Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by jimbeam06 View Post
    Why do we play **** against the broncos Why Why
    I know VERY frustrating. ONe team I ALWAYS want them to beat is the broncos and we were very average in all areas. Preston was certainly not having a great game but we just looked flat all over the park for most of it. Hoping the bye is just what we need to kick start our defence again back to what it was. We need to get some GOOD wins under our belt - that zero on our for and against is not looking so good right now.
    Hoping for a big improvement when we face the chooks!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Great supporter u are, tell u what u stick with the Southpark Tigers
    heat of the moment. don't take everything so personal. but that doesnt mean that i thought we played good at all, especially the try tomane butchered that destroyed any hope we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide Titan View Post
    lets beat these scum!!!

Titans are in some great form, need to patch up our defence though for this game coz Brisbane are capable of scoring lots of points.

Titans by 4
    LOL, too bad, outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    At the same time I don't think we have too much to worry about...

The Broncos team taking the field this year literally looks like a bunch of donkeys! If we thought we had problems in our defence you just need to look at their back five and sympathise with them.
    start worrying, its a long way to september

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Yea... but they smashed a Smithless Storm... still a team better on paper. Cronk, Slater, Inglis... A Smithless Storm is like a Fittlerless Roosters or a Johnless Knights.

But a Princeless Titans means wins over Manly and Melbourne!

I just want this win so badly. It's time for revenge over the Broncos for last year. We can beat em and send them on their way towards a downward spiral and into the Origin period.
    upward spiral, now, lol

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    When it comes to Folau - BIRD IS THE WORD!!

His defence is outstanding and even yesterday when we were tackling like turnstiles he still aimed up and got the job done. Carty should just tell him to shadow Folau and hit him HARD whenever he even looks like getting the ball.

There are 2 reasons why I reckon Sunday's result in Melbourne was fantastic for us:
    1. It should ensure an extra 5 or 10 thousand through the gate with the positive feelings for the team.
    2. The young kids will go into the game over confident and ripe for the picking - we all saw what happened when they went to Canberra after their big win over the Cowboys...

Super confident for this one. A win in this will put us 5 wins ahead of Brisbane and absolutely cement a ladder top position coming out of the bye.
    why the bigger crowd would be a plus for the titans, i'll never kniow

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    Broncos will field their strongest side this year.
    Not only do there get three of their big names back, in Wallace, Kenny and Winterstien...they also bring Gillette back on the bench...I got wraps on this guy.

I reckon we get up in Folau's face and hit Lockyer's runners...leave Lockyer with the ball...he likes to pass in his old age and wont run far with ball in hand...I'd doubt weather he'll run near Bird at all.

This is one big weekend of Rugby League!
    lol, lockyer man of the match, not just all his sweet passes

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Carry said on Tv that he did that cause of the rep duty.

Shame about Toopi. But Graham won't let us down. And might be good tonic to shut down Folau. We have weapons all over the park. We just need to shut down theirs. His leap will be deadly. Gotta keep the Broncos as down field as possible.

Just collected my tickets! I am SO excited. This is the game I always dreamed about whn we were fightingfor a team.

And let's not forget that the Broncos were a major reason why the Chargers got punted! SEQLD Exclusivity clause!! Wiped us out. Then spent a decade doing nothing to foster RL outside Brisbane

This game personal!!! Destroy them Titans!!! DESTROY!!!

the chargers, i remember them, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    I think he started with Bird at lock because Lafrancri and Mino were a bit dusty from City Country game.

I expect to see Presto at the back to start the game.

Broncos are garbage, but expect them to play there best against us. Will be a cracker
    garbage, 28-6

You know Isiah, you can multi-quote.

Oh boy... it really sucks, really hurts to lose to that team.... Everything stuck for them. Where as nothing went right for us and we werent within coowee of the attcking zone...

Gonna hit the sack. TITANS 4 LIFE!!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans rue missed opportunites in loss to Broncos

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans' three-match winning streak has come to an end in 28-6 loss against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium tonight.

In front of a vocal crowd of 40,168, the Titans had plenty of scoring opportunities and half chances but failed to turn those into points as the Broncos continued their 4-1 winning record against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

It was a night of missed opportunities for the Titans who looked to have clawed their way back into the game on several occasions but were unable to convert on the score-board.

The Titans went into the half-time break trailing 12-6 but were outclassed by a three try haul to the home side in the second half.

The Broncos opened the scoring in the eighth minute when Israel Folau found open space and scored in the corner just inside of the corner-post to give the home-side an early 6-0 lead.

The Titans hit back in the 18th minute when Ashley Harrison put a big hit on returning Broncos halfback Peter Wallace, who lost the ball in prime position for Titans centre Joseph Tomane to scoop up and scoot away to score under the posts untouched, Prince converted to tie the game up at 6-all.

Folau bagged his second try of the night for the Broncos in the 31st minute, picking up a wayward Darren Lockyer offload to charge his way over the next to the posts.

Parker converted to hand the Broncos a 12-6 lead.

http://www.titans.com.au/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Gordon is mighty quick but no wonder they run at him all night.....he is a boy in defence and CANNOT tackle.
    Butchered tries, very very poor kicking game and flat boring attack. Once again I reckon we got stagefright up against Brisbane. How close it Mat to coming back??? We need someone that can score tries and have the vision and ability to do it.

A game of missed opportunitys & missed tackles , we won't win every game of the season but we'll stay in the top 4 unlike the Donkeys
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

We allways seem to lose the games that spend a week in the papers talking about it....... next time we play them how bout the titans go on a media banned.. that why there can worrie about playing footy and talking about it for a week in the media

Banned

does anyone have the stat of how many line breaks we made? im sure we made like 6 and didnt score on any, no joke but i reckon we win if toopi was playing instead of graham.