Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

This victory is more important than it seems. The message to all other teams is that Skilled park is truly a fortress. We can beat the Storm, we can beat every team. The bookies might have us as favourites against St George now.

What a win!!!!!

Hahahah I was in the middle of Melbourne last night wearing all Titans gear and completely outnumbered at the pub 150 to 1. They started chanting "storm, storm" at halftime, the whole pub even the bartenders had a shot at me. I held firm, drank alot!! and by fulltime i stood right in front of the big screen, just giving it to them.

To there credit almost all, shook my hand on there way out, but by that stage i was full of drink and not holding back. hahah

Great stuff and i wish i was there, Brooke took my younger sister there in my place, and she loved it.

How i didnt get stabbed last night is a miracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Hahaha Coaster! Behind enemy lines! Sounds like you had a great night as well. I can picture it vividly.

We made sure Zillman talked to em. Glad you survived!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

YESSSS! I stayed up till 3 am waiting for the video to download to my computer and I have FINALLY seen this epicness!

What a game! The boys showed true grit in coming back from 12 down to win it.

Zillman, what can you say? Solid as a rock back there.
    Friend was his usual great self.
    Matty Rogers, AMAZING!

Oh, and GREAT JOB TITANS FANS/LEGION! You guys packed the place and it was very impressive to watch. The crowd got loud and I think affected the game. The Storm were dying due to lack of energy and the Titans just kept pressing!

What a feeling!
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Banned

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    LOL................

tehehehehe

Video Ref behind nit-picking penalty

ONE second. That's all it took for controversial video referee Steve Clark to return to the spotlight as the first official in 137 games to order a penalty for "time wasting".

Clark has been fingered as the man responsible for a penalty against Melbourne's Cameron Smith for taking too long to take a line drop-out against Gold Coast. It was the first time the call has been made since Penrith's Jarrod Sammut was penalised against Canberra in Round 8 last year.

It was video referee Clark who advised whistle-blower Ben Cummins to penalise Smith for time wasting on Friday night.

The 65th-minute penalty led to Titans five-eighth Greg Bird scoring from the next set.

Under NRL rules, a player has 40 seconds to complete a line drop-out and the player taking the kick is given a 10-second warning.

According to Channel Nine commentators, who checked game video, Smith took 38 seconds to take the kick.

While fans have slammed the decision as nit-picking and over the top, referees boss Robert Finch said Clark was well within his rights to penalise Smith.

"We've penalised it before and it's been accepted by all the major stakeholders, including the coaches, for the last two years," Finch said. "It was put into place to stop time wasting on line drop-outs."

Told of Nine's claims during the coverage that Smith still had two seconds remaining to take the kick, Finch refuted it.

"I'm pretty confident it's not (38) because the video referee starts the clock as soon as the referee makes the decision, so I'm fairly comfortable that we're not going to be blowing a penalty at 38 seconds.

"The video referee had a stopwatch on it. Every video referee has a stopwatch on every goal-line drop-out."

League legend and Nine commentator Andrew Johns weighed into the debate yesterday, suggesting Smith may have played a role in the controversy.

"I was aware of the rule because I've heard the 10-second warning call from refs in a couple of previous games this season," Johns said.

"Whether they got the time wrong. I'm not too sure. We got a message during the call from our truck that it was only 38 seconds. But I ran into Steve Clark at the airport on the way back to Sydney and he was adamant the time had elapsed.

"I think Cameron [Smith] was playing with his socks or doing his shoelace up, so it might have been a case of him giving his players as big a breather as he could. They were under the pump at the time."

Titans coach John Cartwright said: "You could hear the ref give a 10-second warning through the Sports Ears."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

good old sports ears shame mine ran out of batterys

This was my first game with sports ears. I don't think I'll be able to go back to not using them.

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    This was my first game with sports ears. I don't think I'll be able to go back to not using them.
    I wore them for the 1st time at the 1999 Grand Final & i have used them ever since
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    I totally agree mate. I love Sports Ears.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I totally agree mate. I love Sports Ears.
    31-03-07, 09:52 PM

DIEHARD
    Administrator

Membership: LEGION

I think radio suffices for me. I'm interested in people's opinion on Sports Ear though.

Glad to see u changed your mind mate

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I wore them for the 1st time at the 1999 Grand Final & i have used them ever since
    I got mine fathers day last year and also wear the religously. Being the gen 2 ears I've got the option to have ref in one ear and comentators in the other, which is how I use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    31-03-07, 09:52 PM

DIEHARD
    Administrator

Membership: LEGION

I think radio suffices for me. I'm interested in people's opinion on Sports Ear though.

Glad to see u changed your mind mate

During the World Cup I got a RLWC08 SportsEar for $23.00. Cause there was like 70% off RLWC merch. I went back the next week and the sign changed to 70% off RLWC apparel.

Moral of the story is, I'm cheap.

I love the ABC radio coverage though.

man, bird played so much better out wide, he has to much pressure being an number 6, slot him into the back row, n move rogers to 5/8 while prince is out, then move campbell there and rogers back to centre
    toopi prob for other centre spot, or mabe just put taga there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    man, bird played so much better out wide, he has to much pressure being an number 6, slot him into the back row, n move rogers to 5/8 while prince is out, then move campbell there and rogers back to centre
    toopi prob for other centre spot, or mabe just put taga there
    leave bird at 6 for the time being, we need him to drop soward,hornby, hodgkinson and foran in the next few weeks.