Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    we must be kidding if we think we are gonna be the dragons at win next week.
    Never say never!!! Any team is beatable in this comp and if the titans can handle the reshuffle of players and get that ball moving around and steel up in defence the game is winnable. The dragons are playing very consistently this year but they have also had some shockers to date too. It will be a very tough game down there at kogarah but its not over until its over!

Sure, I get peaved when the team looses, and I know there are areas that need a lot of improvement. But there out there busting the guts and putting their bodies on the line for the fans.
    I thought this was a fan forum. I'm sick and tired of arm-chair experts suggesting they know the answers to all the teams problems or just bagging them down the river because the let them down.
    The reason we lost was simply the Broncos were more determined in defence and that in turn turned our fifth pass options to jelly, and of course we can't forget the wrongful sin-binning.
    My biggest concern, by far, at the moment is that this forum will end up like the Bronco forum. Full of baggers and idiots calling for sacking of players, coaches and ceo's.
    If that increases to any greater level I won't be deserting the team, I'll be deserting the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Sure, I get peaved when the team looses, and I know there are areas that need a lot of improvement. But there out there busting the guts and putting their bodies on the line for the fans.
    I thought this was a fan forum. I'm sick and tired of arm-chair experts suggesting they know the answers to all the teams problems or just bagging them down the river because the let them down.
    The reason we lost was simply the Broncos were more determined in defence and that in turn turned our fifth pass options to jelly, and of course we can't forget the wrongful sin-binning.
    My biggest concern, by far, at the moment is that this forum will end up like the Bronco forum. Full of baggers and idiots calling for sacking of players, coaches and ceo's.
    If that increases to any greater level I won't be deserting the team, I'll be deserting the forum.
    Well said. I also thought this forum was for fans of the Titans. I also thought how good it was to come on here and always see positive posts and not too many who bag players, coaches etc. Sure, the players are not having a good trot, but we need to stand by/up for them regardless. Imagine how they feel after battling for 80 minutes and coming up empty. Fans have passion for their team and the team have the passion for their fans. They know how dissappointed you all are. They beat themselves up after each loss. They need your full support ALL season, not just when they are winning.

dragons look shakey
    tbh i rkn we will give them a run for there money
    souths were the better team.

i wanna see tonga back

For the past three weeks its been a case of if the passes had've stuck...

Against the Dragons the passes have to stick if we're to be any chance of winning. Need Princey to go all out in this one and not hold anything back.

The Dragons are beatable...

If we are all so frustrated then imagine the players state. Their defence isn't too shabby and the forwards are making the meters but our attack is disjointed... (1) injuries? (2) lack of cohesion? (3) lack of confidence? (4) all of the above? (5) none of the above?

If nothing else Greg Bird's hammy will answer the question most talked about in pubs "should he play 5/8 or lock?"

Titans 28 Dragoons 22
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Left the game Friday night angry & thinking our year is over but when u let your emotions ease & have a rethink it wasn't the end of the world & it's not week 1 of the semi's.... , next Friday we get another shot at making up some ground on the field & with a little self belief i think we will turn our season around & beat the Dragons

Always Loyal
    #itaintweaktospeak

The more pressure we as fans put on them, the bigger the hole will become.
    They need to start enjoying themselves, and play footy like they have done there whole lives and the victories will come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic_NJ View Post
    If nothing else Greg Bird's hammy will answer the question most talked about in pubs "should he play 5/8 or lock?"

Titans 28 Dragoons 22
    He should play Lock, no doubt about it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    He should play Lock, no doubt about it in my opinion.
    It's the same opinion as most of the players too
    #itaintweaktospeak

The Nrl comp is the same every year...the teams that come home at the back of the year contain the best play makers.
    Look at this years best 5/8's
    Lockyer
    Soward
    Benji
    Carney

They are all in the top 8 and their teams will start firing.
    Tigers will fire once Benji moves to 5/8

We have the two best locks in Australia but no 5/8...Birds defense will be missed and Prince's game has gone backwards since leaving Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    is that this forum will end up like the Bronco forum. Full of baggers and idiots calling for sacking of players, coaches and ceo's.
    I would hate that to happen! One of the best things we can do is be supportive and positive and passionate fans. Have a great online forum that represents the club well and also strive to build positive club supporter culture.

I think the overwhelming majority are on that side of the fence.

But having a say about team and player performance is also part of the forum discussion and I think we should always be allowed to have a say. Just as long as it isn't overly negative and moronic.

I'm really disappointed to lose to the Broncos and so many recently....

I do realise that yea... good teams shouldnt have to worry about bad calls etc. But seriously the NRL and the game of Rugby League is so competitive and so equal that these kinds of things shift results on a weekly basis out there on the park. And lord have we had a bad run of luck.

Also we just haven't been able to capitalise the field position and get more repeat sets or score or put the points in the bank and leave tries for the begging...

Losing Greg Bird short or long term is a big loss, he has been great for us in the last several weeks. Took alot of pressure off Scott Prince. Who must only be operating on 60% and the Broncos ran and ran at him all night. His kicks were ordinary as well....

Hopefully Scott Prince continues to return to fitness and we can slot Zillman back to #1 where he has gone well and Preston to 5/8th and I say give Shannon Walker a chance in #5.

But we are still in the Top 8, so far. Still in the hunt. I know it is very furstrating to lose, especially when we have all the opportunities, players and a fantastic home ground. But we are still lightyears away from where other struggling clubs are. And we never wanna turn in on ourselves (the fans) or the clubs and players.

As Coaster said, it would sure be nice to have 13 on the field for the entire game! And that also includes our rash of onfield injuries!

GO GOLD COAST TITANS!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    We have the two best locks in Australia but no 5/8...Birds defense will be missed and Prince's game has gone backwards since leaving Tigers.
    True. We have Ash and Bird. Makeshift 5/8ths but fantastic backrowers. Also Rogers who is a solid 5/8th but a better centre.

Love to have someone like Cronk in there but hopefully we select Preston Campbell at 5/8th. He has been an absolute revelation for us.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    True. We have Ash and Bird. Makeshift 5/8ths but fantastic backrowers. Also Rogers who is a solid 5/8th but a better centre.

Love to have someone like Cronk in there but hopefully we select Preston Campbell at 5/8th. He has been an absolute revelation for us.
    From all our regular players...preston would be our only choice at 5/8.
    I'm not a fan of Rogers at 5/8.

I don't believe Cronk would help...the Storm were struggling at the start of last year and everyone wrote them off...it wasn't until they bought Finch(a decent 5/8) that they started winning games.

Prince has the brains but lacks confidence...some good running centres would get his confidence back.
    Prince opened up the defensive line against the Broncos a couple of times but lack any runners.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    It's the same opinion as most of the players too
    I know. Also in my opinion the players usually know whats best for their team.