Thread: NRL Promotion

Banned

Default NRL Promotion

Many would argue that rugby league is the most entertaining and best sport in the world(not me) but here we are with players getting payed jack all and crowd attendances very very low(the sfs is ALWAYS empty) with boring non skilled sports such as gridiron and boring sports like baseball in america always getting full crowds and more closer to home the afl always getting near full crowds i think we need a big change that promotes nrl better so the players get paid more and more bums are in seats. I think we should bring in the Promoter of the UFC or MLB or the NFL so that we can do this.

what do you guys think?

It's a long haul but we are making progress.

Crowd averages are always dragged down by teams like the Storm and an out of form Warriors. But the Storm have a fantastic new stadium now and besides the controversy I think they will probably average around 18k.

Also the Rugby League has been marketing big games better and we have seen alot of crowds over 30k and near 40k in Sydney.

Playing at ANZ Stadium is a death trap and even 40k doesnt look too grand in it. Rugby League needs it's own rectangular stadium in the west.

The SFS is a great facility but unfortunately the low drawing Roosters and sometimes Tigers call it home. It should be home to Souths as well, who play at ANZ due to financial inducements.

Starting by promoting Memberships is important, so rain or hail or out of form, clubs can depends on a more solid core for crowds.

We have our work cut out for ourselves on the Coast as well. We need to raise our crowds.

Transport is also an issue in NSW. In Queensland we are spoilt with free transport. It is another added cost for attending games in NSW.

The big growth in Memberships for Souths, Dragons, Parra and Canterbury certainly helps us get closer to that dream of better crowds.

I agree though, no one at games, no matter the TV ratings, is a terrible advertisement for our game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER