Talking Record label says Tom Jones album a 'sick joke' in leaked email

Record label says Tom Jones album a 'sick joke' in leaked email

TOM Jones' record label called his new album a "sick joke" Monday after the singer put together a collection of hymns.

Island Records was furious when it discovered Jones' new album Praise and Blame was gospel music instead of the upbeat pop he usually delivers.

The label, which signed the star for ?1.5 million ($2.27 million) in October, was worried the album would flop.

The label's vice president, David Sharpe, made his disapproval clear in May in an email to a colleague that was leaked to the media.

The email read: "Imagine my surprise when I walked into the office this morning to hear hymns coming from your office -- it could have been Sunday morning. My initial pleasure came to an abrupt halt when I realised that Tom Jones was singing the hymns! I have just listened to the album in its entirety and want to know if this is some sick joke????"

Jones said, "I've been into spiritual music since I was a kid. We always sang a lot of gospel stuff in the chapel and at funerals. Even though sometimes it's sad, it's also uplifting."

Sharpe was unrepentant when asked about the email and continued his attack on the new album.

"Shall we say we've paid for a Mercedes -- we've got the he**** that's arrived."

Praise and Blame is released on July 26.

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

LOL love this bloke's honesty.

I also think the NRL's promo campaign "WHAT A GAME" by Tom Jones was utter crap as well.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I' sure it's just a ploy from the record company to raise the profile of an album that nobody knew about. I bet there'll now be plenty of old people off to the music store to buy a copy.

Tom will probably just say "It's Not Unusual"
    #itaintweaktospeak