Default Greg Bird out for month

Gold Coast Titans playmaker Greg Bird out for month with hamstring tear
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27428044-5018866,00.html

Gold Coast five-eighth Greg Bird will miss up to a month after scans on Monday revealed that he had torn a hamstring in the 24-10 loss to Brisbane Btoncos on Friday night.

Bird sustained the injury stretching forward to pull in a pass from Scott Prince late in the game.

The Titans doctor told Bird after the player underwent scans on Monday that he faced three to four weeks on the sidelines.

The injury issues a savage blow to the Titans, who have hit a form slide in winning just two of their past eight games.

Titans coach John Cartwright has options to replace Bird, including Mat Rogers or Preston Campbell.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

throwing it out there but maybe lawton to 5/8? dnt know lol
    rather campbell
    i dnt think we can move rogers from centre tbh
    but toopi played last week in qrl didnt he?
    tonga toopi centres?

Month not to bad,
    Preston to 5/8 Zillman to FB.
    Tonga and Rogers centers
    Gordon Micheals on the wings

Prince will benefit from preston being in the front line with him, will take pressure off him.

We need Preston there to spread out the targeting on Prince
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

A month, not bad, far better than I imagined. We can deal with a month. Back in time for the NRL Finals with a couple weeks under his belt.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

walker over micheals
    cant see our attack getting any better with him on the wing.

Bird grounded for a month
    Jason Sintome

CLICK HERE TO WATCH GREG BIRD INTERVIEW ON TITANS TV

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans five eight Greg Bird could miss up to a month of NRL competition after scans revealed he had suffered a hamstring tear during Friday nights 24- 10 loss to Brisbane.

The injury occurred late in the game as Bird reached to run onto a Scott Prince line as the Titans launched a final attacking raid on the Broncos line.

The loss of Bird who has been in sensational form for both State and Club in recent weeks will be hard to fill for the Titans despite having a former Dally M winner in Preston Campbell ready to fill the number 6 jumper if required.

The aggressive pivot is confident the Titans can turn their season around and secure a finals berth starting with the Dragons on Friday night.

A number of players including Tweed Head Sea Gulls flyer Shannon Walker have been earmarked for a first grade call up as Coach John Cartwright decides on the eighteen man squad to travel South to Kogarah.

Source: Titans

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Month not to bad,
    Preston to 5/8 Zillman to FB.
    Tonga and Rogers centers
    Gordon Micheals on the wings

Prince will benefit from preston being in the front line with him, will take pressure off him.

We need Preston there to spread out the targeting on Prince
    I like that.

I wouldnt mind Michaels out there but when there are articles around like the recent Shannon Walker one it is usually a good hint. Walker or Michaels on the wing is fine and the backline automatically looks alot more potent than last week

Gold Coast Bulletin now say 3-4 weeks.

So I guess that is an improvement!