Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Well, well, well. Seems playing bird in the back row with Campbell at 5/8 leads to the titans scoring stacks of points. Everything looked better with that line up. Zillman even looked more dangerous with Campbell feeding him some good ball. Now if only toopi and tomane can get the wingers some premium ball we'll be on fire. Impressed with White's performance and the backrow was on fire. Friend, Prince and Campbell were great and apart from a couple of errors defusing bombs and coming off our line it was an excellent performance.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

1. William Zillman
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    13. Greg Bird

Way of the future, start of a beautiful thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    1. William Zillman
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    13. Greg Bird

hopefully john cartwright envisions this too

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    1. William Zillman
    6. Preston Campbell
    7. Scott Prince
    13. Greg Bird

Yep, but I did like how carry played Bird 5/8 for the first 20 mins to soak up that part of the game and then put everyone in the positions you mention. I thought it worked well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

They certainly looked better with presto at 5/8 and Bird at lock. It caused the Penrith defence a lot of problems. Gee, the forwards are playing well at the moment. Big Matt White had a super game - I think he realises Big Bubba Cannings is back.
    With Luke O'Dwyer back in a couple of weeks, things azre looking good. Must say, it was disappointing to hear on the radio that Ben Ridge has signed a 3 year deal with Manly. He will be a loss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by redwine10 View Post
    They certainly looked better with presto at 5/8 and Bird at lock. It caused the Penrith defence a lot of problems. Gee, the forwards are playing well at the moment. Big Matt White had a super game - I think he realises Big Bubba Cannings is back.
    With Luke O'Dwyer back in a couple of weeks, things azre looking good. Must say, it was disappointing to hear on the radio that Ben Ridge has signed a 3 year deal with Manly. He will be a loss.
    WHAT!!! damn i liked ben ridge, now he's going to manly, i lost on 1-12 but i got my money back and a bit more on storm 13+

Great game from the Titans. Really starting to click into gear.
    Have a real chance to gain a lot of momentum now with winnable games coming up in Newcastle and Brisbane. Should be looking to win both of those.

Yes Eelectrica spot on.

We go Knights - Broncos - Bye.

There are 6 points just waiting to be collected there and if we can pick em all up we will be CLEARLY second and possibly even tied for 1st depending on how the high flying Saints go. If we reults go our way we could be 4 points clear of 3rd coming out of that bye. Wow!!

That third team we play - Bye - has a better chance of making the 8 than the Knights or the Broncos do so we have to put em away - HARD!! And if we play like we did tonight it will be no problem at all. Loved seeing Bird at lock where he belongs and didn't we look a different ball team with Prince back at the helm. It is impossible to underestimate how much he brings to our football team - he truly is an elite player who we should not take for granted.

Great win by the Titans and it was good to see the Bird, Preston, Zillman experiment work well. My concern though is Tomane although he had a better game then he did against Manly he just doesn't pass the ball. I watched him all night and from what i could see he did not pass the ball once. We used to complain about Delaney not giving good ball to his winger. In my opinion he has taken it to another level and doesn't give mead any ball. I have not seen much of mead at all this year and would like to see him get more of the ball rather then him just doing dummy half runs during the game. Is Tomane just selfish with the ball because he certainly has the strength to make the breaks but if he could learn to pass more he has a zippy winger that could finish off more plays. Just my two cents.....
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Well, well, well. Seems playing bird in the back row with Campbell at 5/8 leads to the titans scoring stacks of points. Everything looked better with that line up. Zillman even looked more dangerous with Campbell feeding him some good ball. Now if only toopi and tomane can get the wingers some premium ball we'll be on fire. Impressed with White's performance and the backrow was on fire. Friend, Prince and Campbell were great and apart from a couple of errors defusing bombs and coming off our line it was an excellent performance.
    How long have we been calling for that?
    Zillman will look even better with some decent game time.

While I was cheering for the Panthers last night, it was a highly enjoyable game. Close first half, and the blown out score didn't indicate just how close it was over all.

Panthers missed Pritchard, but Coote was on fire (except for tackling Ash after putting up a bomb, what the hell? If he'd chased the ball he likely would have scored).

I thought Preston was the best he's been in a long time, was elusive and hard to tackle. Prince had a great game too. Depending on how bad Thurston's injury was, he might be seeing Origin again this year.

I don't think Tomane is selfish. He just doesn't seem to be able to position his winger. Did anyone else see Travis Burns carrying on like a pork chop when we went 14 up? Looked like he was going to murder the touchies.

The best we have played in a long time...certainly the best we have played this season. Better than the Manly game IMO. (That was awesome defense...this was awesome everything) Almost error free.........I have no idea how many errors we did make but such a fantastic 'team' effort I really didn't notice too many..

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

it was a great game last night for the titans and for the fans..

I for one hav said all along that bird should be in 13 thats where he has played his rep nd club footy. Everyone says he is going to bring the mongal to the side im yet to see it.. Playing 5/8 u to worried about running with the play maker and abit of kicking. Put in 13 nd than u might get wat u hav been calling for...

Default If it aint broke ...

Bird is a 5/8 and Harrison is a lock. Harrison roams the field and covers in defence. Lock and 5/8 are basically the same anyway. Harrison defends his butt off all over the field. Bird's job is to get the ball out. These stats are proven. If it's not broken, why on earth would you want to change it? Why is it that you would prefer Bird at lock? I genuinely would like to know your thoughts. Thanks.

You don't think Bird has brought Mongrel to our defensive line Tattsman??

I must be watching different games to you mate. He is constantly in the oppositions faces and hitting them hard - he has also had a positive effect on Mini who defends inside him because he has been putting the shoulder in more this year too.

Luke Lewis showed him up in the first half last night with the offlaod that led to a try but he is the first guy to do it all year.

I was SUPER impressed by Lewis and he should be a walk up start for the Aussie #13 the way he is playing.