Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smithers12345 View Post
    when do you think youngster Shannon walker will play for the titans in 2010?
    Providing Shannon is in form at the time, it would probably take at least 2 injuries between Campbell, Zillman, Mead & Gordon before a spot would open up. He might get a bench spot before then though - alot of "if's" so who knows??????
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eelectrica View Post
    Titans were very flat the week after facing Melbourne. Let's hope Manly are just as flat next Monday.

If the Titans can play Manly like they did the 2nd half against Melbourne they can win. We know they have it in them, just have to produce.

Keep it close in the first half and get them in the 2nd. For some reason Manly haven't been having great 2nds halves and for the most part the Titans have been a 2nd half team this year.
    don't quote me on this but i think theres a stat saying teams winning after monday night have poor records the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    don't quote me on this but i think theres a stat saying teams winning after monday night have poor records the following week.
    that is usually because of the short turnaround....only manly are playing monday night two weeks in a row this time.....

i was down at brookvale (land of the dogs) last year when we got dusted up and it wasnt a pretty sight.....hopefully we bounce back after the terrible loss last week

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Can anyone tell me when the titans arrive in sydney on the weekend presuming there flying jetstar...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    that is usually because of the short turnaround....only manly are playing monday night two weeks in a row this time.....

i was down at brookvale (land of the dogs) last year when we got dusted up and it wasnt a pretty sight.....hopefully we bounce back after the terrible loss last week
    me real concern is the forwards and also tony williams, btw i know this is off topic but does any1 still paint themselves blue at titans game.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    Can anyone tell me when the titans arrive in sydney on the weekend presuming there flying jetstar...
    They fly into Sydney on Sunday morning
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    SUN, Apr 25 ? 9.30am arrive Gold Coast airport for departure on JQ407.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

oh ok, i watched him play in 2007 and he sure has the pace to play 1st grade, he hasn't really been given the chance to prove himself in 1st grade but i hope to see him come into the team sooner or later

unfortunately, im not too confident about this one. the loss of Prince is killing us.

Manly by 13+
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    unfortunately, im not too confident about this one. the loss of Prince is killing us.

Manly by 13+
    sigh we can only hope, manly have the best forward pack in the nrl

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

titans by 6

Default Titans prepare to storm Brookvale

TITANS hardman Michael Henderson is expecting nothing short of an all-out forwards war when the Gold Coast invade Manly's Brookvale Oval fortress on Monday.

The Titans playing group turned on each other during a brutal training session at Robina yesterday, with tough guys Bodene Thompson and Greg Bird casualties as coach John Cartwright put his troops through a series of full-contact defensive drills.

The club is looking to bounce back from a disappointing loss to the Dragons, while the Sea Eagles are fresh from literally belting Melbourne into submission.

Cartwright said the physical session was designed to prepare his players for a torrid encounter with the form side of the competition.

"They are a tough side to handle if they turn up with that same intensity," said Cartwright.

"We have got to make sure we go down there and are ready to match that. There's a couple of areas that we needed to address.

"You never tell them to go at full tilt but today they did.

"We try and make everything competitive, you do that and you generally find it brings the best out in them.

"Nobody likes getting beaten in a game or against each other."

Bird was simply felled for a couple minutes thanks to a mistimed hit by utility Luke O'Dwyer, who this week returned to full-contact training following knee surgery last year.

But there is a slight concern over young prop Thompson, who was seen nursing a shoulder injury.

Thompson is scheduled to return from a three-week suspension this Saturday for Burleigh in the Queensland Cup.

Titans front-rower Henderson, who was a standout in last week's dour clash against St George Illawarra, predicted Manly would try to muscle them out of the game like they did to Melbourne last Monday.

"Manly were very clinical in the first half, they just bashed them out of it," said Henderson.

"Manly did all the damage in the first half and I guess they will be looking to do the same to us.

"We just have to put our bodies on the line, get numbers in the tackle and control the middle of the ruck. If they get quick play the balls and stop us from going forward, we are going to be no hope."

Henderson said the Titans forwards would carry even more responsibility into the match, with centre Mat Rogers joining skipper Scott Prince in the injury ward.

"We have just had to simplify the way we play," he said. "Because those guys are such influential players, we have to simplify everything to make everyone's job easier.

"We want them in the side, but it probably helps to miss some key players at certain stages because it could happen at the important time of the year.

"But it doesn't matter who your halves are, if your forwards aren't going forward you are not going to control the game anyway."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

Default Manly test of Titans' road form

IT was the place where the Titans' stunning slide out of premiership contention started last year.

But the return to Brookvale Oval holds no fears for the Gold Coast as they attempt to smash one of their last hoodoos.

The Titans have never won at Brookvale Oval, falling well short in all three previous attempts.

Aside from road trips to Melbourne and Canberra, the Titans suffered their heaviest loss against the Sea Eagles in the final round of last year, a 38-4 drubbing that robbed the club of any momentum heading into their maiden finals campaign.

After going down to Manly, the Titans tumbled out of the play-offs in straight sets with a 40-32 loss to Brisbane and a 27-2 pummelling at the hands of eventual grand finalists Parramatta.

"We got dusted last year," said Titans prop Michael Henderson.

"They are tough at Brookvale, but that is just another obstacle.

"The past is the past and we just have to look forward."

The clashes between the Titans and Manly have developed into one of the young club's fiercest rivalries.

The drama between the two club stems back to when coach John Cartwright was fined $5000 for confronting the video referee the first time the two sides met in 2007.

In 2008 Titans hooker Nathan Friend's season ended in suspension, after punching Sea Eagles prop Josh Perry in the face in reaction to an off-the-ball shot on teammate Daniel Conn.

The gutsy rake backed it up last year by branding the then defending premiers '****y', 'arrogant' and 'disrespectful' in the lead-up to their Round 11 clash at Skilled Park.

But that match was also not without drama, as the Coast nabbed an 18-17 win thanks to a controversial penalty that left Sea Eagles boss Des Hasler fuming.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

if it was at Skilled Park, i'd be a lot more confident!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Banned

Brookevale sends shivers down my spine when i comes to the titans, i think the closest game we had was sea eagles 26-10 in 07