Miller ready to shoulder load

Inspirational Raiders forward Josh Miller is confident his persistent shoulder problems are behind him and has declared his best football is just around the corner.

Miller participated in his first opposed session in more than a month yesterday afternoon, increasing his chances of playing against the Gold Coast Titans at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

Shoulder problems have restricted the reigning Mal Meninga medallist to just three games this season, his most recent against South Sydney in round seven.

Miller said he felt better than he had since first injuring his shoulder in round one.

''I'm ready to go, I want my starting jersey back,'' Miller said. ''I'm ready to get back into it and I just can't wait to start playing footy week in, week out.

''My shoulder is feeling good, it's probably the best it's felt since I first did the injury.

''I'm getting more and more confident with it with every training run. I reckon my best footy is ahead of me this year.''

After being one of just two players to feature in every Raiders game last season, Miller's 2010 campaign was just minutes old before he injured his shoulder for the first time.

He returned five games later only to hurt it again.

It has been a frustrating period for the 27-year-old, who produced the best season of his career last year.

''I hadn't missed any football for the last three years, so it has been frustrating.

''Last year me and Bronson [Harrison] were the only ones who didn't miss a game. So this year has been really frustrating for me. But that's just part of footy these days, you get injuries.''

Miller's determination to play creates a selection headache for coach David Furner, who must cull two players from his extended bench in the coming days.

Should he opt to bring Miller back into his side he is likely to drop either Troy Thompson or Scott Logan.

www.canberratimes.com.au/