Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

It isn't officially called the anzac test get a grip. And try being patriotic about the country and game you love. Weak!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It isn't officially called the anzac test get a grip. And try being patriotic about the country and game you love. Weak!
    un-patriotic??? your kidding me right???

I LOVE MY COUNTRY and have the tattoo to prove it!!!!!!!!!
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Hmmmmmmm..........and dats about all I m going to say on that one

Here's to 2015

Very entertaining game, almost as good to watch as the City vs Country game afterwards. I love City vs Country, and it is obvious that the players do too. I didn't realise that Dean Young hadn't played rep footy until tonight's game. Same with Luke Burt.
    Last edited by Steelers; 08-05-10 at 12:46 AM.

I always new we had the best Rugby League stadium in the country ahead of Suncorp but not anymore...AAMI Stadium now has the title..not sure if it came through on Tv but it's just a brilliant place to watch footy , the Stadium had teething problems with the roof leaking in places & no where near enough toilets but apart from that it's fantastic
    #itaintweaktospeak

Lucky you are a friend Brad... Calling me un-patriotic would get most people kicked in the teeth.

I love that players get to play for their country. Its the pinnacle of all sport. I know the feeling first hand of being selected into an Australian sporting team. Its the proudest moment of your life.

I don't agree with the timing. Melbourne Storm are now without Cameron Smith because of a game that the NRL couldn't even bother to roster on the correct day. Why do they need to play a Aust V NZ game at this time of the year. And don't tell me because of ANZAC Day. Thats just ****e. Why can't that game be played 2 weeks after the NRL Grandfinal.

Whatever Dee saying it has no meaning when the team is wearing the green and gold andour coat of arms is bull****. I dont even say that about the national teams of sports that I hate.

And wishing injury on players is unsportsmanship of the highest order.

Yea we got ripped and our club deserved at least one rep from Ash. Laffranchi. Prince. Or Bailey. But I'm not about to be a Souths or Canberra fan and turn my back on the Kangaroos. They represent Austealian rugby league as a whole. All 102 years of it.

The mid season test is no perfect. There needs to be less games in the NRL. British based players must be selected and the game should be officially called the Anzac Test and played on Anzac Day. But that is besides the point.

Ps didn't mean you Davey
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 08-05-10 at 11:15 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I always new we had the best Rugby League stadium in the country ahead of Suncorp but not anymore...AAMI Stadium now has the title..not sure if it came through on Tv but it's just a brilliant place to watch footy , the Stadium had teething problems with the roof leaking in places & no where near enough toilets but apart from that it's fantastic
    Yea Pete. You'd have to say it's a definite contender for best RL stadium. The leg room and quality of the seats was fantastic. The tv screens could hav ben bigger. For instance ANZ Stadium has widescreen ones now. Which are amazing.

The lighting system was amazing. It looked like a day game at night. The laser light things off the roof looked awesome. And we still have to wait to see the led lights in action.

When I get home I'll post up some interesting pics. On the signs it says AAMI Park home of rugby league rugby union and football. Gals to see rugby league get top billing!

Transport is easy as. A five min train ride from Flinders St. And we even aloes back to Flinders St on the way home.

Lots of teehing problems. Including leaks everywhere. Even a group of fans up high got unexpectedly smashes by rain. We were unlucky enough to be I. Row 3. Which just like The Legion means you are open to the elements. I think two rows back we would have been sweet.

The rain didn't stop from twenty mins before kick off unt maybe 15-20 mins until full time. Most of that time we didn't even have pounchos.

Credit to the AAMI Park staff who gave out thousands of free pounchos to patrons. Take note Skilled Park.

Their was probably as much Storm merchandise on fans as Kangaroos and often a beautiful mix of club and national gear. The people of Melbourne still love their team.

It was very ironic walking past the old Olympic Park to enter AAMI Park as the contrast was stunning and it made it hard to believe that it was be home of rugby league since 1998 and also well before with it hosting Origins and Tests.

It's unfortunate that the rain stopped us having an dry track to bliz the Kiwis and show Melbourne what our stars are made of. But the ridiculous weather means it willa always be a noteworthy Test.

Lots of Kiwis at the game. Maybe you could tell at home? Lol but so many Rugby League fans travelled from around the nation to see the game. Including about six Titans fans from my flight from GC. At my hotel a couple came from NT. Also met a guy who came from Canberra too.

And of course Pete, Ant, me, Coaster and Syl and alot of others reppin the Gold Coast Titans. And yea we sported the Titans colours around AAMI Park!

Lockyer, Inglis and Slater had great games. Isaac Luke a stand out for the Kiwis. Just wish I could have watches it without being thoroughly saturated! Even my Teat Match program is warped from the wet. But I guess it adds to it's charm.

It's sunny Melbourne today. Hoping for sunny weather for the Stor
    v Broncos game. Hoping Cam Smith won't be out for long as the Maroons need him. But Nathan Friend would look perfectly at home in a Maroons jersey.

I'm looking forward to exploring AAMI Parl in sunny and dry conditions.

I also have to to mention the awesome TV ratings the Teat Match got. Especially in Melbourne. If we had a dry surface. I reckon we would have hooked even more Vics.

Figures go total Syd Mel Bris

3 Nine’s Live Friday Night Football Nine 1,217,000 563,000 257,000 397,000 *** ***
    19 Seven’s AFL: Rnd 7: Melbourne Vs Bulldogs Seven 579,000 5,000 348,000 5,000 106,000 115,000

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Whatever Dee saying it has no meaning when the team is wearing the green and gold andour coat of arms is bull****. I dont even say that about the national teams of sports that I hate.

And wishing injury on players is unsportsmanship of the highest order.

Yea we got ripped and our club deserved at least one rep from Ash. Laffranchi. Prince. Or Bailey. But I'm not about to be a Souths or Canberra fan and turn my back on the Kangaroos. They represent Austealian rugby league as a whole. All 102 years of it.

The mid season test is no perfect. There needs to be less games in the NRL. British based players must be selected and the game should be officially called the Anzac Test and played on Anzac Day. But that is besides the point.

Ps didn't mean you Davey
    They were playing for about as much as the Melbourne Storm are playing for. Ohhh yeah... ARL saying we beat you again.

Im not complaining that our players didn't play last night. Prince Bails and Harro are ready to go for tomorrows game.

I wanted players to come out of those games battered and bruised so that coaches and management of teams could see that their team and premiership goals suffer because of mid season rep games and injuries resulting from it.

And before I go. I don't give a crap that I am a moderator, If you are going to suggest that I am un-patriotic and weak because I have an opinion that you don't agree with, then I am going to fire up. To suggest that I am un-patriotic highly offends me.

I don't have a problem with you firing up mate. It's all good. We will just have to agree to be mutually offended.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 08-05-10 at 01:43 PM.

Just out of interest... How did Masterchef go in the ratings last night.

Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    Just out of interest... How did Masterchef go in the ratings last night.
    Had to have gotten at least one rating..... thats what I was watching with a quick score catch up in the ad breaks

Here's to 2015

Lol I wish I had a ratings box.

But there is alot more that can be done with aus v nz. Like bringing in a nz test series. In this weeks big league mag. Vossy suggested a two match series. Mid week like origin. After Origin series. Less NRL matches as well.

But I think the Kiwis really need a second NRL club to prop up a Test side.

Post Test media down here in Melbourne is very good. good thing about the Roos is that at least they represent Melbourne.

Great to catch up with Coaster. Pete spent the day at Flemmington races.

Coaster will come on here and give his AAMI Park report. With alot of stuff I agree with. Especially about facilities and lines for drinks and food. There was near 100% human traffic in the bowels of the stadium. Hopethis clears up at the Storm game.

Really love our Skilled Park though. Coming here also makes you realise th fantastic facility us Gold Coast fans have. And Section 30 with toilets and bars right outside. Also heaps of room underneath the stands. Also awesome management and team and supporters.