Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Isn't Warney only on 89 now? I might be wrong - I have lost track. I know this, he has a career tally of now 650! So much for being past his best

DeeGan
    When I saw the figure on Channel 9 it said 89 and that was before the wicket.. but I thought he was on 89 with that wicket too... oh well we will find out soon enough..

LUNCH- SOUTH AFRICA 4/140

It's been tough and if they survive till tea it will be a very very good effort by the South Africans..

Junior Titan

Damn im confused now i thought it was 89 at first then 90 and now 89 again

It is 89.. the Cricket Australia selector Trevor Hohns on ABC radio just said so...

Ok for those who haven't seen it in the Justin Langer thread.. Jacques has been picked for the Test in Melbourne too.. Hohns confirmed it on ABC Radio and Macgill is back for Clark...

Full round of applause to SA who served up some humble pie to this cricket fan - what a marvellous days play from Kemp and Rudolph who thwarted the great Shane Warne who bowled really, really well with little reward. As Taylor said, "he has bowled alot worse and got better figures".

I wrote them off looking at a 3-0 whitewash - at the start of the day I was certain of it, as we have seen, the South African batsment were marvellous.

Glen McGrath again looked flat - no excuses to offer up, though I wonder if there was more to this flu. He was ordinary this test.

Well the whitewash is gone and two really big tests now for SA who head to Melbourne and Sydney facing a two headed leg spinning monster - game on!

Shane Warne needs 10 wickets to reach 100 for the calendar year as well

DeeGan

Match Drawn....A good result for SA no-one expected them to be able to compete against Australia. A great knock by Rudolph he saved South Africa IMO.

And Hodge was named man of the match
    Last edited by Queenslander; 20-12-05 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegan
    Full round of applause to SA who served up some humble pie to this cricket fan - what a marvellous days play from Kemp and Rudolph who thwarted the great Shane Warne who bowled really, really well with little reward. As Taylor said, "he has bowled alot worse and got better figures".

I wrote them off looking at a 3-0 whitewash - at the start of the day I was certain of it, as we have seen, the South African batsment were marvellous.

Glen McGrath again looked flat - no excuses to offer up, though I wonder if there was more to this flu. He was ordinary this test.

Well the whitewash is gone and two really big tests now for SA who head to Melbourne and Sydney facing a two headed leg spinning monster - game on!

Shane Warne needs 10 wickets to reach 100 for the calendar year as well

DeeGan
    Glad to see such a fine contest.. and glad to see that South Africa was able to do it.. even I reckoned it was near impossible.. but they did and I know it will make the nation very proud that they did too.. and sets up Melbourne as a real test.. I am really liking the contest indeed..

Congrats to Jacques Rudolph too, 102 runs and a stunning innings.. well done and you have done South Africa Proud mate, you have done them proud..

Oh and Finally...

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    It will be a draw
    Yes people.. this was the only person here who guessed that there would be a draw, so I say to Kimmeh congrats on knowing what we didn't all realise.. and well done... that was picked with just under 2 days still to go and Australia in a commanding position.. I have to give credit to someone who can do that..

Fair call, if I listened to Go The Doggies I am cleaning up with SportsTab - a bold yet correct prediction More power to you, GTD was in the minority made of South Africans - well done!

DeeGan

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Fair call, if I listened to Go The Doggies I am cleaning up with SportsTab - a bold yet correct prediction More power to you, GTD was in the minority made of South Africans - well done!

DeeGan
    Muwhahahaha :rotflmao:
    Hmm i hope i can watch some of teh boxing day test...it shall be intresting