Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Not going to get the game live here into Melbourne.

They are replacing it with Hey hey its Saturday, on a Wednesday.

I just rang and asked WTF? Was told the the desiciuon had been made and thats League doesnt rate well, i asked what basis they came to that desicion, considering that the Friday night games are never before midnight, the Sunday game is not shown at all, and the SOO will be delayed??

I hate them.

ring and complain
    03 9420 3111
    i spoke to Lorander
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

thats because melbourne people would rather watch gayfl games with adelaide beating richmond by 50 points then an awesome nrl game.

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE!

I'll definitely ring them Coaster. Im militant like that!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    thats because melbourne people would rather watch gayfl games with adelaide beating richmond by 50 points then an awesome nrl game.
    It's untrue that RUgby League doesnt rate in VIC. For instance NRL Grand Final and Origins.

In NSW and QLD Lions and Swans haves are televised LIVE and consistantly to uninspiring ratings. Yet the AFL's broadcast partners persist.

I expect nothing less from NINE, our alleged broadcast partner.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's untrue that RUgby League doesnt rate in VIC. For instance NRL Grand Final and Origins.

In NSW and QLD Lions and Swans haves are televised LIVE and consistantly to uninspiring ratings. Yet the AFL's broadcast partners persist.

I expect nothing less from NINE, our alleged broadcast partner.
    yeah but have been to vic you have to wait ill midnight o watch a game, i remember i had to wait to 1am to watch the storm vs titans in 08

Junior Titan

I'm with you. I think Hayne needs an attitude transplant. I wouldn't have him in my team.

NSW are starting to show signs of picking a good side
    They must have heard that Bird is the word!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    NSW are starting to show signs of picking a good side
    They must have heard that Bird is the word!
    they picked a pretty decent team aye, oh wait beau scott is still there

GO QUEENSLAND

They picked a rather decent team. Let's see if confidence and passion goes with it.

I hope they get a good crowd down there. I see they are heavily discounting tickets. Which isn't exactly fair to the loyal fans who bought them at full price already.

Bird is the word for Blues

NSW enforcer Greg Bird last night forced his way back into the Blues squad delighting Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright.

"I've said all along he is an Origin type player. He has been there before. He has won man-of-the-match awards, he has won series and he is only 25-years of age.

"His best footy is in front of him, so he is the type of player I'd be looking at for the future," said Cartwright.
    "He can't do much more. He never stops trying."

Desperate NSW selectors have named three debutant frontrowers in a bid to deny Queensland a clean sweep of the series on July 7.

Manly co-captain Jason King, Cronulla's Kade Snowden and Parramatta's Tim Mannah, who was named on the bench, will be asked to provide go-forward for the Blues with Michael Weyman unavailable through suspension and Brett White dropped.

They will join Penrith winger Michael Gordon, who edged South Sydney's Nathan Merritt, in playing their first Origin game in the ANZ Stadium dead rubber on July 7, among eight changes to the side humiliated 34-6 by the Maroons at Suncorp Stadium.

"It's a very young front row rotation," said coach Craig Bellamy.

"We think that's the right way to go for this game, to put some young guys in and give them a chance at this level.

"It's an area that we probably haven't been that good at in the first two games."

Goalkicking maestro Gordon will be joined by Panthers team-mate Michael Jennings, whose electrifying performances at club level have finally earned him a recall after two games in 2009.

Gold Coast five-eighth Greg Bird will play his first Origin game since 2008 after being named at lock, while game one forwards Luke Lewis (suspension) and Anthony Watmough (groin) also return.

As expected, five-eighth Trent Barrett assumes the captaincy with Kurt Gidley again on the bench.

Bellamy is unlikely to be at the helm of the Blues after three series losses, but he conceded the selectors were looking beyond 10 days' time.

"There could have been one eye or half an eye on the future because of a few of the younger blokes that we've put in and you do that sometimes when the series is over," he said.

"But we've got another game to play and it's an Origin game so it's important and we certainly just haven't been giving out jumpers here.

"We think this team can be really competitive."

Gone are Weyman, White, centre Matt Cooper (hamstring), forward Luke O'Donnell (suspension), winger Joel Monaghan and backrowers Ben Creagh, Trent Waterhouse and Nathan Hindmarsh.

Timana Tahu, who walked out of the Blues camp in protest at a racial slur by then assistant coach Andrew Johns, is also unavailable due to suspension.

Bellamy said he had targeted areas for the side to improve on.

* WITH giant Penrith prop Petero Civoniceva playing his way back into the No.10 Queensland jumper for the 26th time for Origin 3, Ben Hannant is tipped as the player to miss out when the Queensland side is named today.

Selectors are expected to stick with Matt Scott and Dave Shillington in their quest a first clean sweep since 1995.

Civoniceva will come into the starting front row with Scott which is the way Queensland started in their 28-24 win in Origin 1 in Sydney.

NSW team:

Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, Beau Scott, Michael Gordon, Trent Barrett (capt), Mitchell Pearce, Jason King, Michael Ennis, Kade Snowden, Luke Lewis, Paul Gallen, Greg Bird. Interchange: Kurt Gidley, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Tim Mannah, Anthony Watmough.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Hope it takes Bird to a new level when he returns to the Titans.

The very Overrated Hannent Gonnne
    #itaintweaktospeak

Petero Civoniceva returns from injury in Queensland's only team change for the third State of Origin rugby league match against NSW on July 7.

Civoniceva missed game two with a broken hand suffered in game one, but he comes back at prop in place of Ben Hannant who drops out of the squad.

Queensland will be seeking a series cleansweep in the match at ANZ Stadium to cap their fifth straight Origin series triumph.

South Sydney second rower Ben Lowe has been called into camp as 18th man.

Queensland team: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Willie Tonga, Israel Folau, Darren Lockyer (capt), Johnathan Thurston, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith, Petero Civoniceva, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Cooper Cronk, David Shillington, Neville Costigan, Dave Taylor.

(18th man Ben Lowe)
    #itaintweaktospeak

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

i thought folau was going to be banned