Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Surprised Priddis is still running around - he has been out of form for a long time. He has shown glimpses of improvement the last few weeks but we shouldn't have any trouble shutting him down.

Just smash Soward!!!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

bird will break him in half... if not him... our roving assasin taga will get him
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Just smash Soward!!!
    Exactly mate & it should be big Tag's job just like he did to Cronk last week
    #itaintweaktospeak

Taga is a gem isn't he.

He would make any 17 that we could possibly put together with all our topliners on deck because he just brings that raw aggression that we have lacked so noticeably in the past.

Kite, Weyman hit with one-game NRL bans

AAP Wed, 14 Apr 2010 21:10:26

There was no love for the big men at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night with rival props Brent Kite and Michael Weyman both failing in their bids to beat one match bans.

Clive Churchill medallist Kite was found guilty of a grade one careless high tackle while St George Illawarra's Weyman has left his Dragons side even more short-handed for Friday night's clash with Gold Coast after being found guilty of striking Brisbane utility Ben Hunt.

The loss of Weyman leaves the Dragons without four first-choice forwards for the trip to the holiday strip, with Jeremy Smith, Ben Creagh and Jarrod Saffy out with injury.

Ricky Thorby - who was named on an extended bench - is now likely to get a run.

Weyman attempted to convince the judiciary panel of Mal Cochrane, Ian Roberts and Sean Garlick he was just attempting to fend Hunt away, with his legal counsel Geoff Bellew SC claiming the act was not highly reckless.

"My main intention there was to bump the player off and then offload," Weyman said.

Judiciary counsel Peter Kite claimed Weyman failed to show a duty of care, with his forearm striking Hunt on the throat.

"This is not an intended strike (but) Weyman has adopted a technique with his fend which is highly reckless," Kite argued.

Meanwhile Sea Eagles front rower Brent Kite will miss the clash against Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Monday night with a verdict Roberts described as one of the toughest he has had to come up with as part of the judiciary panel.

That was of little consequence to Kite.

"I'm very disappointed," said Kite, who like Weyman, had little to lose by contesting the charge given they were both facing one-match bans with early guilty pleas.

"I thought we had a good case, but it wasn't going to be my night.

"I was pretty pumped up for that one (against Melbourne)."

Kite - who was also represented by Bellew - said he was attempting to hit Cronulla winger Blake Ferguson with his shoulder, arguing his swinging arm never got past the horizontal.

"I thought I got him on the ball," Kite said.

"Ideally I would have liked to hit him with my shoulder but with Joey (Joe Galuvao) cutting him (Ferguson) in half, his head dropped a fair bit."

Bellew claimed it would be 'unrealistic' to have expected Kite to avoid contact with Ferguson's head.

"The drop of the Cronulla player is about 45 degrees," Bellew said.

"That's not minimal, it's not slight, and it's the sole reason Brent Kite made contact with the player's face."

It is not yet known who will come into the Manly side for Kite.

nrl.com
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Too bad Kite didnt get TWO!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

Too bad Kite didnt get TWO!
    i'd prefer tony williams get suspended.

Junior Titan

Is it just me or is it the fact that Michael Henderson has been named on the bench for Tweed Heads suggest he won't be playing for the Titans this weekend???

2010 Queensland Cup: Round 6 Souths Logan V Tweed Heads

Sunday 18 April, 3pm
    Davies Park

Souths Logan Magpies

1. David Milne 2. Michael Brophy 3. Wade Liddell 4. Bradley Cross 5. Reece Robinson 6. Marc Herbert 7. Michael Picker 8. Troy Thompson 9. Eliakim Uasi 10. Kieran Whalley 11. Josh White 12. Jarrad Kennedy 13. Phil Dennis (c) 14. Quentin Laulu-Togagae 15. Justin Carney 16. Nick Skinner 17. Lewis Balcomb
    Coach: Mark Beaumont

Tweed Heads Seagulls

1. Shannon Walker 2. Cameron White 3. James Wood 4. Josh Graham 5. Dominique Peyroux 6. Brad Davis 7. Tim Maccan 8. Brock Hunter 9. Ryan Simpkins 10. Jake Leary 11. Matt O?Reilly 12. Selasi Berdie 13. Cody Nelson 14. Shaun Carney 15. Michael Henderson 16. Kingi Akauola 17. Richie Barrett
    Coach: Ben Anderson

Hendo is a damn sight better than either of Brock Hunter or Jake Leary. Surely if he was going to play for Tweed he would be in their run on side.

Quote Originally Posted by robbo_31 View Post
    Is it just me or is it the fact that Michael Henderson has been named on the bench for Tweed Heads suggest he won't be playing for the Titans this weekend???

2010 Queensland Cup: Round 6 Souths Logan V Tweed Heads

Sunday 18 April, 3pm
    Davies Park

Souths Logan Magpies

1. David Milne 2. Michael Brophy 3. Wade Liddell 4. Bradley Cross 5. Reece Robinson 6. Marc Herbert 7. Michael Picker 8. Troy Thompson 9. Eliakim Uasi 10. Kieran Whalley 11. Josh White 12. Jarrad Kennedy 13. Phil Dennis (c) 14. Quentin Laulu-Togagae 15. Justin Carney 16. Nick Skinner 17. Lewis Balcomb
    Coach: Mark Beaumont

Tweed Heads Seagulls

1. Shannon Walker 2. Cameron White 3. James Wood 4. Josh Graham 5. Dominique Peyroux 6. Brad Davis 7. Tim Maccan 8. Brock Hunter 9. Ryan Simpkins 10. Jake Leary 11. Matt O?Reilly 12. Selasi Berdie 13. Cody Nelson 14. Shaun Carney 15. Michael Henderson 16. Kingi Akauola 17. Richie Barrett
    Coach: Ben Anderson
    Yeh, and more to the point they've only named a 17 man squad as if they are not considering him as an option at all. It's actually against the rules to play QLD Cup and NRL in the same week, but then again - the QLD cup match is after the NRL match so we still cant rule him out....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Default Mead set for Titan-ic future

IN the first half of Friday's match against the Melbourne Storm, the Gold Coast Titans had conceded three tries down David Mead's side of the field.

Most youngsters would have dropped their heads, not Mead.

He sat down with centre partner Joseph Tomane and coach John Cartwright and they worked out the solution was simple -- they need to talk more.

In the following 40 minutes the right side of the field was like a vault, nothing got through and the Storm didn't look like scoring.

That's why the quietly-spoken Papua New Guinean international will succeed.

Mead is naturally talented and speedy. More importantly, though, he is a listener.

The 20-year-old doesn't get caught in his own hype or looking at himself in the mirror. He plays to improve his game, not to be famous.

"It gave me a lot of belief that we can pretty much do anything if we believe in ourselves," said Mead of Friday's second half against the title favourites.

Mead, who could potentially become a superstar for the Titans, has continued to work hard with Tomane this week.

"We're getting better, we just need to talk a bit more," he said.

Last week Mead faced off against Greg Inglis and Anthony Quinn. This week it is Brett Morris and Matt Cooper.

"I was nervous about Inglis last week. I think defending against him gave us more confidence for this week though," he said.

Mead is one of the great success stories. If he were to walk down the streets in his native Papua New Guinea he would get mobbed like a superstar.

"I don't really want to say anything," he laughed when asked about his popularity.

"Not many people from PNG play in the NRL, all the people at home look up to all the players even the Queensland Cup players, it is so big. All the little kids are saving their money to buy Rugby League Week over there."

Playing in the NRL is a massive step for a young kid but Mead has taken it in his stride.

"I'm having the best time of my life. Life's good at the moment, I can't really complain," he said.

Coach John Cartwright is equally as happy with his pupil.

"He is a tremendous young fella, he works very had and has a long future in the game," he said.

Some struggle with the fame of NRL but Cartwright said Mead was keeping level-headed.

"He's got a good support network here and not much gets to his head."

That's why Mead will be a keeper.

www.goldcoast.com.au

Mead set for Morris

Brimming with confidence after last weekend's win over the Storm, young Titans flyer David Mead says that communication will be the key to stopping in-form St George Illawarra star Brett Morris on Friday night.

Gold Coast's right corner has been scouted as a potential weak spot by teams this year, but Mead pledged to step up his defensive game with partner Joseph Tomane as the Titans look to fortify their home ground reputation.

"He's (Brett Morris) been scoring a fair few tries at the moment and he's a good player too, so we've worked hard at training and Joey and I have been working on our defence because we've let some points in, but we're looking forward to the challenge on Friday night," Mead said after training at Robina.

"We're getting better we just need to talk a bit more, that's the main issue."

"In the first half last week, we let three tries within 30 minutes and that was from not talking, but in the second half they didn't go through so I think we found out what it was."

While the four-point win over Melbourne did nothing but good for the 22 year-old's confidence, Mead admitted there was some early nerves as he tussled with Queensland Origin star Greg Inglis and winger Anthony Quinn.

"I was pretty nervous, although I had Quinn I was more nervous about Inglis last week, but I think defending against him gave both Joey and myself a lot more confidence so we're looking forward to defending against Matt Cooper and Brett Morris," he said.

"Personally, the win over Melbourne gave me a lot of belief that we can do anything, we just have to believe in ourselves and grind out the game for the full 80 minutes."

One of only three Papua New Guinea players plying their trade in the NRL, Mead has come a long way since growing up in Port Moresby but a massive following back home suggests that in the future more young stars could be making their way over to Australia.

"It's that big over there and they love rugby league, all the little kids save their money to save for Rugby League Week (magazine) each week, so it's massive over there," he said.

"There isn't many NRL players from Papua New Guinea only myself, Paul Aiton (Sharks) and Neville Costigan (Dragons), so they look up to all their players and even follow the Queensland Cup."

"It's been a big journey and it's still getting bigger."

"I'm having the best time of my life playing first grade and life's good at the moment. I always look up at the crowd and it's such a good feeling playing in front of the cameras."

The Titans have named an unchanged line-up for Friday night's clash, and the Dragons are sure to be cautious of John Cartwright's in-form side after losing 24-28 at Skilled Park back in Round 13 last season.

Source: http://sportal.com.au/

Come on David, your banner is ready to rock!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Come on David, your banner is ready to rock!
    Wat wat did u say