Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    We were hopeless. Same rubbish mistakes being made in Rd. 19 as we were making in Rds. 1 and 2.

Yeah the sinbinning was harsh but if our attack had done its job instead of putting on yet another pathetic 5th tackle option we would not have been chasing a guy away down field anyway.

Forget about blaming the referees. Every team in the comp has to deal with the same morons with the whistle. We need to worry about what can be controlled, not intangibles

Our attack is stilted, predictable, unimaginative and lacks any precision. The only time our wingers see any ball is when they head into dummy-half to do some hard yards. There needs to be some serious heat applied to our coaching team who have failed to develop any attacking potency with what should be sharp attacking players.

Our season is over. Even if we make the finals we will be doing nothing more than making up the numbers. A year of promise fizzles out hopelessly with yet another failure to improve as the season progresses. If we can't make any improvement between rds 1 and 19 there is no way we can improve sufficiently to threaten in rds 20 - 26.

I hope the management team does their job and let Cartwright know that 4 consecutive years of fadeouts is 3 too many.

All that aside, the attitude of TITANSRAWESOME to say that he won't go out and support the team anymore is the sort of attitude that has sunk over half a dozen GC teams in various national comps. Get used to it mate, with our aging pack and inneffective halves combination there is going to be a lot of pain before it gets any better. I have serious concerns about 2011.

Hopeless...
    mate it seems your the only one who gets it, good teams win even with bad calls, our attack stinks, our defense stinks, wingers never get space unless gordan pounces on a loose ball, what do we do when we are down by 8 with 10 left? do we roll the dice and put on a show and seriously ask questions to the opposing defense? no we just hit the ball up with our forwards,bird, preston and gordan are the only ones trying to do something. im just sick of getting my hope shot down, i would be happy if the titans lost every game this year if they were the least bit entertaining. anyways I've had my say i'm sure a lot of people will spray me for it

We need a new coach and a new ****ing game plan if we wish to win ****ing come on
    2012 TITANS Will be a force to be reckoned with

Our attack is just flat and one-dimensional and it's annoying that we have no backline plays other than working off bird offloads. We stuffed up a move on the rightside when friend held the ball up instead of hitting Harrison who would've turned it back in for zillman. We just need somemore plays to run at the opposition when we're attacking their line. We dominated for more than half the match but let the broncos score at every opportunity they got.
    Looking ahead it looks like we're going to need go turn things around without bird. It'll be interesting to see which way carty goes but I'll bet he goes with steve michaels at left centre with Rogers at five-eighth. Maybe esi comes in on the right and will give us some more impact. Bo has been admirable but isn't giving us enough drive in attack. The other option is to throw caution to the win and pick Shannon walker either at fullback or on the wing and see if he ca spark us and play presto at five-eighth. Anyway, sucks not to get the two points over the last 3 games when I reckon we deserved them in all 3.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Bird at 5/8 is why the attack is stunted, he is decent there in attack but that position needs a little more zing. Prince played ok tonight as he was trying to create and get things going but it just didnt happen. At the moment the right side of the field is just ok, it needs some spark and it needs it asap.

The start of the year we were talking about Mead, Gordon, Tomane and Tonga Now we are just hoping for half of them.

The Sin bin is where the game changed and it changed straight away

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Our attack is just flat and one-dimensional and it's annoying that we have no backline plays other than working off bird offloads. We stuffed up a move on the rightside when friend held the ball up instead of hitting Harrison who would've turned it back in for zillman. We just need somemore plays to run at the opposition when we're attacking their line. We dominated for more than half the match but let the broncos score at every opportunity they got.
    Looking ahead it looks like we're going to need go turn things around without bird. It'll be interesting to see which way carty goes but I'll bet he goes with steve michaels at left centre with Rogers at five-eighth. Maybe esi comes in on the right and will give us some more impact. Bo has been admirable but isn't giving us enough drive in attack. The other option is to throw caution to the win and pick Shannon walker either at fullback or on the wing and see if he ca spark us and play presto at five-eighth. Anyway, sucks not to get the two points over the last 3 games when I reckon we deserved them in all 3.
    I agree with a few of these points.

Taking nothing away from Bodene but he doesnt do much in attack.
    Rogers would be more beneficial to the team if he was @ 5/8
    Presto was superb at fullback and should stay there.
    I think Zillman into right centre with Michaels partnering him on the wing.
    Esi back at left centre with Gordon.

I think its time for carty to do some changes

Smile

very disappointed with the result last night.
    i couldnt understand why bird was the one with the 5th tackle kick 4 times in a row attacking their line in 4 sets and all the kicks were nullified because they went straight to the defender and not behind him.saying that he does try his heart out and played well but presto or prince should have the ball in their hands inside their 20 on our last tackle.
    prince was non existant and why did rogers kick?was that to protect princeys hammy?if thats the reason then maybe thats why he never got the ball in hand and put up many bombs.it worked for rogers try.
    laffranchi doesnt play like a kangaroo player this year,just seems to go through the motions,he needs harrisons attitude.
    after reading that bull was sounding out bennett to rtn to the dragons..after last night he can go..we need some enthusiasm he gets the stats but no much impact.we just seem to lose our way if we maintain pressure and dont get the points.aside from princeys short ball to laffranchi(which they try every single game)we dont look dangerous inside oppos 20.
    ill be there next game,next season and on from there...but please dont let me read in the bulletin how carty has found some positives from this result and how we can use this loss to now focus on getting back on track...arghhhhh same quotes are killing me..just say certain players werent good enough on the night,were making changes for the next game to try and put some pride back in to the team and make the ones who arent performing realise theres eager youngsters waiting in the wings(james look god from the bench).
    they need the passion were displaying on this forum on the park for us!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    i couldnt understand why bird was the one with the 5th tackle kick 4 times in a row attacking their line in 4 sets and all the kicks were nullified because they went straight to the defender and not behind him.saying that he does try his heart out and played well but presto or prince should have the ball in their hands inside their 20 on our last tackle.
    prince was non existant and why did rogers kick?was that to protect princeys hammy?if thats the reason then maybe thats why he never got the ball in hand and put up many bombs.it worked for rogers try.
    laffranchi doesnt play like a kangaroo player this year,just seems to go through the motions,he needs harrisons attitude.
    after reading that bull was sounding out bennett to rtn to the dragons..after last night he can go..we need some enthusiasm he gets the stats but no much impact.we just seem to lose our way if we maintain pressure and dont get the points.aside from princeys short ball to laffranchi(which they try every single game)we dont look dangerous inside oppos 20.
    ill be there next game,next season and on from there...but please dont let me read in the bulletin how carty has found some positives from this result and how we can use this loss to now focus on getting back on track...arghhhhh same quotes are killing me..just say certain players werent good enough on the night,were making changes for the next game to try and put some pride back in to the team and make the ones who arent performing realise theres eager youngsters waiting in the wings(james look god from the bench).
    dont worry he wont change the team, he'll say we played with spirit and we are on the right track, and he wont change the gameplan

Good post Squirrell.

I feel your pain...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post

It seems pretty obvious to me that Prince is too sh!t scared to kick a ball due to the condition of his hamstring - there is no way he is fit. Thats why Bird has been kicking alot more the last few games and Rogers is still goal kicking. When Prince did kick, 50% of them were just crap - how often do you see Prince kick so bad so many times in one game? Never.
    If anyone can remember how our attack looked in the first 20mins of the dogs games before Prince done his hammy - it was pretty good, and we had been quite regulary putting on around 28points per match before then. If Prince was playing with that sort of confidence last night we could have easily put on another 18 points and won the game.

I don't know how you can justify picking on Laffranchi & Bailey, they've consistantly been our best forwards all year. Bailey has never been an 'impact' type of forward, he makes good meters & tackles every game and does alot of the dirty work aswell; kick chases, pressure on kickers, ect.
    Most of Laffranchi's attacking plays come off Prince, so when Prince is hot thats when you'll see Laffranchi get the good ball close to the line. Last night he got through a good workload without any penalties or errors and only 1 missed tackle. I'd say his attitude is pretty good.

Credit where credit is due. No-one here has given any credit to any of the donkeys yet. There young backline was good all night Hoffman being a clear standout, his kick returns were Billy Slater like and got them up the field plenty of times. Lockyer & Wallace kicks got them down our end every other time.

Our team as whole needs to defend better, 47 missed takles across the board is not good enough. When Prince is confident and in form, our attack will improve.
    If you want Cartwright to name & shame underperforming players from last night and drop them next game - well Scott Prince would be the first one out. But that's obviously not the answer to wining future games......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

yeah fair enough comments..these are just my personal feelings from sitting in the stand.
    my point i think is that workmanlike performances arnt cutting it for us at the moment and us losing the last 3 games shows that.ur also right with ur comments about being dropped,and i know itll never happen and so do the players i suspect.but with princey not firing at the moment the others need to step up for him and the team and not ""just do their job"".

I was super confident in the first half, we were all over them and had so much possession. But we didn't turn it into points. Credit to the Broncos... Prince is definitely no where near 100% and Bird is a sound option but now he looks to be out long term.... I think in the immediate future we can't depend on Prince, we need to save him. Preston needs to come to the fore.

I thought the Broncos might be sunk when they lost Thaiday but they kept coming. We had a shocking night with the referees. And I cant believe a Local Derby was spoilt with such a foolish refereeing decision.

The crowd was fantastic, it warmed the heart to see 26,000+ there.

We definitely need to lift gears or we are dead in the water playing like this.

It may be a blessing or a blow to be facing the Dragons next week. This truly is our crucible of 2010.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Absolutely let down and heartbroken to lose to the Broncos.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

we need to give gordon the ball move, even if its just let him roam around the field so get those inside passes

wats the go with tomane? stick him on the wing if his fit

walker/zillman
    tomane
    rogers
    tonga
    gordon
    presto
    prince

and why aint we booting the ball off the scrum to let gordon chase? we got the fastest man in league but we just aint using him. like someone said b4, only time we get to see his speed is when he picks up a loose ball...
    even when jefferys was playing, prince use to always do a sallow kick to his side and use to score off it 4 times out of 5.
    just need to get his speed into the game
    Last edited by patskE; 17-07-10 at 01:36 PM.

Junior Titan

Go down to the local footy park and you will see most under 15 sides put on better plays than the garbage that the Titans have serving up in recent months. Absolutely no idea in attack and not a clue what to do when it comes to last tackle options. To top that off iv'e seen under 10s with a better kicking game. The current crop of Titans are ill disciplined, have pathetic ball control and quite simply they are nowhere near the calibre of a any other top 8 contender.
    As much as i love the Titans it is hard to cop only 2 wins from the last 8 games. They are a clueless football team with NO signs of improvement and with the next two games away against the Dragons and Warriors i expect it to be 2 wins out of 10. That will put us well out of the eight and quite simply they will struggle get back from there. Even for and against is slip sliding away.
    I would love nothing more than my beloved Titans to get back on track but i have been trying hard to find any positives. I have been in denial for too long, now its time to be a realist. Carty won't make changes, our game plan is too predictable and has not changed from the previous 3 seasons. Skilled park is no longer a graveyard for visiting teams and if the oldest and most experienced team in the NRL can be out played and out enthused by a bunch of inexperienced kids then maybe its time for a change.
    Along with NSW they are killing me in tipping comps. Ive stayed loyal but no more.
    Aslo interesting to see that most of the loyal Titans supporters on this forum tipped the Broncos last night except muggins me. Looks like you guys have finally lost the faith and are tipping with your brains. Well done!!

Banned

we must be kidding if we think we are gonna be the dragons at win next week, this loss deflated me like no other loss before, we also have arguably the fastest backline in the comp but we only give it to the forwards.