Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The only thing dumber than actually making that bet was not forcing me to do anything for a NSW series victory!
    lol he reminds me of my over confident blues fans, but i dont think they have the n.u.t.s to do that bet, and with selectors like nsw have what do they have to be worried about?

Sad thing is that he is actually a Maroons fan. But an all round nutter. LOL
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Sad thing is that he is actually a Maroons fan. But an all round nutter. LOL
    well thats something you don't hear everyday

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Tahu played his entire career at Wing for the Knights & NSW ,
    Yes but this year he has been playing in the centres.

I actually think its worth a flutter. As bad a shape as the blues are in, this is Origin and there's talent in that team, more talent than warrants $4+.

Rule shift saves Jarryd Hayne from possible headbutting suspension
    June 10, 2010

The NRL will ask judiciary chairman Paul Conlon for a please explain after his decision to make a late change to the judge's directions contributed to the exoneration of Jarryd Hayne.

In delivering his directions to the judiciary's three-man panel on Tuesday night, Conlon said they needed to be satisfied Hayne had intended to cause considerable pain or injury when he headbutted Melbourne and Queensland fullback Billy Slater.

For seven years, under the watch of match review commissioner Greg McCallum, the judge's directions have simply stated the accused only had to cause discomfort.

In an alarming aftermath to one of the most anticipated judicial hearings in recent memory, it emerged on Wednesday that McCallum and NRL prosecutor Peter Kite were only notified of Conlon's plans to change the directions in the hour preceding the case being heard.

While former Queensland players admitted they were bemused by the sudden change of tack by Conlon, the NRL confirmed it would approach the judiciary head to discuss the ramifications of his decision.

The judiciary panel included New South Welshmen Sean Garlick and Don McKinnon and former Queensland Origin great Bob Lindner.

"The judiciary's rules have standard directions, which the chairman can vary depending upon the circumstances that apply," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said.

"He did that last night. We will talk to Paul Conlon to understand the ramifications of that."

Conlon, a district court judge, told Sydney radio that he agreed with the panel's verdict.

In another admission likely to cause angst in Queensland, he also revealed he believed Maroons halfback Johnathan Thurston should have been found guilty of detrimental conduct for his altercation with referee Jason Robinson two weeks ago.

Thurston was cleared after a split vote of the panel members - Conlon plays no part in deciding guilt other than to give directions to the panel members.

"Last week in relation to both cases (Hayne and Luke Lewis, suspended for a lifting tackle) I agreed with both of those verdicts," Conlon said.

"Last week in relation to Thurston I didn't agree with it."

While several Queensland legends said they were happy with the outcome of the Hayne hearing, they were also alarmed at the late change by Conlon.

"It doesn't surprise me," former Queensland centre Chris Close said.

"They have done it from day one - changed the rules to suit themselves. In all fairness I would have been embarrassed if they had suspended him for what he did."

Former Maroons five-eighth Ben Ikin was concerned by the shift.

"It concerns me that the way things would normally have been handled, it seems they have been managed to get an outcome for NSW. The outcome itself is what should have always happened. I am always of the opinion that suspensions or punishments at club level shouldn't carry over into Origin," he said.

"The fact that they changed the rules to get an outcome, which would seem on the surface favourable to NSW, is not a great thing."

While NRL officials plan to investigate the Hayne hearing, NSW coach Craig Bellamy said he would not be instructing his fullback to curb his temper when he crosses paths with Slater again on Wednesday night.

"I don't want to rein (Jarryd) into nothing and he's in the team because of what he does on the weekends with Parramatta," Bellamy said.

"Why would I want to change that? I think anyone enjoys a little bit of rivalry and they're two great players.

"It would have taken something out of the game if he'd got suspended."

Source: www.foxsports.com.au
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

NSW ready to use weight in the ARL boardroom to ban Folau from Origin III
    June 10, 2010

The Australian Rugby League could ban AFL-bound Queensland star Israel Folau from playing in the final State of Origin game in Sydney.

As rugby league relations between the two states sank to an all-time low, New South Wales-based directors were on Wednesday night considering calling an emergency board meeting and voting to prohibit the AFL's new face of Sydney from participating in the final Origin game.

NSW have the boardroom numbers - and will seriously consider using them - to implement a rule that stops players who are switching to AFL or rugby union from taking part in rugby league's greatest showpiece.

Folau has walked out on rugby league to join new AFL club Greater Western Sydney on a four-year deal worth $3.6 million.

"It is something the directors are considering," ARL chief executive Geoff Carr said.

"We have to think about a Queensland team (with AFL defector Folau) preparing for the game in Western Sydney and playing the game in Western Sydney. It could be a circus."

"We've made it clear that we're not happy about Israel being picked for game two but there is nothing we can do about it unless the rules are changed."

Veteran board member John Chalk, the man who put the motion for an independent commission that was carried against Queensland's wishes, is fired up to do something similar to stop defecting players from playing Origin.

"Good luck to him (Folau). But I'm concerned that as a code we're in competition with the AFL and it's our job to ensure we don't shoot ourselves in the foot," Chalk said. "We need to be strong in our decisions.

"There will be some criticism if we introduce the rule, but that comes with the territory. It's our job to protect rugby league's best interests."

The ARL remained a laughing-stock around the country on Wednesday for allowing the AFL's ambassador and face of Sydney's west to be chosen in the Queensland side for the decisive Origin II.

No one was happier than GWS coach Kevin Sheedy.

"It's a great decision," Sheedy said.

"He's contracted to play rugby league. He's in great form. He got a couple of tries last weekend. If they pick him, they pick him.

"But I'm pleased for Israel. He's not doing anything for AFL now until he's finished his contract with Brisbane Broncos. It's good for Queensland but it's not good for NSW. I hope the Blues can get up and turn it into a decider in Sydney.

"It's really Queensland's business, I've got a tough job to turn him into an AFL player. That's my main concern."

NSW coach Craig Bellamy said Folau had every right to feel "confused" about his relationship with Queensland players and officials following their monumental backflip in selecting him.

Asked whether Folau should play, Bellamy said: "That's someone else's decision ... it sounds like if he was a New South Welshman he wouldn't be picked."

Source: www.foxsports.com.au
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    -

Thumbs down

OK so they change the rules to get one of THEIR players IN

AND they try to change the rules to get one of OUR players OUT :boo:

What a bunch of filthy sneaks!! Dirty rotten !!!!

God I hope we SMASH EM!!!
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy Half View Post
    OK so they change the rules to get one of THEIR players IN

AND they try to change the rules to get one of OUR players OUT :boo:

What a bunch of filthy sneaks!! Dirty rotten !!!!

God I hope we SMASH EM!!!
    -
    I don't care which way the decision on Hayne and Slater went. Maybe Hayne should have been suspended. It would have ruined a great spectacle though. I also think Slater should have been suspended. It is irrelevant that he missed with his elbow, the fact is he tried damn hard to connect.

But about Folau...him going to AFL doesn't worry me. What worries me is that fact that whilst under contract with the NRL he has gone to Sydneys west and promoted AFL. I personally don't think he should have been selected. I am a Blues boy but I suspect even is I was a quee ns lan87r4 (I can't say it) I would be having second thought about wanting him in origin.

Here is a hyperthetical....

I work for Microsoft and give my employer notice. I then on my day off go to an Apple seminar where there are potentially thousands of clients undecided on what product they prefer. I stand there and promote Apple to all these people. Next day I go back to my desk at Microsoft....

About to head into Lang Park dressed in maroon! I can't wait! Gonna be a classic Origin. It is always odd to be attending a game that isn't a Titans game though.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

QLD Cup Titan

Enjoy the game diehard!!! Am sure its gonna be a good one. HOpe all the "off field" dramas settle and all players show up for some good footy. Not feeling too hopeful here but.... GO BLUES!!!!!

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!

Oh yea that was such a great night, Maroons were unstoppable and the Blose near non existant. Cant wait to catch a replay.

I just got home, so gonna catch some rack time! NIGHT!

Maroons claim 5th straight Origin series

QUEENSLAND won their fifth straight State of Origin series with a comprehensive 34-6 flogging of New South Wales at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane tonight.

And what is really scary for the Blues is the Maroon domination looks set to continue for a long time, with Queensland's young pack of forwards totally in control despite missing Petero Civoniceva and retiring veteran Steve Price.

Israel Folau was effortless against the high ball and added to his first-half try with another in the second, while Cooper Cronk and Willie Tonga also crossed the line in the second half, after Queensland led 16-0 at halftime.

NSW scored a consolation try late in the game through Brett White, but it was nothing but a bittersweet moment for the Blues who not only lost the game, but the brawl as well.

NSW second-rower Luke O'Donnell came in for some Queensland attention when he lifted Boyd into a dangerous tackle before dumping him headfirst into the turf.

From there it was an all-in brawl with players coming from all quarters to take part.

O'Donnell was put on report for the tackle -- described by NSW commentator Phil Gould as a 'dismissable offence' -- but a head butt and punch he threw at David Taylor may also come in for scrutiny.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Titans First Grader

Despite being a Blues supporter you have to admire the skill of the Queenslanders, they were better than NSW in every area. God knows why the wingers kept rushing in and up they were just leaving huge space which the Queenslanders exploited every time.

I enjoyed the fights, i think thats one of the most violent Origins i remember watching. Here's to much of the same in Game 3.

I am embarrassed to be a New South Welshman.....absolutely pathetic display by everyone. The exceptions being Hindmarsh and Weyman.

I blame Tahu for the first try, and Cooper and Morris had their comedy routine in order. So all in all I can only imagine you Qlder's are having a good time right now (and will do for some time to come!)