Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    France won't make it to the next stage. They would need to thrash Sth Africa as France's goal difference is 5 worse than Uruguay and 4 worse than Mexico and I doubt that SA would lose by more than 2. Especially playing at home.

I think they call it Karma...
    karma is the right word for the hand of frog incident, france are done, spain and england might be too.

Titans First Grader

The France game will be interesting, on paper they have the players to make up the goal difference they need but they have 0 team spirit and it appears that the players do not get on well with the coach. Lets not forget that should Uruguay and Mexico draw then they both go through.... that's your banker result for game 3.

As for England, sadly we still have a chance of going through, we dont deserve to but again on paper we have the team to win and win comfortably.

Spain however outplayed the Swiss, they will go through as they have 2 easy games to go and i wouldnt be surprised if we see them put 4 or 5 past Honduras this week.

As you said Argentina have been the stand out team so far, they just have so many attacking options, they could bring on Maradona himself and still score a hatfull of goals.

Banned

i dont f'n believe the italians have screwed us again, ref sends harry off and gives a penalty by the italian ref which wasn't even a hand ball and even if itt was it is not a red card offense, plus a bad tackle by a ghana player from behind only got a yellow!!!

An absolute joke. Not as annoyed about Harry's red as I am about the Yellow card the Ghana player got soon after. It was so much worse than Cahill's red in the Germany game. We would have wiped the floor with Ghana if the teams were even (it would have been 10 on 10 if the referee's were consistent with their red cards)

That Santo, Sam and Ed show on SBS is pretty good. I love Santo. Good to see Mick Molloy on as well.

Good for the casual fan.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Fantastic match. We defended great in the first half, and when we got our chances we looked good. Holman's goal had me out of my seat waking up the neighbours! For a few minutes there was a chance of advancing to the next round. Such a shame that 4-0 result against Germany is the killer for our chances. If we only lose 1-0 we advance.

Oh and I have to add, Serbia struggled to keep up with us in the 2nd half even with 12 players on the pitch. The refereeing was atrocious. The worst example was a Serbian player sitting on the ball after falling over, which lead to us being penalised.

Banned

i knew that first game would mess us up, nice work pim ya moron, if we played attacking style like against ghana and serbia we would be through.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i knew that first game would mess us up, nice work pim ya moron, if we played attacking style like against ghana and serbia we would be through.
    Our defensive attitude and poor selections in certain positions were only half the problem though. Cahill getting sent off along with some defensive lapses were the major cause of the 4-0 scoreline and inevitably our exit from the tournament.

Well that's a wrap. I'll continue to follow Germany and South Korea.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

My support moves onto the Kiwis. They could cause an even bigger shock than their draw with Italy and sneak through to the final 16.

Banned

this may shock you but ill be following the usa.

i think i'll follow the RUGBY LEAGUE
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    i think i'll follow the RUGBY LEAGUE
    RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY LEAGUE! RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY LEAGUE!

Nothing beats it!

Banned

Italy and France finish last in their pretty easy groups after both met in the last world cup final all i have to say is... karma is a *****, thats what you get for diving against the aussies and cheating against the irish. I gurarantee that a south american team will win the world cup. France and Italy knocked out, Spain need to win against chile or they are knocked out, england got close to getting knocked out.

here are the final 16 matches

Germany vs England

Ghana Vs Usa

Uruguay vs S.Korea

Paraguay vs Japan

Argentina vs Mexico

Holland vs Slovakia

most likely Brazil vs spain/chile

most likely Portugal vs spain/chile