Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    The squeeze is on for spots which is great. I think taga is worth persisting with, I just think it will take a couple of weeks for mead to build his combination with him. I wouldn't mind seeing tomane come back on that wing with mead shifted to the bench. The options with mead odd the bench and taga in the centres are plentiful with the bird/Campbell shuffle and mead going to fullback or taga moving to the bench with mead in the centres. I still think tomane is better suited to the wing at this stage as his defensive reads aren't quite good enough to play centre (are taga's better? I think he showed a bit tonight to suggest yes). Headaches for carty, but nice ones. We had the game face on to put 40 past the sea-eagles but between the refs and some last passes just missing the mark the 14 point margin will have to do.
    I don't mind a centre coming in now and then because he reads the play and put a hit on...but if your defending one in and your reflex is to come in on every play, your not suited to the centre position.

Taga might have some pace and coaches see this as a opportunity for a centre but as a forward, pace can also be affective against slower forwards.

You can't win a Grand final with a stand out weakness.

The squeeze is on for spots which is great.
    A lot of guys played well for Tweed this afternoon, they put 40 on Norths. Ridge, Matthews, Berdie, Walker sort of (he's always a bit like that), Kingi, Peyroux, Wood. Cameron White wouldn't look out of place in an NRL side even if there's no room for him here barring injuries.

Seemed Matthews picked up a shoulder injury late when scoring a try. Hope it's nothing too serious. Ridge seemed to me to play better than Matthews. Berdie was good. I'm still wondering when esi is going to be back for the jets. I can't help but tHink he is in our best side. I still think tomane to the wing will be good for us, I'm just not sure where that leaves mead and who plays in the centre there.
    Last edited by Supergoose; 12-06-10 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Incomplete

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Guys I think that if last night, and even the second half against the Raiders proved anything, it is that the balance of the team is significantly better with four forwards on the bench.

We cannot afford to carry an outside back on the bench.

And how you could want to drop either of Mead or Gordon after last night is astonishing in its own right - they were both EXCELLENT. Tomane got his chance in the team through injury and he is going to have to add some polish to his game (particularly defensively) if he wants to be a permanent fixture in the side. Some time in the QCup could be the making of him.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Guys I think that if last night, and even the second half against the Raiders proved anything, it is that the balance of the team is significantly better with four forwards on the bench.

We cannot afford to carry an outside back on the bench.

And how you could want to drop either of Mead or Gordon after last night is astonishing in its own right - they were both EXCELLENT. Tomane got his chance in the team through injury and he is going to have to add some polish to his game (particularly defensively) if he wants to be a permanent fixture in the side. Some time in the QCup could be the making of him.
    Four forwards on the bench does make the coaches interchange decisions easier...backs don't need a planned interchange.

Seemed Matthews picked up a shoulder injury late when scoring a try. Hope it's nothing too serious. Ridge seemed to me to play better than Matthews. Berdie was good. I'm still wondering when esi is going to be back for the jets. I can't help but tHink he is in our best side. I still think tomane to the wing will be good for us, I'm just not sure where that leaves mead and who plays in the centre there.
    Yeah, he copped some knees when he reached out and scored....No 8 point try though..