Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

There lucky I wasn't running through the tunnel, I would have slapped the little c#****roaches and made them cry
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

QLD Cup Titan

Finally - an origin game worth watching! I am a blues girl through and through but even the loss last night didn't worry me - i'm focused on next year already but I was just excited to see a decent game! QLD of course were on fire but I was so glad to see NSW lift their game and show some prospect for the future. The tides WILL turn eventually. NSW have a long ladder to climb to get to QLD's status but I figure we can only go forward from here on - QLD however, have a very long way to fall!!!!! Greg Bird - one of the blues best on the field - shows why he should have been in the team all along and Ash as always wonderful for the maroons - sort of hides behind all the "legends" and such a quiet achiever. As for Folau - pffft, showed last night why AFL have a lot of work ahead of them. Hardly noticed him on the field and missed the kick - why they let him do it???? Who knows??? don't care really - bye bye buddy - one less QLDer/bronco to worry about :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    There lucky I wasn't running through the tunnel, I would have slapped the little c#****roaches and made them cry
    lol nice nice

Haha Coaster. You are gold.

Coaster 4 QRL Chairman. No doubt!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Maybe QLD should employ Preston Campbell as a player/fan ettiquette officer, NSW don't want him and QLD could really learn alot about how to treat the younger generation of fans.

I think it is unfair to attack the Queenslanders for one isolated incident. They do so much community work between them and should be recognised for it.

I remember last year the NSW Blues disappointed a heap of Victorian school kids....bushfire victims actually.

Focused Blues keep the kids waiting

It was supposed to be the day rugby league reached out to touch the lives of 320 children who were victims of the Victorian bushfires.

Instead it was a cold slap in the face as the NSW State of Origin team kept training at Werribee when they were supposed to be at Visy Park in Melbourne conducting a coaching clinic with kids who travelled for more than two hours to meet the stars.

The Blues arrived more than 90 minutes late for the engagement, which left some kids who had travelled from Kinglake, one of the worst affected areas by February's bush fires, just 40 minutes instead of two hours to mingle with the players.

The Queensland team travelled more than two hours from Nagambie to make the event on time, shifting their arrival back half an hour to accommodate the tardiness of NSW.

Melbourne Storm officials organised the coaching clinic well in advance and were privately seething the Blues had treated the event with such contempt to continue training.

Maroons halfback Johnathan Thurston said it was "definitely" poor form by the NSW players to neglect the grassroots of the game, particularly after what the children had been through.

"If they are staying here in Melbourne why are they two hours late," said Thurston.

"This is grassroots. I think they could have been here on time."

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron was far from impressed, particularly as the club's own coach Craig Bellamy was responsible for keeping the Blues on the training field instead of at a promotion for rugby league in Victoria.

"It would have been nice to have them here on time," said Waldron.

"It's not ideal that they were not here on time but these things happen some times.

"You can make a big deal of it but it's not going to change what's happened.

"We just make sure it does not happen in the future."

NSW veteran Craig Wing apologised on behalf of the team and said they were disappointed in themselves for the delay and had underestimated how long it would take them to drive from training to the city - a trip estimated to take only 40 minutes.

"We are very sorry about that and a little bit disappointed in ourselves," said Wing.

"We were training pretty hard and we just took a bit longer in training than we expected and had to high-tail it out here.

"I think we're staying a fair way away as well and we kind of misjudged how long the bus ride would take.

"All the boys have made an effort to stick around a bit longer, sign a few autographs and put as many smiles on faces as possible."

NSW rugby league general manager Geoff Carr said he wasn't happy the Blues neglected the children and had spoken to team management about the situation.

"I'm not particularly happy about it," said Carr.

"As far as we are concerned it's the last thing we wanted, to keep these kids, particularly after what they've been through, to keep them waiting.

"There's always a difficult balancing act in all this between preparing the team for the biggest game of the year and fulfilling a myriad of commitments that we are obligated to do.

"We had some changes to the team which were beyond our control of the team and obviously this morning's training session was deemed to be pretty important and went a bit over time.

"Being stationed at Werribee added to the logistical problems."

Source: http://www.leaguehq.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Why would you even mention that Brad?......

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Agree mate ...... ?
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    To show dee13 that yes, QLD was in the wrong, but NSW is not a better team in that aspect in the slightest.

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

I think the reason is obvious.

To show that both states are guilty of it in the past.

Maybe Pete and Shamus are confused cause Im not talking about Game 3 and about the past. I'm just trying to give some balance to the allegations thrown at the Maroons.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 10-07-10 at 02:18 AM.

Yes I have attacked QLD but I think that the issue I have raised is more to do with the attitude of individuals not the teams. The NRL have to weed out these individuals and give them some sort of reality check.

Anthony Watmough refused to give me some autographs on my cards a few weeks ago. He was doing nothing at the time a bluntly told me NO. What did he gain by doing this. Disrespect from everyone around that saw it happen. There is no excuse for a player of high calibre to do that to an NRL fan.

NSW, before the 2nd game had an open training session at Kingscliffe. The fans were told there was an autograph session after training and most players were great. But there were some players that slipped out the back door and straight onto the bus. Thats not acceptable.

Darius Boyd constantly pretends to be on the phone when he sees fans wanting to get an autograph so he doesn't have to sign autographs.

Hasem El Masri is an arrogant piece of work. I've seen him several time refusing fans.

I can go on if you want me too.