Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
The squeeze is on for spots which is great. I think taga is worth persisting with, I just think it will take a couple of weeks for mead to build his combination with him. I wouldn't mind seeing tomane come back on that wing with mead shifted to the bench. The options with mead odd the bench and taga in the centres are plentiful with the bird/Campbell shuffle and mead going to fullback or taga moving to the bench with mead in the centres. I still think tomane is better suited to the wing at this stage as his defensive reads aren't quite good enough to play centre (are taga's better? I think he showed a bit tonight to suggest yes). Headaches for carty, but nice ones. We had the game face on to put 40 past the sea-eagles but between the refs and some last passes just missing the mark the 14 point margin will have to do.
I don't mind a centre coming in now and then because he reads the play and put a hit on...but if your defending one in and your reflex is to come in on every play, your not suited to the centre position.

Taga might have some pace and coaches see this as a opportunity for a centre but as a forward, pace can also be affective against slower forwards.

You can't win a Grand final with a stand out weakness.