Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

This is from someone on the Cowboys forum:

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan View Post
    This is from someone on the Cowboys forum:

Cant view it unless u sign up and i dont really wanna haha

This is seriously one of the worst things to happen in Rugby League for a long long time. I can't think of many things that were worse. Super League was bad. This is very close to being as bad. The main problem is the fact that this act of cheating has affected 5 seasons of NRL. Every team, every fan, every player has been cheated in some shape or form over the past 5 years. The Dragons missed out on a GF spot in 2006. Parramatta missed out in 2007. Cronulla in 2008 and Brisbane in 2009. Add to that the 2007 and 2009 GF's and all the other occurances of teams being knocked out of the finals by the Storm. This is only the tip of the iceberg that the Storm have caused.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    This is seriously one of the worst things to happen in Rugby League for a long long time. I can't think of many things that were worse. Super League was bad. This is very close to being as bad. The main problem is the fact that this act of cheating has affected 5 seasons of NRL. Every team, every fan, every player has been cheated in some shape or form over the past 5 years. The Dragons missed out on a GF spot in 2006. Parramatta missed out in 2007. Cronulla in 2008 and Brisbane in 2009. Add to that the 2007 and 2009 GF's and all the other occurances of teams being knocked out of the finals by the Storm. This is only the tip of the iceberg that the Storm have caused.
    remember 08 when broncos lost in the last seconds to melbourne with a greg inglis try in the finals? and they probably caused some teams to miss out on the top 8

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    My biggest fear is that we could be next.

Last Sunday's Sunday Mail had the back page declaring 'Not over yet' in relation to the Prince - House deal.

I hope the admin team at our HQ is shredding all documents as fast as they can cos I would be gutted beyond belief if this happened to our team.
    i heard on NRL Tactics that Prince and the Gold Coast Titans have been cleared of any wrong-doing...

we have no premierships that can be stripped
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    i heard on NRL Tactics that Prince and the Gold Coast Titans have been cleared of any wrong-doing...

we have no premierships that can be stripped
    No, but we have plenty to play for this year. In my opinion the fact that they are playing for zero points all this year is a MUCH bigger and harsher penalty than the posthumous stripping of Premierships.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

At the end of the day there has been no house built so really wat have they done... NRL has cleared us twice so im sure we are fine...

we need to retain a salary cap or else we will have an annual auction of the best available players.the clubs with the largest purse or richest sponsors will dominate and the poorer clubs will wither due to lack of onfield success.
    the only way to allow the raising of the salary cap is to make the clubs more profitable. our membership numbers in comparison to afl are very poor. get on board , support your club financially and watch the game grow.

here are some new? ways to rort the salary cap.

buy an investment property in the name of xyz property trust. the small 2-3% return each year can be re- invested in maintenance. sell for a huge profit in ten years time after football career is over. build a big trophy cabinet.

put money into a scholarship fund in your wifes maiden name or your mothers maiden name. pay for private school fees for your children in ten years time when your career is over.

make charitable donations using a players name. the tax credits can be substantial.

gifts of furniture, jewellery, art pieces and basically any household item are untraceable.

load up grandad with a lazy $100k. make sure it is then bequeathed via a will.

etc
    etc.

The Titans\Prince situation is in no way even comparable to this.
    Someone has made an allegation that Prince had the intention to rort the cap, in circumstances that stink of extortion.
    There is zero evidence against Prince, and there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Prince had no intention to deal\build with that farkwit.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    No, but we have plenty to play for this year. In my opinion the fact that they are playing for zero points all this year is a MUCH bigger and harsher penalty than the posthumous stripping of Premierships.
    i know what you mean with playing for nothing is ridiculous and we dont want that at GCT. And really, you cant take a premiership from anyone, coz the players who worked their ass off in 2007 and 2009 know they deserved it, maybe they had a better team because of the breached salary cap, but they were still be best team, that cant be taken from them. Id like to know what would have been done if they hadn't been premiers in either of these seasons...
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Banned

foxsports said afl is looking to pick up the scraps of this salary cap disaster by trying to lure slater and others away, i would rather them in a coma

The only downside to these penalties is that Brisbane can't now win the spoon. Suck **** Melbourne.

OT I think this is hysterical.

Weathering the Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    OT I think this is hysterical.

Weathering the Storm
    that is absolutely hilarious... love it
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .