Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

You little ripper. Won it in the forwards, with a bit Friendy magic. What did you think of that Teke
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

As quite a few of us said some time back, we had to pay Friend whatever he wanted to keep him. I can't believe there was ever a chance of letting him go. He is the heart and soul of this team and I wouldn't swap him for any hooker in the comp. Smith included.

Great second half by the Titans!

Presto or Friend have to be Dally M contenders this year. Presto, tries, try assists, kick chases, 4/4 as 3rd string kicker. I wish he was a Queenslander, we would have appreciated the greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    As quite a few of us said some time back, we had to pay Friend whatever he wanted to keep him. I can't believe there was ever a chance of letting him go. He is the heart and soul of this team and I wouldn't swap him for any hooker in the comp. Smith included.
    Friend has to be the fittest player in the league, built for Origin, but let them take Ballin or Payne if they need a hooker, I don't want Friend missing for one game this year.

awesome effort defensively...except tomane...whats the go there it seems everyones attacking his side..is he a liability? i didnt see atkins do anything when he replaced him but its def a worry for us on that side defensively

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Presto or Friend have to be Dally M contenders this year. Presto, tries, try assists, kick chases, 4/4 as 3rd string kicker. I wish he was a Queenslander, we would have appreciated the greatness.
    Agree with you on Friend, but that is the first time Campbell has stood up this year IMO.

Friend has to be the fittest player in the league, built for Origin, but let them take Ballin or Payne if they need a hooker, I don't want Friend missing for one game this year.
    Agreed, he is irreplaceable and we don't want him to play origin, but he deserves it more than the other hookers you mentioned.
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Agree with you on Friend, but that is the first time Campbell has stood up this year IMO.
    I reckon he was the difference in the Warriors game. He doesn't always play great from pillar to post, but he brings the big plays, the match turners, the intangibles that win football games.

Banned

yeheww just won $590 on tipping titans, that game gave me heaps of nerves and i thought CLINTON TOOPI had a terrific game and he needs to stay in this side plus tomane and mead's side needs to improve greatly since 3/4 tries were on that side and anthony quinn got a hat trick on that side 2 weeks ago, also i think if this is the titans for 2010 then we are back to our offensive and mostly defensive best.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Tomane is the difference in this game he's not up to it, in the 1st half anyway so let's hope he learns how to tackle & catch the ball
    I don't think it is matter matter of him learning how to tackle, I think it is more he needs to learn how to read in defense.

I don't think it is matter matter of him learning how to tackle, I think it is more he needs to learn how to read in defense.
    BINGO......

I reckon he was the difference in the Warriors game. He doesn't always play great from pillar to post, but he brings the big plays, the match turners, the intangibles that win football games.
    Ah, yep forgot about the round 1 clash, he did have a good game then as well.

You little ripper. Won it in the forwards, with a bit Friendy magic. What did you think of that Teke
    I feel fine, the Sea Eagles lost it more than the Titans won it. Its good to see them kick the Brooky hoodoo.

Not one commentator knows how the Titans won it

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    felt safe as when they went gordon's side, but every time they went to mead omg, heart race'd
    You are serious arent you?

You cannot possibly blame the tries on Mead when you have a bloke (Tomane) who was hooked from the field for bad defence. He was woeful again tonight is becoming a huge burden for the team, he constantly scooted up and in and the gaps he left you could drive trains through. The only thing that might save him is that the Titans won.

QLD Cup Titan

Well tomane was taken off so obviously Carty is concerned with the defence of Tomane.
    Great game to watch - as usual my heart was beating a mile a minute by the end of it but great to get a win away and actually see the boys play well. Still lots of missed tackles but I thought much better in defence this week and holding onto the ball and completing sets. Bring on the panthers next week!