Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 5: Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Friday April 9 2010 - 7:30pm - Skilled Park
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Time to look ahead to this epic game this Friday!

Cronk, Slater, Inglis and Slater and let's not forget Finchy as well are coming our way. And we have a lot of work ahead of us.

We really missed Laffranchi, alot more than I realised. And Im sure Preston wont have two poor games in a row. But there was no stand outs and so many below par efforts. Everyone needs to lift across the board.

Also the home ground advantage will be a factor. So make sure you get to Skilled Park and remind them that "THIS IS OUR HOUSE!" as Daveyk and Coaster often yell.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

The boys will play alot better this week im sure of it.

I will be heading to this game as there is nothing better than hurling abuse at the scum Storm.

Banned

i have to get to this game defiantely if it doesn't get sold out, i dont know who can contain blair,inglis,slater and cronk though.

I don't like Blair, he is a grubby player.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I don't like Blair, he is a grubby player.
    Any bloke wearing the Storm jersey is a master grub.

I think the Legion can get under Slaters skin, actually Im daring you guys to

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I think the Legion can get under Slaters skin, actually Im daring you guys to
    We accept the challenge. We'll be on him all night jeering him.

Banned

if im there ill be giving anthony quinn hell because to me he is a little ****

Hopefully we get heaps of penalties outta them.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Time to look ahead to this epic game this Friday!

Cronk, Slater, Inglis and Slater and let's not forget Finchy as well are coming our way. And we have a lot of work ahead of us.

Also the home ground advantage will be a factor. So make sure you get to Skilled Park and remind them that "THIS IS OUR HOUSE!" as Daveyk and Coaster often yell.
    And it will be the 1st time for those players aswell to play agaist us.

And thats my saying i think i might hav to copyright it...

Banned

i hope we can get our attack like the wests tigers and our defense like the dragons/storm.

We accept the challenge. We'll be on him all night jeering him.
    I will be on him aswell but i feel a bit shamed sometimes giving it to players when families with young children are about.

I might need to start thinking about become a legion member

Let's hope the boys can take something out of the loss to the cowboys and can aim up big against the leagues benchmark team. At least minichiellos hands will be better at home and I'm sure the axe will have our right sides defence sorted. It will be interesting to see if carty makes any changes as he has been loathe to do so in our short history. We have been poor in attack most of the season and that leads to additional pressure on our defence. If we can get that last pass, kick or catch to stick then we have a good chance. If we continue to give the opposition open invitations to our try lines then the nexttwo weeks will be torturous.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I will be on him aswell but i feel a bit shamed sometimes giving it to players when families with young children are about.

I might need to start thinking about become a legion member
    Love to have you mate, you can join our brain's trust of match analysts.

But nothing wrong with bagging a player. Just do it passionately and creatively and I find the best sledges are confusing and creative.

No Prince is no excuse for loss

JOHN Cartwright said none of the blame for the Gold Coast Titans loss to the Cowboys on Saturday night could be put down to the loss of Scott Prince.

Despite bursting out of the blocks and scoring the first try of the match through Mark Minichiello, some Johnathan Thurston brilliance, a hat-trick to centre Willie Tonga and poor ball control brought about their downfall as the Cowboys hung in for a 32-18 victory.

With Preston Campbell shifting to halfback to cover the loss of their skipper, who is expected to remain on the sidelines for up to five weeks with a broken thumb, Cartwright said his makeshift playmaker was still among their best in Townsville.

But as they found out, making 16 errors and completing just 24 of 38 sets in possession makes it very tough to win football games.

"We just gave him nothing to work with," said Cartwright of Campbell. "We were constantly dropping the ball and playing catch up but I truly believe we did enough to win the game."

Despite suffering their first loss of the season, Cartwright was full of praise saying their commitment and effort could never be questioned.

With backrower Minichiello bagging a double and Sam Tagataese scoring for the Titans, they could easily have scored three more with some desperate Cowboys defence and poor decision-making proving their downfall.

Thurston produced a crucial ankle tap on Joseph Tomane in the eighth minute after he brushed aside several defenders and set off down the right flank while fullback William Zillman made a great bust in the 24th minute before chipping straight into the hands of Cowboys fullback Shannon Gallant.

"They (the Cowboys) had a heap of possession in the second half and we really defended like our life depended on it," said Cartwright.

"Willie Tonga and Thurston were standouts, but we just gave them too much ball down our end.

"With the small number of chances we had we still scored 18 points, and at a pinch could have scored another three tries at least.

"There was an ankle tap and Zilly would probably like to have his time again."

With Melbourne their next task, Cartwright said the Titans would be fired for a better performance.

"We will be back at home, we won't lack any motivation playing the leaders," he said.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au