Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Idea Thread

The only thing stopping it from working is people not thinking big enough. The problem in the past is that there was not enough marketing done. It needs to be marketed to work.

If you want changes then think big. If you want the legion to grow then think big. I m d@mn sure when souths decided to focus on their membership growth they didnt think... oh lets give them a T Shirt!

Anyway.... thats my opinion, its the same opinion I ve had since 2008. Why the hell cant Titanium members and Gold members be apart of the Fan Club without having to sit behind the goal posts. If you dont include ALL Titans Fans then you end up with what you have at a lot of other clubs with numerous fan clubs. Why would someone in Titanium or Gold give up their seat to sit and get nose bleeds from the top of section 30. There is no advantage there. You cant stand you cant get into it the same way as the first few rows and even further to that why would the club want to give up those extra membership dollars between titaniums $600 odd and and section 30 s $250.

Look at the flags...... we cant even spread them up through section 30 because they are to big for the rows behind us........ how many of those d@mn things did I sew.... imagine them all around the stadium in the first 4 rows.............

Its all about thinking big and marketing. Not marketing a few weeks before the next season but marketing now..... while people are all fired up and into it. Why is there only 105 legion members..... well how many of you are members and how many pay weekly. How many titanium members are there or gold members..... how many of them would love to stand in the first 4 rows of their sections and really get into it.

Anyway thats enough from me before I say something I shouldnt.

Think big ......

If you think you can..... or you think you cant....... YOUR RIGHT

Here's to 2015

[QUOTE=GCT_07;267134]Why would someone in Titanium or Gold give up their seat to sit and get nose bleeds from the top of section 30.QUOTE]

Exactly.....and to be honest I am not fussed on sitting down front either. No offence, but I like the view from row 16 just fine as I can see what is unfolding out on the field. As for being a fan........I am one of the biggest (figuratively speaking).and there are lots out there believe it or not. Just scattered everywhere and until section 30 grows it will sometimes seem that the away bay (depending on the team i.e. Dragons) will appear 'loud' if I can say that without getting anyones nose out of joint.
    In my opinion section 30 does need to be marketed more as much as it pains me to say as I pay more and get less....but that is my choice.

So....too late for this season but my thoughts to improve membership for the future. Whether it be section 30 or elsewhere..

1/ The later the kick off the lesss likely to get a good crowd. i.e. Canberra Game 8:30 kick off (9:30 Sth of the Border during daylight saving) so once game times are confirmed weeks earlier and we have a late kick off perhaps Titans Admins can promote cheaper family tickets....something to still entice a family even though it is a late game.

2/ Every 100th/200th new season member (include/exclude non ticketed members?) gets a Titans jersey (signed/unsigned?)...After all how hard is it to throw 30 jerseys on a table and have the boys sign it?

3/ I am aware of the Junior (little) league playing their games during the half time break and that should not be stopped but perhaps the following can be done before kick off and after the teams have warmed up in the stadium and have headed back to the sheds....A conversion attempt by a fan and depending on their age/agility/ability in front of the posts or to the side.
    This fan would need to have won some kind of competition....and I have no idea what the prize could be (signed jersey again...?)......and it doesn't need to be a jersey......A polo shirt still looks good in a frame. *They gotta frame it themselves!)

These are just my thoughts and some or all of them maybe shot down in flames so if anyone has any ideas or any constructive critisism on what is listed here please feel free to comment......also all of the above will be a slow process on recruiting members but word of mouth is a powerful tool and if a 'newbie' goes to the footy and enjoys not only the game but the entertainment he tells his mate, who tells his mate etc etc.

You grow the Legion and the rest falls into place.

The later the kick off the lesss likely to get a good crowd. i.e. Canberra Game 8:30 kick off (9:30 Sth of the Border during daylight saving) so once game times are confirmed weeks earlier and we have a late kick off perhaps Titans Admins can promote cheaper family tickets....something to still entice a family even though it is a late game.

YES! Finally someone brings it up, i remember me and doug (i think it was doug?) were talking about it at one of the late games this season. Some families were leaving early even though the titans were winning. Obviously, this means that games are just to late in general. For example, i remember a game years back with the tigers v rabbitohs, 8:45 Kick off! Now seriously, is that way to late or is it just me. Titans do need to take this into consideration as these families are paying the same as Day game goers but still not being able to watch the full game due to responsibility reasons for their children.
    This idea is a great one IMO and needs to be dealt with

Every 100th/200th new season member (include/exclude non ticketed members?) gets a Titans jersey (signed/unsigned?)...After all how hard is it to throw 30 jerseys on a table and have the boys sign it?

Hmm this could work out and it could not. It could work because Fans want to win it of course, but the reason people might not want to do it because they realise it is extremely hard to win something like that (yes you have to be in it to win it but thats not the point) and would need a heck load of advertising for that type of thing to be put in place.
    But yes, if we could get it to work and the budget for advertising, it would be a pretty good idea

I am aware of the Junior (little) league playing their games during the half time break and that should not be stopped but perhaps the following can be done before kick off and after the teams have warmed up in the stadium and have headed back to the sheds....A conversion attempt by a fan and depending on their age/agility/ability in front of the posts or to the side.
    This fan would need to have won some kind of competition....and I have no idea what the prize could be (signed jersey again...?)......and it doesn't need to be a jersey......A polo shirt still looks good in a frame. *They gotta frame it themselves!)

This sounds a lot like what they do in the professional basketball over in america. "Shoot the ball in the hoop once get a small prize, twice get another prize, third get a bigger prize". This goes excellent in america and i think we can use the same kind of tactic to gain higher crowds who want to have a go of the 10 seconds of fame on the field (which many reasons they can get a hype off - Eg. Being on field the players play on, In front of a massive crowd, Winning prizes etc.). I think we should change it up a bit from the american style but great point you brought up shamus QUOTE]

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

The thing about moving sideways.. wat about keep it at the 1st 14 rows once get bthat full move sideways???????

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    The thing about moving sideways.. wat about keep it at the 1st 14 rows once get bthat full move sideways???????
    I think that is the best idea. The seats up the front are of more use to The Legion. More flexible and more acces to wheelchair areas and more stuff to hang banners on and more flag room up front.

If there are imbedded Steel members. We could encourage the Titans to contact them and offer them a Legion membership at a discounted rate or something. Appeasing Members who sit there is the big issue when expanding. Even give them a Gold upgrade.

How awesome would it be to cover the front of the northern stand.

Anyway keep the ideas coming. Members Forum next week. So we might see a change in 2011 Members once the club has digested what the fans think.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

I know this prob sounds a bit costly....But maybe For one away match of the year....The gold coast could hire a plane and take the nyc squad and First grade team on and then sell some really cheap airline tickets to gold coast titans fans and maybe make like a combo like
    eg for the away game against souths
    Fly with the Gold Coast Titans for $200 Return including
    Gold coast to sydney-$20
    Hotel-$100
    Game day ticket away supporters bay $20
    Sydney to Gold coast $20
    Hire coach transfer $40

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    I know this prob sounds a bit costly....But maybe For one away match of the year....The gold coast could hire a plane and take the nyc squad and First grade team on and then sell some really cheap airline tickets to gold coast titans fans and maybe make like a combo like
    eg for the away game against souths
    Fly with the Gold Coast Titans for $200 Return including
    Gold coast to sydney-$20
    Hotel-$100
    Game day ticket away supporters bay $20
    Sydney to Gold coast $20
    Hire coach transfer $40
    Its a good idea, but yes, it would be to costly as far as im aware. I havnt researched how much everything would cost, but from first glance only, it seems it wouldnt be a "reasonable" idea.
    Anyone else think the same?

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

the club has been hounding jetstar to give members discount flights so that we can attend more away games... but jetstar wont do it
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    the club has been hounding jetstar to give members discount flights so that we can attend more away games... but jetstar wont do it
    but yer i know that but like evan just one away game titans charter a flight and then titans give out cheaper seats once every year for there home games

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Working with the club trying to get a set away game for fans.. I will keep u all posted