Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    man, bird played so much better out wide, he has to much pressure being an number 6, slot him into the back row, n move rogers to 5/8 while prince is out, then move campbell there and rogers back to centre
    toopi prob for other centre spot, or mabe just put taga there
    Why change a winning team?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

To be honest I've considered a few options like having bird play in the centres outside Rogers or putting toopi in on the right side moving tomane out to the wing and mead to the bench (good impact from there). The only changes I reckon we should make though is bringing toopi in moving Rogers to five-eighth and playing bird in the backrow an having mini come off the bench. Mini's hands and ill-discipline are costing us early in every game. I think we need Rogers as a foil for campbell while prince is out. Bird can almost play his exact same game from lock or 2nd row as he can from 5/8. Bench of taga, mini, Thompson and Henderson/meyers looks awesome to me. White is playing alright but not as good as these other blokes. I was going nuts at the tele during the first half when mini started us off badly and a few others joined in, thank God for our second half, it was awesome and I can't wait to hammer the dragons next week. Wish I could be there.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

We've struggled in the 5/8 position since we've started and Birds the best 5/8 the Titans ever had...opposition 5/8's are scared of him, please don't move him out of there.

Preston is good enough to play anywhere in our backline and has filled in where we need him...I'm happy he's half while Prince is out.

If Bird gets injured...I rather see Preston at 5/8 and Rogers stay centre.

I think this forum is the only place in the world where people could seriously consider putting Toopi into our current backline.

He is average.

If he ever makes the Titans side it will mean that we are in serious trouble with injuries and/or suspensions. There are atleast 5 better options than having him anywhere near our top 17.

As for Bird, most of what people are saying about moving him does not make sense. We all agree that we have to improve and Bird has been improving out of sight every game, apart from a small hiccup against the Cowgirls when we were all flat. Compare Rd 1 v Warriors to last Friday - you could be excused for thinking it was a different player.

If this forum picked the team we would have a different 17 every week and no continuity whatsoever.

Carty does have 1 VERY difficult decision looming and that is what to do with Campbell/Zillman once Prince is fit again. I will leave it to him but it is something he is going to have to get right and it is not a problem he has had to face in his time as a 1st grade coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    We've struggled in the 5/8 position since we've started and Birds the best 5/8 the Titans ever had...opposition 5/8's are scared of him, please don't move him out of there.

Preston is good enough to play anywhere in our backline and has filled in where we need him...I'm happy he's half while Prince is out.

If Bird gets injured...I rather see Preston at 5/8 and Rogers stay centre.
    Well said Chaos & Tamwelg
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Carty does have 1 VERY difficult decision looming and that is what to do with Campbell/Zillman once Prince is fit again. I will leave it to him but it is something he is going to have to get right and it is not a problem he has had to face in his time as a 1st grade coach.
    This will be Carty's toughest selection choice of his coaching career & i think Zillman has earned the right to own the no1 Jersey
    #itaintweaktospeak

Im all for keeping the current team. I think its spot on. Im on the Bird for #13 bandwagon, but Im fine to leave him there long term. Im certainly not on his case.

The Presto/Zillman conumderum is the big issue for me.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This will be Carty's toughest selection choice of his coaching career & i think Zillman has earned the right to own the no1 Jersey
    You've got my vote on that one
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

No side is injury free during the whole year and Titans will have there fair share of injuries in the backs line...Preston is the only bloke that can play anywhere in the backline...he's first choice on the paddock but doesn't need a stable position week to week.

Banned

so what? campbell to bench or 5/8? i cant see campbell on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    so what? campbell to bench or 5/8? i cant see campbell on the bench
    Thats exactly what i think should happen....when the opposition starts to get tired u send Presto on to replace anybody & he can rove around the ruck to cause havoc & this will add Longevity to his career

Zillman is finally showing how good a fullback he is & we need the best no1 on the park week in week out ......
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

Thats exactly what i think should happen....when the opposition starts to get tired u send Presto on to replace anybody & he can rove around the ruck to cause havoc & this will add Longevity to his career

Zillman is finally showing how good a fullback he is & we need the best no1 on the park week in week out ......
    i suppose but campbell is a Terrific tackler and is really good for the last line of defense.

well i fink once prince is back, and zillman is still playing good footy
    i think u see bird move to the back row for presto

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    I think this forum is the only place in the world where people could seriously consider putting Toopi into our current backline.

He is average.

If he ever makes the Titans side it will mean that we are in serious trouble with injuries and/or suspensions. There are atleast 5 better options than having him anywhere near our top 17.
    Agreed.

Toopi is struggling to come up to Qld Cup pace. If he ever makes the top squad it will be because of injuries. Without injuries Clinton will never make the top squad. Tomane is doing a good job at right centre as is Rogers, however these 2 need to look outside more as there have been chances to move it onto the 2 best open field runners in the team ie. the wingers.

Mead and Gordon have not had any ball on the run this year and this is a fact. The team is solid atm so i wouldnt be changing anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Agreed.

Toopi is struggling to come up to Qld Cup pace. If he ever makes the top squad it will be because of injuries. Without injuries Clinton will never make the top squad. Tomane is doing a good job at right centre as is Rogers, however these 2 need to look outside more as there have been chances to move it onto the 2 best open field runners in the team ie. the wingers.

Mead and Gordon have not had any ball on the run this year and this is a fact. The team is solid atm so i wouldnt be changing anything.
    YESS! you see the warriors,manly,tigers and other teams move the ball out in all parts of the field and early, the backs shouldn't only get the ball from scooting from dummy half or 0-20 meters out from the opposing line. I want to see rogers,zillman,campbell,tomane,mead and gordan in space frequently like last year. like they say no risk no reward(not really a risk though)