Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 76 to 88 of 88
  1. #76
    Rep Player Supergoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springwood
    Posts
    1,674

    Default

    Dear Titan2007,

    Just because we are winning doesn't mean it isn't broken. Last night was the first time that the Titans have moved Bird into the pack and Campbell played 5/8 from the 20th minute or so and the Titans looked better than at any stage of the previous 7 games. This is the same tactic that Cronulla used to use with Bird as well and they finished equal first (3rd on for an against) when they did that.

    I agree somewhat with PSMITTY too. Tomane doesn't look to position his winger but he is young and I hope that the coaching staff is working with him at that. Toopi has made Kevin Gordon look more dangerous almost immediately and is showing how a centre should look to get his winger away. I wonder how we would go with Mead in the centres and Tomane on the wing and if that would add to our team. I know it would be good to have Tomane bringing the ball back from kicks as he is very difficult to tackle and he showed with a catch last night that he has what it takes under the high ball. Mead's acceleration from centre would give Tomane some space to work in as well and I'm thinking he could give us a bit of what Vatuvei gives the Warriors. I'm still not certain what our best 17 is with a number of blokes still coming back from injury. Great position to be in with pressure on every player to perform week-in and week-out. It will be interesting to see what our side looks like in the finals if we're all fit and healthy - whatever it is, you can guarantee the players that are there would've earned it.

    Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

  2. #77
    One Clubman Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On the run......
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I for one hav said all along that bird should be in 13 thats where he has played his rep nd club footy. Everyone says he is going to bring the mongal to the side im yet to see it......
    Bird got 'MOM' and 'Players Player' awards when playing 5/8 for Austalia and NSW - not at lock. At cronulla he was switched between lock & 5/8 several times, much to the same way Carty did lastnight.



    I like Bird in 5/8 mainly to keep our defensive line bigger, it's harder to cover for two small halves (Prince & Campbell) - but when you got a bigger 5/8, you only have to worry about covering the halfback.

    What Carty did last night worked well, starting Bird in #6 then rotating the boys around when Zillman came on. That didn't happen till the 35min mark though when the sting was taken out of the Penrith, our forwards made all the tackles then our backs made all the meters.
    The team was so much more organised in attack with Prince there, then we had Preston, Zillman and Bird running around as attacking options aswell as Laffranchi and Friend doing their usual close to the line.

    It worked well last night, but it needs to work more consistanly to declare it a success. But overall, IMO, it was Prince that made us so much better last night, not so much the Bird-Campbell-Zillman rotation.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....


  3. #78
    Junior Titan Titan2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I agree somewhat with PSMITTY too. Tomane doesn't look to position his winger but he is young and I hope that the coaching staff is working with him at that. Toopi has made Kevin Gordon look more dangerous almost immediately and is showing how a centre should look to get his winger away. I wonder how we would go with Mead in the centres and Tomane on the wing and if that would add to our team. I know it would be good to have Tomane bringing the ball back from kicks as he is very difficult to tackle and he showed with a catch last night that he has what it takes under the high ball. Mead's acceleration from centre would give Tomane some space to work in as well and I'm thinking he could give us a bit of what Vatuvei gives the Warriors. I'm still not certain what our best 17 is with a number of blokes still coming back from injury. Great position to be in with pressure on every player to perform week-in and week-out. It will be interesting to see what our side looks like in the finals if we're all fit and healthy - whatever it is, you can guarantee the players that are there would've earned it.
    Yes, I totally agree, thanks.

  4. #79
    Junior Titan Titan2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Bird got 'MOM' and 'Players Player' awards when playing 5/8 for Austalia and NSW - not at lock. At cronulla he was switched between lock & 5/8 several times, much to the same way Carty did lastnight.
    Bird is a better 5/8, because of your exact reasons above and below.


    I like Bird in 5/8 mainly to keep our defensive line bigger, it's harder to cover for two small halves (Prince & Campbell) - but when you got a bigger 5/8, you only have to worry about covering the halfback.

    What Carty did last night worked well, starting Bird in #6 then rotating the boys around when Zillman came on. That didn't happen till the 35min mark though when the sting was taken out of the Penrith, our forwards made all the tackles then our backs made all the meters.
    The team was so much more organised in attack with Prince there, then we had Preston, Zillman and Bird running around as attacking options aswell as Laffranchi and Friend doing their usual close to the line.

    It worked well last night, but it needs to work more consistanly to declare it a success. But overall, IMO, it was Prince that made us so much better last night, not so much the Bird-Campbell-Zillman rotation.
    I agree too.

  5. #80
    Rep Player GCT_89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Townsville
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwine10 View Post
    Must say, it was disappointing to hear on the radio that Ben Ridge has signed a 3 year deal with Manly. He will be a loss.
    WAIT! WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

    is that confirmed?
    have i missed something??

    NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

  6. #81
    Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    used to be SEC 30
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    You don't think Bird has brought Mongrel to our defensive line Tattsman??

    I must be watching different games to you mate. He is constantly in the oppositions faces and hitting them hard - he has also had a positive effect on Mini who defends inside him because he has been putting the shoulder in more this year too.

    Luke Lewis showed him up in the first half last night with the offlaod that led to a try but he is the first guy to do it all year.

    I was SUPER impressed by Lewis and he should be a walk up start for the Aussie #13 the way he is playing.
    Not as much as everyone thought he would.. I think him out in the 13 nd the little guy up in 5/8 we'll get more points on the table...

    IMO thats all... I understand wat other ppl are saying i just feel nd see thats a better way for us nd iv said that b4 he even got signed

  7. #82
    Tech Administrator tamwe-LG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Section 30
    Posts
    6,041

    Default

    I agree there is more points in the team with presto at 5/8, but the no mongrel from Bird, WOW, you are joking right. Bird put on some massive hits in the first 4 rounds and his mongrel has rubbed off on all the forwards, they are running and tackling harder this year.

    Toopi has slotted in at left centre very nicely. He is strong in defense, runs some good lines and looks to get the ball to his winger. Tomane was much better in defense this week and as someone mention, he didn't get the ball to Mead. I watched the replay just now and there wasn't really any opportunities for him to pass it.

    Nice to see Zillman get involved with some play making roles like all good fullbacks in the modern game do.

    We were a lot more organized with Princey back. He makes a huge difference to the team.

    The forwards are the main reason for our success this year. They are winni
    g the battle against every pack they have come up against this year IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

  8. #83
    One Clubman Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    On the run......
    Posts
    3,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post

    The forwards are the main reason for our success this year. They are winni
    g the battle against every pack they have come up against this year IMO.
    Spot on. (Apart from the spelling\grammar)

    I laugh at all the commentators calling our games. Before and durring every match they rubbish the Titans, pointing out all their "weakness" and saying how they were lucky to win last weeks game ect, ect. Then after the match and we have won, again, they are all 'umming', 'arrghing' and stuttering trying to come up with some proffessional sounding conclusion as to why we won and why their match prediction was wrong.

    At the start of the season they were all bagging our forward pack saying they were too soft, small, ect. Now 8 rounds in, they have rolled allmost all the top sides in the comp........

    I've been trying to call Foxs sports after each match to give them a live verbal on my thoughts, but haven't been able to get through yet. It'll will be funny when I eventually do though
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....


  9. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Spot on. (Apart from the spelling\grammar)

    I laugh at all the commentators calling our games. Before and durring every match they rubbish the Titans, pointing out all their "weakness" and saying how they were lucky to win last weeks game ect, ect. Then after the match and we have won, again, they are all 'umming', 'arrghing' and stuttering trying to come up with some proffessional sounding conclusion as to why we won and why their match prediction was wrong.

    At the start of the season they were all bagging our forward pack saying they were too soft, small, ect. Now 8 rounds in, they have rolled allmost all the top sides in the comp........

    I've been trying to call Foxs sports after each match to give them a live verbal on my thoughts, but haven't been able to get through yet. It'll will be funny when I eventually do though
    after next mondays game you can ring up the foxsports nrl crew(ryan phelan,tallis,freeman,junior)

  10. #85
    Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    used to be SEC 30
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    IMO thats all... I understand wat other ppl are saying i just feel nd see thats a better way for us nd iv said that b4 he even got signed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I agree there is more points in the team with presto at 5/8, but the no mongrel from Bird, WOW, you are joking right. Bird put on some massive hits in the first 4 rounds and his mongrel has rubbed off on all the forwards, they are running and tackling harder this year.

    .
    Im not joking but thats the way i see it IMO we all look at it diff......

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Spot on. (Apart from the spelling\grammar)

    I laugh at all the commentators calling our games. Before and durring every match they rubbish the Titans, pointing out all their "weakness" and saying how they were lucky to win last weeks game ect, ect. Then after the match and we have won, again, they are all 'umming', 'arrghing' and stuttering trying to come up with some proffessional sounding conclusion as to why we won and why their match prediction was wrong.


    I've been trying to call Foxs sports after each match to give them a live verbal on my thoughts, but haven't been able to get through yet. It'll will be funny when I eventually do though
    I hear wat ur saying Daly is the wrost with Tallis 2nd....

    Each week end on the sat nd monday iv been trying also to get on there to ask them the same Q?s

  11. #86
    Tech Administrator tamwe-LG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Section 30
    Posts
    6,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Spot on. (Apart from the spelling\grammar)
    hahaha I guess that's what happens when I reply from the iphone LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

  12. #87
    Tech Administrator tamwe-LG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Section 30
    Posts
    6,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Im not joking but thats the way i see it IMO we all look at it diff......
    And that's what make discussion on here interesting. The fact everyone sees it differently leads to some interesting comments / debates.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

  13. #88
    Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    used to be SEC 30
    Posts
    3,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    And that's what make discussion on here interesting. The fact everyone sees it differently leads to some interesting comments / debates.
    Oh so true..


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew