Default Greg Bird clinches 12 month extension with the Gold Coast

Bird sets sights on payback

REFORMED bad boy Greg Bird has outlined his dream to win a premiership at the Titans after clinching a new deal with the club and scoring a $150,000 pay rise.

In a major coup for the Titans ahead of tomorrow night's clash against the Roosters at Skilled Park, the club has handed Bird a lucrative 12-month extension - keeping the former Test enforcer on the Gold Coast for 2011.

It is understood Bird's upgraded contract is worth $250,000, a marked increase on the $100,000 lifeline he accepted from the Titans to resurrect his career in the NRL this season.

Bird, who escaped a jail term on appeal last year, has been a revelation at five-eighth for the Titans, helping transform the club into a bona fide title contender alongside halves partner Scott Prince.

And the 26-year-old warned NRL rivals his best was yet to come as he attempts to repay the Gold Coast's faith by leading them to a watershed title.

"I guess it's a good safety net for me, I've had a bit of a dodgy reputation that has stuck to me but hopefully it's all behind me. I love it up here and the team is going great, hopefully we can keep improving and be the dominant team in Queensland.

"I was always hoping to stay here. The Titans brought me back and gave me the lifeline I needed. I'm in a good place and it's a great club. I just want to repay their loyalty now. My best is still to come."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 30-05-10 at 01:57 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bargin!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Thats Great news!!!GO BIG BIRD

Brilliant news
    #itaintweaktospeak

Good to hear there was no truth behind the returning to Crapnulla. What great news this is for the club.

I think he will have a blinder for us tonight. Hopefully he will feel boosted by the confidence in the contract and the support of the Titans.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER