Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

So the stage is set for an exciting return for Prince or for the team to get the job done. I think Tomane's defensive problems aren't terminal, it can be fixed. But once we plug that gap out that side we will be a very hard team to beat.

I didn't give Bird any points for the Forum Awards, but he certainly was impressive. Just what we were hoping from him.

Penrith can score alot of points, so hopefully our defence holds out and we can strike back.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Penrith Panthers: Lachlan Coote, Michael Gordon, Michael Jennings, Adrian Purtell, Brad Tighe, Travis Burns, Luke Walsh, Tim Grant, Kevin Kingston, Petero Civoniceva [c], Trent Waterhouse, Frank Pritchard, Luke Lewis.

Subs: Masada Iosefa, Nathan Smith, Matthew Bell, Sam McKendry, Wade Graham (one to be omitted).

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'm thinking Preston will slide right back into Fullback leaving Zillman on the bench.

7. Preston Campbell
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Clinton Toopi
    4. Joseph Tomane
    5. David Mead
    6. Greg Bird
    25. Scott Prince
    8. Luke Bailey
    9. Nathan Friend
    10. Brad Meyers
    11. Anthony Laffranchi
    12. Mark Minichiello
    13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matthew White
    15. Michael Henderson
    16. Sam Tagataese
    1. William Zillman

Won't suprise me if we see Zillman slot in for Tomane of Mead if they don't lift their defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    You have to worry about the Titans defence out wide that is constantly exploited by other teams. With the likes of Jennings running at it, it spells danger.
    If Jennings spells danger what does Pritchard spell??

He could run absolutely RIOT against the sort of defence that the Tomane / Mead flank has been dishing up.

I liked the idea that somebody else had of switching Bird over that side to shore it up a bit. He was nothing short of PHENOMENAL in defence against the Sea Eagles and with Mini and Toopi out there that edge was a vault. It will weaken a strength a little but I think in all we will be better with Bird running shotgun for Tomane who is struggling BIG TIME!!

Never really thought about Zillman as a centre... Could work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Never really thought about Zillman as a centre... Could work.
    zilly made some good last line of defense tackles against manly, eg josh perry.

Zilly is a fullback and needs to remain our fullback. I'd like to see him get more involved in attack, but then again our attack gas been missing lately due to errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Zilly is a fullback and needs to remain our fullback. I'd like to see him get more involved in attack, but then again our attack gas been missing lately due to errors.
    nope i prefer zilly on the bench and campbell our no.1 fullback, presto has earned it anyways.

presto is an better support player.
    read prince is getting pin out early this week, and they see how he goes.
    would love to see bird move to the back row, i think presto needs to be at 6, esp this game, if prince does play to take some of the ball playing roll pressure off him

gonna be a cracking game! Titans to win at home and take 2nd spot
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    If Jennings spells danger what does Pritchard spell??

He could run absolutely RIOT against the sort of defence that the Tomane / Mead flank has been dishing up.

I liked the idea that somebody else had of switching Bird over that side to shore it up a bit. He was nothing short of PHENOMENAL in defence against the Sea Eagles and with Mini and Toopi out there that edge was a vault. It will weaken a strength a little but I think in all we will be better with Bird running shotgun for Tomane who is struggling BIG TIME!!
    The main problem with Tomane is his reading. If Prince is back Presto goes out of the defensive line to fullback and Prince takes over and he will be on Tomane barking orders all night long The young lion will get the message

The Courier Mail today has Ash Harrison with a suspected broken hand. If this is the case and Prince comes back we might see Bird in the pack and the start of something beautiful. Let's hope Tomane and the rest of our right side defence can get things right this week. I'm fairly certain that Jennings has switched to the right this season but Purtell has been playing well on the left regardless. Our biggest concern from Monday night going into this week is the form of Zillman under the high-ball. He needs to be far more assertive if we are going to defuse the best attacking kicking team in the nrl.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    presto is an better support player.
    read prince is getting pin out early this week, and they see how he goes.
    would love to see bird move to the back row, i think presto needs to be at 6, esp this game, if prince does play to take some of the ball playing roll pressure off him
    He had the pin removed Tuesday & is training with the team this week & will be given till Friday to prove the hand is right to go
    #itaintweaktospeak

Prince no show at Titans training
    By Wayne Heming AAP Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:31:40

Scott Prince's chances of an early comeback from thumb surgery faded on Wednesday when he failed to train with the Gold Coast Titans ahead of their NRL showdown with an equally in-form Penrith at Skilled Park on Saturday.

Prince, who had a pin removed from his broken thumb on Tuesday, will have to train with the side on Friday morning to have any hope of playing.

The Titans had a solid session at Robina on the Gold Coast on Wednesday morning but Prince, the subject of speculation of an early comeback against the Panthers, did not run with the side.

He is still a chance to play given the pin was removed on Tuesday and there appeared to be no complications.

Prince suffered the hand injury against Canberra when he was the centre of salary cap allegations involving a free house, which has since been dismissed following an NRL investigation.

He was expected to be sidelined for six weeks with a return pencilled in for the round nine clash with Newcastle.

Given they have beaten both Melbourne and Manly in two of their four games without Prince they are not desperate to rush him back if the risk of re-injuring the thumb is too great.

Preston Campbell, who has done an outstanding job filling in at No.7, said this week he couldn't wait for his skipper to get back on the park.

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsart...g/default.aspx

Let's hope he's okay by Friday!

Junior Titan

I've been a Panthers fan since i started followin rugby league in 1985 at the age of 4, growing up on the Central Coast NSW we never had a team in the NSWRL competition, and as my Mum and Dad were both from the Blacktown and St Mary's I followed the same team my Dad played with and followed.

I moved up here to the Gold Coast in 2006 and became a Titans season ticketholder for their inaugural year and have been a Gold member ever since, I love rugby Leage and although I'll always a Panthers fan #1, I can't go and see them play every week, but I can see the Titans every home game.

If Prince plays and I really hope that he does it's going to be one hell of a game. 2 form teams playing for keeps, it's really going to be a hard decision who to take in the tipping comps as well as deciding which jersey to wear to the game.

In my honest opinion - this is definately Game of the Round!!

If you're not at the game, definately get to a pub/club or someones place with Fox Sports or you'll regret it