Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

OMG MANLY FANS ARE A BUNCH OF WANKERS....Just arrived home from brookvale oval and omfg What a excellent nail bitting end to a game...After the match some manly fan was abusing us 12 titans fans and got warned by police and then finally arrested for refusing police orders haha....And having to listen to the bunch of manly fans next to us that kept shouting were off side(we must have been offside for 80 minutes by the way he was shouting out)...Syl,Glen and myself were the main southern legionaires and some follower(brother and friends),What an exciting match and i was so Glad we Got our first win of excistence in the nrl....
    Also The southern legion had two V.I.P's on hand to help with the titans,We had Greg Bird's Mum and sister...Cant wait to head to newcastle for the next southern legion with the newcastle knights

Toops played solid as a rock and hit like a mule in defence. Very good nrl return game for him.

Friend was just outstanding again

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Toops played solid as a rock and hit like a mule in defence. Very good nrl return game for him.

Friend was just outstanding again
    i dont know about you but i think toopi needs to stay in that centre position.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i dont know about you but i think toopi needs to stay in that centre position.
    Im with you, he is the clubs most experienced centre and knows when to run and when to give it on.

WOW.... thanks TAB for the $5.70 for a 1-12 win;.... much apreciated...

a great gutsy win by the boys to silence the critcs once again....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

unfortunately i was unable to watch what sounds like was a great game
    was out for dinner.

However i was keeping up to date with scores on my phone and saw Titans 22-12 down and thought bummer!

Checked my phone later on and asked myself "how much did we lose by"?

And in the car had a mini spaz attack when i saw the Titans had pulled off a great comeback!!! will be watching highlights sometime tonight.

Well done boys, great win against the odds.

GO TITANS!!!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    WOW.... thanks TAB for the $5.70 for a 1-12 win;.... much apreciated...

a great gutsy win by the boys to silence the critcs once again....
    good one mate, i bet 150 on sportsbet with manly 1.28 and gold coast 3.60

Had to tip Manly at Brooky but it was the best game. Tipped with my head but couldn't be happier about the win.
    I do get a bit sick of listening to commentators saying the Manly team lost it rather than Titans won.

maybe switch toopi and tomane around? rather tomane with bird? dnt know? nfi why carty had atkins on the bench, seem like an waste, player like walker would of been better, or even another forward as u can fit taga into the backline

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    maybe switch toopi and tomane around? rather tomane with bird? dnt know? nfi why carty had atkins on the bench, seem like an waste, player like walker would of been better, or even another forward as u can fit taga into the backline
    I actually feel Tomane is worried about Presto inside him and thats why he scoots out which is fair enough.

One thing that Prince does well in his game is read defence, he is actually a very good reader of the opposition game. I think the Titans defence will improve heaps when Prince comes back. Presto will go back to fullback and Titans will stroll into the grand final where they will meet the mighty Sea Eagles

u rkn? i can see zillman 1. preso 6. tbh
    bird is an gun, but aint really an ball player

Well done mighty Titans! This is a MASSIVE scalp! Another another big hoodoo buried. Winning at Brooky. It's not easy, not easy at all. Let alone with Prince!

I was pissed off I missed the game but was lucky until to catch most of the 2nd half. I'm now watching the recording...

This sends a big warning to the rest of the NRL, we just won without Prince and in Sydney!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gold Coast Titans down Manly 24-22 in NRL match at Brookvale Oval

Manly's second-half woes returned on Monday night when Gold Coast Titans halfback Preston Campbell inspired his side to a come-from-behind 24-22 victory at Brookvale Oval.

The Sea Eagles, who squandered winning positions against Wests Tigers and Parramatta in the opening two rounds of the season, relinquished a 22-12 lead with late tries from Campbell and Anthony Laffranchi coming in the space of five minutes.

The home side dominated for large spells of the contest, but they were unable to kill off the gallant Titans, who ended Manly's run of four successive victories.

Titans coach John Cartwright admitted his side had some luck on their side to win the game, but felt Manly were there for the taking late in the match.

"It was a game of luck I suppose, and it took a bit of luck for a number of tries, but I never thought we were out of it, and I thought they looked a bit lethargic after beating Melbourne last week,'' he said.

Cartwright was also full of praise for Campbell, who kept his nerve to kick the crucial conversion to complete a perfect night with the boot in addition to the match-turning try.

"He was amazing, you could get a camera and follow him the whole game and show it to kids learning the game and say 'that's how you play footy,''' Cartwright said.

Two tries from Steve Matai and impressive displays from young halves Kieran Foran and Trent Hodkinson saw the hosts dominate much of the match after going 6-0 down in the second minute.

The game burst to life from the very first set with the Titans taking the lead through Kevin Gordon in remarkable circumstances.

From the kick-off, Anthony Watmough put Manly in tremendous field position with a superb 50-metre run.

But just when the Sea Eagles looked set to score, Glenn Stewart spilled the ball and Gordon sprinted away to score after being released by Greg Bird.

Manly hit back on seven minutes when halfback Hodkinson reacted quickest to touch the ball down after Foran's high kick was knocked back into his path by Watmough.

Hodkinson turned provider to set up the Sea Eagles' second try, as the Titans once again failed to deal with the high ball.

William Zillman folded under pressure from a sea of Manly bodies, and Steve Matai barged his way over.

The hosts ran in their third try on the 27th minute when fullback Ben Farrar raced through a huge gap on the left-hand side of the Titans' defence.

But vocal home crowd was silenced five minutes before the break when Foran's poor kick deep inside Gold Coast territory deflected into the hands of Campbell, who set up Gordon for his second try and a 16-12 deficit at the break.

The Titans started the second half stronger, but a well-worked try scored by Matai extended Manly's lead and looked to have knocked the stuffing out of the visitors.

However, a risky pass from Titans hooker Nathan Friend found Campbell, who danced through to score under the posts in the 70th minute to give his side hope at 22-18.

And with six minutes remaining, Laffranchi, who'd been put on report in the first-half for a high tackle on Matt Ballin, barged over in the far right corner with Campbell's pressure conversion sealing the win.

Manly coach Des Hasler said he had no problems with a late decision from referee Paul Holland to rule that Farrar lost the ball, when it looked as if it had been stripped from his grasp by Friend.

The decision set the platform for the match-winning try, but Hasler agreed the decision was the right one.

"It was lost, but they didn't get into the game until the 73rd minute and they won the game,'' Hasler said.

"It was a game we should never have let go, we had plenty of opportunity and plenty of possession."

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I've been away too long from here because of school commitments, but now I've just watched the game!!!

FRIEND TO PRESTO was a thing of beauty. Best pass of all time!!!!

What a comeback and I won 15 bucks off my Manly friend!!!
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

what a great win, the defence was brilliant and i think it won us the game although tomane will need to improve, one thing i must say about the titans they are one fit team after all they made 150 tackels in the first half and still had fuel in the tank for the second half great win