Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

the $1.7m That the storm won in prize money could that meen they go banktrupt

Junior Titan

we must be looking at this from a different angle & back to the olympics comparison............
    if for example a runner beats competitors in heats to advance to the finals, it's the same as the Storm playing nrl teams, winning and advancing to the finals.......then if they're stripped of a winning medal it goes to the next in line. it's got nothing to do with "what ifs".
    obviously there's no other Eels fans here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    the $1.7m That the storm won in prize money could that meen they go banktrupt
    News Limited own them so unlikely. Does News Ltd continue to want to own them? well then that is another story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by meter maid View Post
    we must be looking at this from a different angle & back to the olympics comparison............
    if for example a runner beats competitors in heats to advance to the finals, it's the same as the Storm playing nrl teams, winning and advancing to the finals.......then if they're stripped of a winning medal it goes to the next in line. it's got nothing to do with "what ifs".
    the eels wouldnt even want the premiership like that, i know i wouldnt

Incredibly sad day for rugby league and an absolute horrid day for the melbourne storm fans

Melbourne IMO will never live past the reputation as cheaters and liars
    Melbourne IMO will always be the most hated team in the comp (Other than the obvious team, the silvertails)
    Melbourne IMO are an embarrassment to the code of rugby league and representing our Nrl

In other thoughts, Manly and Parramatta do not deserve the premierships, as much as i want to say they should, we forget teams like cronulla (2008) and brisbane (2008) who were taken out of the competition in the finals due to melbourne. As you will probably see, if you were to give the premierships to manly and parramatta, the uproar from other clubs wont end!

With the players, we will probably see players like Greg Inglis back at brisbane. I have no idea where slater will go, maybe to england because i cant see many teams earning the money to be able to score billy?

Your thoughts?

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

so what about betting agencies?

lets say storm v cowboys next week.....are we able to bet on that game? will we ever be able to bet on or against storm? and what would the odds be? (a team with nothing to play for)

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Found a positive out of this. Steve turner is a premiershipless merkin. Who gets the last laugh now turncoat?

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Found a positive out of this. Steve turner is a premiershipless merkin. Who gets the last laugh now turncoat?
    hahahahahahahahaha takes breathe BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    god bless you for coming up with that

Quote Originally Posted by meter maid View Post
    Yeah their is.
    To be honest not only should we be awarded the 2009 premiership but the 2007 one as well! I mean we were beaten by Melbourne in the 2007 Preliminary final. So we should be counted as being in that one where we certainly would have beaten Manly.

Nah just kidding, the past is in the past and being retrospectivly being awarded premierships is kind of meaningless. A little hard to celebrate a few months after being beaten.

Junior Titan

I know..............it's not the way they'd (Eels) want a premiership, but hell...............they're sure making hard work of winning one!

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

What's the difference between a triangle and Melbourne Storm??
    A triangle has 3 points......

My biggest fear is that we could be next.

Last Sunday's Sunday Mail had the back page declaring 'Not over yet' in relation to the Prince - House deal.

I hope the admin team at our HQ is shredding all documents as fast as they can cos I would be gutted beyond belief if this happened to our team.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

I hope the admin team at our HQ is shredding all documents as fast as they can cos I would be gutted beyond belief if this happened to our team.
    This is the big problem with killing their season. They are punishing the team's fans, and the rest of the league's fans in my opinion for the actions of a handful of ethically challenged idiots running the club's books. I was looking forward to this season since we lost to the Eels last year. Now we have a sinking ship of a league and they're drilling more holes in it making the season 1/8 farce, and screwing up any hope of expansion outside the heartlands.

At most like a dozen or two people have committed this misdeed. I know how I'd feel if it was my club (which evidently is quite plausible). The storm members don't get any say in their clubs administration, News ltd run it, but the members and the fans are the real owners of any club, they didn't do these things and they're the ones to suffer most.

Take away everything that's been won in the past, but don't screw up the future, Gallop, who does that benefit? Not rugby league or rugby league fans. Not even a little.