Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    Banned

also we need more second phase play like the warriors and the eels at the back of last year, good offloads tire and confuse the opposition and the warriors always create opportunities this way.

I think Presto could become the best impact player in the comp coming off the bench in the 30th odd minute of a 1st half with a licence to wreak havoc.

As for his defence, he is a lot better up in the line than he is at fullback. The last thing in the world I want is to sound critical of Presto - he is a genius - but RL is a 17 man game these days and at the moment, or when we have Zillman on the bench, we do not get full use of our bench.

The other thing in this that has not been mentioned yet is the boost that Zillman's confidence would get by being named 1st choice fullback. I really believe he would go to another level just with the feeling that he was the 1st choice custodian.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I think Presto could become the best impact player in the comp coming off the bench in the 30th odd minute of a 1st half with a licence to wreak havoc.
    Agree again. Prestos impact off the bench would be great. Im sure the coaching staff know this aswell. I think its only a matter of time.

Zillman, Mead, Toopi/Tonga, Tomane, Gordon, Rogers, Prince/PC with Bird at lock would do me fine.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't shuffle things around for shuffling sake but if anyone thinks that our poor starts aren't due to poor handling an ill-discipline then they're off this planet. Our worst performer in that area should be benched and another option found. I also think everyone wants
    to see Kevin Gordon and David Mead or tomane in space. Our current backline set-up isn't providing that, hence the call for a different 5/8, the person in charge of lighting up the backline. Bird is a lock and provides the second phase play on the fringes that most here are calling for. He doesn't provide the cut-out passes or kicking game that free up our centres and wingers. I don't even think zillman at fullback helps in this way. Maybe it is tactical why we don't have these things happen but why wouldn't a coach want his quickest players in open space? We need a better 5/8 and we need to not be handing the first 20 mins of every game to our opposition.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Hahaha. You know what changed my mind?

During the World Cup I got a RLWC08 SportsEar for $23.00. Cause there was like 70% off RLWC merch. I went back the next week and the sign changed to 70% off RLWC apparel.

Moral of the story is, I'm cheap.

I love the ABC radio coverage though.

Having issues with mine this year....
    Cant hear it at all.. had to switch to the ABC.. not sure whether it was my unit or the ground transmission wasnt cranked up enough... must be just mine.. couple of years old.. so cant take back for warranty !!

I had issues with my reception in Section 30 early last year, it has since cleared up. So maybe try it in other areas of the stadium.

Funny SportsEar story. I was walking through Sydney CBD after the SOuths v Titans game. I was bored and my phone was flat. So I used my SportsEar.

I switched it on and it was on the ref's frequency and I immediately heard someone speaking in Arabic!! I thought I found Osama!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER