Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I think the worst thing about this game is that we went to the wingers a lot and didn't win. It's something we have all been calling for and, because it didn't work, we are probably not likely to try again.

We lacked field position as well. So can't expect our wingers to make up for that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Thats footy i guess.

We have bigger fish to fry this year, winning against the Drongos would have been nice, but not the end of the world.

Good to see another Gold Coaster in Ben Teo get man of the match, another poached from the never ending check book that is a News Limited team.

If we get one or two bad calls and lose im usually furious, the amount of bad calls against us last night made the game almost comical, it destroyed what could have been a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    We lacked field position as well. So can't expect our wingers to make up for that.
    I know, I didn't expect the wingers to win it for us. I was more thinking that it was great to see the wingers get ball. Whenever they were passed the ball they looked dangerous. It seemed like that was part of the game plan and that I hope it doesn't stop just because it didn't pay off for that game.

I agree with you Amaline, it is one of our most deadly weapons. If luck was with us, we would have been in the game or even won.

We didnt deserve to, but that is what strike players do.... turn a game on its head.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I agree with you Amaline, it is one of our most deadly weapons. If luck was with us, we would have been in the game or even won.

We didnt deserve to, but that is what strike players do.... turn a game on its head.
    I think a couple of things go our way and it's a different game. The strip on Tomane, Gordon dropping the intercept and Mead just getting ankle tapped by Wallace. I think there is a lot to take from that game. Just a shame that it's the bye next week and we have to wait 2 weeks to turn it around against the Roosters.

Yea luckily Premierships arent won or loss in May... And we get another shot at the Broncos, this time at home later in the year.

We will bounce back from this. It seems like there was no change in attitude from after the Knights game until kick off against the Broncos and it cost us dearly.

I agree with what Doug said about us maybe not being able to handle the big games and we get stage fright. Unfortunately it's hard to institute a media ban when we have a game to promote for the good of the game.

QLD Cup Titan

I think media ban for Princey - no late nights on the footy show before a friday night game - twice now and he hasn't had a good game after either

some rather ugly behaviour from a handful of people in the supporters bay on Friday night....you know who you are....

Sorry to hear that Greg81. We all need to show character in defeat.. It's bloody hard but we wanna show our best side to Other teams and more importantly fellow Titans fans. Luckily I didn't see any of that and just saw alot of good sportsmanship in defeat. Even if we had to grit our teeth. We stuck around at the stadium. Full credit to Anthony Laffranchi who came over and applauded the fans for their support. We them went to the Caxton and then the city.

Besides the result. It was a great night.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg81 View Post
    some rather ugly behaviour from a handful of people in the supporters bay on Friday night....you know who you are....

Some girls shouldn't drink
    #itaintweaktospeak

Banned

tbh i have only enjoyed one of our games this year, that was against manly, the rest have been eithier boring or lacklustre, eg cowboys,dragons,broncos,rabbitohs.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    tbh i have only enjoyed one of our games this year, that was against manly, the rest have been eithier boring or lacklustre, eg cowboys,dragons,broncos,rabbitohs.
    What about the games against Penrith and Melbourne?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by amaline View Post
    What about the games against Penrith and Melbourne?
    they were alright, last year we played exciting and awesome same with 07 and 08

Games against Penith, Melbourne and Raiders were good. We are still in 3rs gear though.

At least we have a timely BYE this weekend. Let's hope an attitude change comes out of it.

Maybe some luck as well. We have the Raiders coming up in Canberra which will be a hard game. You'd think we should have won it before the game last year. But got thumped.

Well with the Titans off this weekend. We can focus on Origin. The teams are out tomorrow.