Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

It's another loss but I thought there were plenty of positives to take out of this one.

QLD Cup Titan

I didn't think the refs were that bad tonight. There is always going to be dodgy calls in all games and we def had a big penalty count against us but I don't think they lost us the game. We missed opportunities, tackles and didn't complete enough sets. We should have had that won in the first half and we didn't. I thought our defense was ok - until I just read we missed 40 tackles :O Thats not how you win games. We need to find that missing spark and knuckle down in both defense and attack. some tough games coming up and we need to fire up and start winning again! Was an exciting game to watch though - would have finished off nicely with a win for our boys though!

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    im pretty sure he threw the 1st punch yet he stays on, mini goes off,they get a penalty, they then eventually get the game winning try
    Farah even dobbed imself in to the ref, obviously thinking the ref was penalising him!! He said he was defending himself from a headbutt not a punch so he threw the first punch!!
    Serves him right anyway as he was mouthing off to prince before packing the scrum!!
    Grrr time to start learning from all these losses and start winning!! Bring on the Broncos!!

We were the better team, but had no luck with penalties and possession and blew so many scoring opportunities with bad handling. We even got the ball striped off us twice and they also threw Presto into the ingoal like a rag doll.

What do we do to deserve opposition always being in red hot form when we play them? They were an absolute rabble last week. This week we get every trick in the book thrown at us.

But Im proud of the Titans. They showed alot of heart and steel. And stuck up for each other out there. And to lose to such an amazing piece of Rugby League brilliance as Benji's 50m field goal.... no dishonour in that.

And they could only cross our line with us with 12 defenders.

Farrah as an absolute pest the entire game and was even squrting Scott Prince with his water bottle and mouthing off at him all game. I'm not sure what happened in that scrum, maybe Farah was a dog and punched Friend or maybe Friend stuck up for our captain and gave him some love. Then Mini came in to help out Friendy. And boy did he throw them!

Fate just wasn't on our side. But I am still proud of them and I think we will go on with it next week against the Broncos. I certainly don't see us going backwards as a team. Yea we didn't get the two points, but I think we proved ourselves to be a tough team with a never say die attitude.

Princey didn't look fully fit either, so Im glad he got out of the game ok. Ryan James looked great out there. Preston was at his usual brilliance. And Bird was great, great kicking and hard running.

Well done to our NYC team for winning their th straight match. Let's all make sure we cheer for them before the NRL game next Friday!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Marshall pearler knocks out Titans

A SENSATIONAL field goal from halfway by Tigers star Benji Marshall was the only difference between the teams as Wests edged out the Gold Coast Titans, 15-14 in Sydney.

Scores were locked at 8-8 in the dying seconds of the first half when Marshall decided to emulate Darren Lockyer's State of Origin stellar drop kick and nudged the Tigers in front, 9-8 at the break.

The Titans bombed three near-certain tries in the first half, but in the second period it was the Tigers with all the ball as the Gold Coast team repelled attack after attack.

A brawl from a scrum close to the Gold Coast tryline in the 57th minute proved crucial as Titans second-rower Mark Minichiello was sin-binned for 10 minutes for being the third man in, despite the two hookers sparking the stoush.

In his absence the Tigers scored only the third try of the game, veteran dual international Lote Tuqiri stripping Titans fullback Preston Campbell in a one-on-one tackle.

The ball travelled across the park and back again, before Tigers flyer Blake Ayshford scored in the left corner, putting Wests up 15-8 after Marshall's conversion.

Three minutes later the Titans gave themselves every chance as left winger Kevin Gordon flew on to a Greg Bird grubber kick deep in the try zone, and stand-in kicker Mat Rogers slotted a brilliant conversion from the sideline, to leave the Titans just one point in arrears, 15-14.

Six minutes from time the Gold Coast looked to be on their way to another comeback win, but a Bird pass was deemed forward by referee Gavin Badger.

Things compounded when Bird gave away a penalty for dissent and from there it was an uphill battle for the Titans trying to get back into scoring territory.

The win puts the Tigers in third place, while the Titans now play arch rivals the Brisbane Broncos in what should be a stellar match-up at Skilled Park next Friday night.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I would also like to thank Darren Lockyer for inspiring Benji's field goal. NOT!

QLD Cup Titan

Yep for me thats two awesome field goals - against my teams!!!! :-(

Reading this mornings paper I almost choked when poor Robbie complained that Friendy was picking on him all night , what an absolute Wanker .. I would love to tell u what Nathen said to me this morning about the fight but censorship will prevent me from doing so , all I'll say is lookout for the rematch in 6 weeks time
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

But Im proud of the Titans. They showed alot of heart and steel. And stuck up for each other out there. And to lose to such an amazing piece of Rugby League brilliance as Benji's 50m field goal.... no dishonour in that.
    I agree with you there. Benjis field goal was an amazing piece of rugby league brilliance.

We have to stop using refs as an excuse and capitalise on opportunities. But all in all, Im not unhappy with that loss. It was a great game to watch. Both teams played with alot of heart.

The better team on the night did not come away eighths 2 points on this occasion. I have never yelled at the TV as much in my life, for both the ref decisions and the amount of tries we bombed. I was an entertaining match despite my anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

I thought the teams were evenly matched with only brilliance separating them with the field goal. Titans butchered some tries as did the Tigers. Good match though and shows Titans are a force

It was good to see our scrambling defence hold up so well under immense pressure. Unfortunately we put ourselves under that pressure with prince, Rogers and Campbell all executing poorly and Gordon not having one of his best nights diffusing kicks. Bird was going okay but his execution suffered late in the game when he was no doubt fatigued. Our forwards were mighty and zillman went well on the wing. Thompson was great in defence but didn't seem to offer much in attack. I reckon we definitely need a back on the bench as between James and white they only offered us about 30 minutes of game time and surley one of them could do that. Imagine onthe last 20 if we couldve brought on walker or michaels to light things up. The tigers didn't use fitzhenry for some reason but I bet they would have if i
    they were in our position.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior Titan

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We were the better team, but had no luck with penalties and possession and blew so many scoring opportunities with bad handling. We even got the ball striped off us twice and they also threw Presto into the ingoal like a rag doll.

What do we do to deserve opposition always being in red hot form when we play them? They were an absolute rabble last week. This week we get every trick in the book thrown at us.

And they could only cross our line with us with 12 defenders.

Farrah as an absolute pest the entire game and was even squrting Scott Prince with his water bottle and mouthing off at him all game. I'm not sure what happened in that scrum, maybe Farah was a dog and punched Friend or maybe Friend stuck up for our captain and gave him some love. Then Mini came in to help out Friendy. And boy did he throw them!

Fate just wasn't on our side. But I am still proud of them and I think we will go on with it next week against the Broncos. I certainly don't see us going backwards as a team. Yea we didn't get the two points, but I think we proved ourselves to be a tough team with a never say die attitude.

Princey didn't look fully fit either, so Im glad he got out of the game ok. Ryan James looked great out there. Preston was at his usual brilliance. And Bird was great, great kicking and hard running.

Well done to our NYC team for winning their th straight match. Let's all make sure we cheer for them before the NRL game next Friday!
    mini,s the dog,jumps in from behind.think friend is upset cause he knows he only has a contract cause robbie knocked it back.think twice next time friend,you got smashed.and you only crossed the line twice from kicks
    Last edited by jeffro76; 10-07-10 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro76 View Post
    mini,s the dog,jumps in from behind.think friend is upset cause he knows he only has a contract cause robbie knocked it back.think twice next time friend,you got smashed.and you only crossed the line twice from kicks
    Robbie is the one upset, cause he still cant get picked into an Origin side that has gone through 60 odd players and lost for the last 5yrs straight
    Tigers had the home ground advantage, the ref's in their pocket, sin binning of the opposition, got lucky from the Titans dropped ball - and still only won by a flukey 50m field goal.......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

1. EVERYONE needs to give robbie hell at the season finale in 6 weeks
    2.jeffro please go away