple of games.
    Bird is not a 5/8 and its obvious as day and night. Internationally he played 5/8 replacing an injured Lockyer in a 1 off test match against NZ and when he was chosen as 5/8 for the blues again it was scoffed at.

Would i prefer Capewell over Bird? I would prefer Capewells offence any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Multiple awards at International & Origin level says he's a better 5/8 than most players in the competition.
    Having an 80min player of Birds quality on the bench is bullsh!t. Neither Harrison, Mini or Laffranchi are going anywhere.
    The Bird-Campbell-Zillman rotation might be due for a comeback.
    Having a quality player like Bird on the Bench is best for the team. Most premiership winning sides have had such setups. Bird may have had time serving as a 5/8 at a higher level than most but atm he isnt even better than a retiring 35yr old Matt Rogers

Bird is not a 5/8 and its obvious as day and night. Internationally he played 5/8 replacing an injured Lockyer in a 1 off test match against NZ and when he was chosen as 5/8 for the blues again it was scoffed at.
    Would i prefer Capewell over Bird? I would prefer Capewells offence any day of the week.
    If Bird was the next Australian 5/8 off the rank after Lockyer, what does that tell you? Nevermind that the rest of the team voting him as the best player of that game - must have been a one-off performance hey? Hang-on, he retained it for the Centenary test the following year too.....
    NSW Origin selections are traditionally scoffed at. But yeh, with 2 man of the match awards at 5/8 - what a complete failure

Having a quality player like Bird on the Bench is best for the team. Most premiership winning sides have had such setups. Bird may have had time serving as a 5/8 at a higher level than most but atm he isnt even better than a retiring 35yr old Matt Rogers
    And despite Bird looking better at 13, having him at 5/8 might end up being whats best for the team.
    Rogers wasn't always this flash at 5/8, it wasn't that long ago everyone was calling for him to go back to center where he was more effective - and thats what ended up happening.
    Campbell has always been a more effective half than Rogers, but you wont see Cartwright putting him into the defensive line. He has publicly said he hates it.
    If Bird was a good enough replacement for Lockyer at International level, you'd think he'd scrape through for the Titans? Maybe his two Origin MOM's might give him a slight selection advantage over Capewell... Hard choice
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Junior Titan

I think he would be a good buy because he is an up and coming 5/8.
    Which i beleive we need.

Bird probably will get 1st crck at the 6 and he def should.
    I just think we could use Capewell somewere in the 17, most likely a utility from the bench ot to cover injuries in the halves.

yes, good buy.

if anyone watched the bunnies get smoked on monday night this week, that was all the proof i needed that capwell is shocking got run over a few times

Rumor that Atkens is going to Parramatta
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Clinton Toopi has signed a 1 year extention for 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If Bird was the next Australian 5/8 off the rank after Lockyer, what does that tell you? Nevermind that the rest of the team voting him as the best player of that game - must have been a one-off performance hey? Hang-on, he retained it for the Centenary test the following year too.....
    NSW Origin selections are traditionally scoffed at. But yeh, with 2 man of the match awards at 5/8 - what a complete failure

And despite Bird looking better at 13, having him at 5/8 might end up being whats best for the team.
    Rogers wasn't always this flash at 5/8, it wasn't that long ago everyone was calling for him to go back to center where he was more effective - and thats what ended up happening.
    Campbell has always been a more effective half than Rogers, but you wont see Cartwright putting him into the defensive line. He has publicly said he hates it.
    If Bird was a good enough replacement for Lockyer at International level, you'd think he'd scrape through for the Titans? Maybe his two Origin MOM's might give him a slight selection advantage over Capewell... Hard choice
    owned..