Default Round 9: Melbourne Storm vs Brisbane Broncos

Melbourne Storm vs Brisbane Broncos
    3:00pm Sunday May 9, 2010AMMI Park, Melbourne, VIC

Melbourne Storm
    Billy Slater, Matt Duffie, Dane Nielsen, Greg Inglis, Anthony Quinn, Brett Finch, Cooper Cronk, Bryan Norrie, Cam Smith [c], Jeff Lima, Adam Blair, Ryan Hoffman, Todd Lowrie.

Subs: Ryan Hinchcliffe, Kevin Proctor, Ryan Tandy, Jesse Bromwich, Hep Cahill, Brett White, Willie Isa (three to be omitted).

Brisbane Broncos
    Josh Hoffman, Denan Kemp, Ben Te'o, Israel Folau, Jharal Yow Yeh, Darren Lockyer [c], Ben Hunt, Shane Tronc, Alex Glenn, Scott Anderson, Lagi Setu, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker.

Subs: Corey Norman, Nick Kenny, Mitchell Dodds, Dunamis Lui, Gerard Beale (one to be omitted).

Date: Sun May 9 2010, 3:00PM AEST
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

BELLAMY SAYS 'THIS ONE IS FOR THE FANS'

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has paid tribute to all Melbourne Storm fans that have stuck by the Club over the past fortnight, and has vowed to repay their faith with a strong showing on Sunday against traditional rivals the Brisbane Broncos.

With pre-purchase ticket sales already exceeding 5,000 since going on sale last Thursday night, a big crowd is expected at AAMI Park for the Storm's first ever game at their new $267.5million home.

"The one thing we have been really looking forward to over the past two weeks is this game on the weekend," said Bellamy.

"It's a little bit extra special this week going into the new stadium.

"Hopefully we'll have plenty of fans turn up, they've been wonderfully supportive during this period, and I know the players are really looking forward to going there.

"Hopefully most of our guys can back up from Friday night because I know how much it means to them to play in front of their home fans for the first time at AAMI Park.

"What we do on the field this week, most of that will be for the fans, because like I said they've been wonderful throughout this and we're looking forward to paying them back on Sunday."

Given the incredible nature of the initial response, the Storm strongly encourages people to pre-purchase their tickets to avoid any pre-match congestion at box office windows that may be caused due to the large turn out expected on the day.

Pre-sale figures thus far indicate a massive crowd on Sunday, therefore pre-purchasing tickets will guarantee patrons will be in their seats before the game begins.

Tickets can be purchased by going to the Ticketek website at htt://www.ticketek.com.au, by phone on 132 849, or at any Ticketek outlet.

Source: Storm

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Should be a big, near capacity crowd. I know I will be there for this historic occasion to see the new ground christened TWICE by the greatest game, Rugby League.

There is surprisingly a Shyte load of Donkey colours wondering Melbourne CBD , a long way to go for a flogging or maybe Smith being out will give them a bit of confidence...even if it is false.
    #itaintweaktospeak

WOW didn't see that one coming. Brisbane 36 Melbourne 14
    Broncos win, and win well.
    Have the Storm run out of motivation now i wonder?
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

i think the Broncos were hungry to keep their season alive.

and is this going to be the start of a losing streak for Melbourne?
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!