Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Titan CEO

Default Ricky Stuart new Kangaroos league coach

Ricky Stuart has been appointed coach of the Australian rugby league team for 2006.

His appointment was announced by the Australian Rugby League (ARL).

The Sydney Roosters mentor replaces Wayne Bennett who resigned on Friday in the wake of the Tri Nations series final loss to New Zealand.

ARL chairman Colin Love said Stuart would step down from his current representative role as NSW State of Origin coach with North Queensland Cowboys coach Graham Murray taking over that job.

smh.com.au

Default Stuart named new Kangaroos coach

from foxsports.news.com.au

RICKY Stuart has been appointed coach of the Australia rugby league team for 2006.

His appointment was announced by the Australian Rugby League today.

The Sydney Roosters mentor replaces Wayne Bennett, who resigned on Friday in the wake of the the Tri-Nations final loss to New Zealand.

ARL chairman Colin Love said Stuart would step down from his current representative role as New South Wales State of Origin coach, with North Queenland Cowboys coach Graham Murray taking over that job for the coming season

can a mod merge this and Super Cronks threads

Congrats to Ricky and I wish him all the best.. and Hey go Muzza.. NSW coach and I am sure he will do a great job... I wonder who gets country now... my money would be on Bellamy to take over the Country job... being a NSW boy after all or so I can remember..

Everyone wins.. YAY for that.. and congrats once again to Ricky..

Junior Titan

Well done at least stuart stepped down from the blues role and handed it to murray i thought that was a courageous decision and him not hogging all the limelight.

Murray should do a fine job with the blues for next season's SOO series

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    can a mod merge this and Super Cronks threads

Done..

How Bizzare both stories posted at exactly the same time...

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

I'm surprised as I thought they would wait until the new year to announce a new appointment.

Ricky will be a good coach, I just hope he learns to stop attacking the international game, we can not have our Kangaroos coach being negative towards the international game.

Ricky, in the past has shown great pride and respect for the Kangaroos and the game, so I think his appointment will be a good thing.

I think he will shape up as a great Kangaroos coach.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Congrats to Ricky and I wish him all the best.. and Hey go Muzza.. NSW coach and I am sure he will do a great job... I wonder who gets country now... my money would be on Bellamy to take over the Country job... being a NSW boy after all or so I can remember..

Everyone wins.. YAY for that.. and congrats once again to Ricky..
    Bellamy was country coach this year wasn't he? i think you mean who will be the city coach?

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I'm surprised as I thought they would wait until the new year to announce a new appointment.

Ricky will be a good coach, I just hope he learns to stop attacking the international game, we can not have our Kangaroos coach being negative towards the international game.

Ricky, in the past has shown great pride and respect for the Kangaroos and the game, so I think his appointment will be a good thing.

I think he will shape up as a great Kangaroos coach.
    I agree with you. Im was a bit worried about Ricky's appointment due to previous attacks on the international series. Hopefully Stuart will help promote the tri-nations tournament to make it even more of a event.

Quote Originally Posted by Katus
    Bellamy was country coach this year wasn't he? i think you mean who will be the city coach?
    You are right Katus.. sorry forgot that Murray is City Coach.. LOL.. :dizzy:

Well if it is City Coach you can't go past Tim Sheens or Steve Folkes.. both very good coaches and would do the job well... but I think Folkesy may actually want to coach country.. but hey if he does want the job I think he'd be great at it..

Hopefully he does well, I didn't want him to get it, but I can't change it. Good luck to him.

Junior Titan

i reckon paul harragon or matty johns should coach the city origin side

they were assitants last year and did a great job with it

Maybe.. they are very good.. Harragon especially.. maybe even Sterlo may have a chance.. but then he'd have to give up Channel 9 commentary duties..

But I still like Sheens and Folkesy.. tried and tested and both are very talented with good win records.. I reckon they should be first choice..

Finally LOL at Anasta in a Roosters Jersey.. makes me laugh.. good luck to you with that hot/cold tap in 2006... :rotflmao:

Junior Titan

Folkesy has said he doesnt want nothing to do with representative duties

Congrats to Ricky Stuart - another feather in the cap for him in what is proving to be one of the hottest starts to a coaching career in some time.

Harragon or Matty Johns will not coach against the Country team, no chance in the world.

DeeGan