Junior Titan

Thumbs up Re: Titan send off at Airport vs Manly

Just noting thanks to Papa Smurf ( W to the Izzay )for the heads up on Meeting with the Guys at the local airport yesterday.. The kids loved it and was a real top morning...
    Got plenty of our loved merchandise signed by the guys and ALL present were more than accomodating and very friend-ly
    We got some great pics of my little men with some of our soldiers and was awesome... BUT.....
    I must mention one person... that was not only rude, but completely ignored , not just our little group in total, but my little 5 yr old girl ! Matt White ... I know you are a busy man, but 2 minutes was all that was needed.
    I am sceptical of your abililty to be even in our 17 man squad, AND the fact you are an INVERELL BOY.. (played against you back at school - Moree East), I expected better..
    Overall though, the day was great, and I hope to catch the boys out and about again.
    Regards from The Wiggs

Buggy...... I know when there are kids involved that its hard to explain why some players are more accomodating than others. But reality is that some players are just more used to it than others. They are in essence "football players" not celebrities. They are people just like you and me and for some all this attention is a little hard to deal with. Its all part of their time at the Titans.... they are taught how to play and they are taught how to deal with fans and media..... .some learn faster than others.

I remember back at Darwin at the get together with the sharks at parliment house up there...... some of the players were 'working the crowd' and others didnt have a clue what to do and were huddled amongst themselves. Now....I see those sameplayers that were huddled 12 months ago out and about 'working the crowd'.

White will get there mate....... he s a decent guy.... just a little reserved at the moment.

Here's to 2015

Titans First Grader goldcoastitans's Avatar

thanks wiggs glad you and the family had a good time ill be there next time to get stuff signed with you
    BECOME ONE OF US - BECOME A LEGIONNAIRE!

Junior Titan

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by goldcoastitans View Post
    thanks wiggs glad you and the family had a good time ill be there next time to get stuff signed with you
    Thanks... good game last night huh ?? next time you might have to chant "Wiggo" a little louder .. LOL

Thanks also for the advise GC07 .. I understand that the players are just like you and me ... I love supporting the Titans and I am sure that White will be more accomodating next time round ... (After all, I have met him several times before at training etc, and he was great).