Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Good news, I think they have a few in doubt. Have to wait for tomorrow's team's with baited breath.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Great news for us as he's their go to man & Jeremy Smith is in doubt too
    You can also add Matt Prior, Jarrod Saffy and Beau Scott to the in doubt list as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Injury toll opens door to Neville Costigan

A mounting injury toll could see Dragons hard man Neville Costigan rushed into the line-up for Friday night's showdown with the Melbourne Storm-toppling Gold Coast.

After undergoing a shoulder reconstruction in the off-season, Costigan hasn't played since St George Illawarra were knocked out of the NRL finals series last year.

Coach Wayne Bennett was expected to allow Costigan to gain match fitness by playing in the NSW Cup competition with feeder team Shellharbour, but may be forced to select him in the team to take on the Titans.
    Prop Matt Prior (knee), second-rower Jeremy Smith (knee) and interchange forward Jarrod Saffy (ankle) will all have scans today to determine the extent of injuries sustained in the 34-16 victory over Brisbane at WIN Stadium.

Prior and Smith are believed to have both damaged posterior cruciate ligaments and could be out for at least a month.

Adding to the injury woes, prop Ricky Thorby hurt his neck in Shellharbour's loss to North Sydney on Saturday.

It could see Nick Emmett or Beau Scott moved into the second row to cover Smith, or Costigan could be thrust straight into the team.

Prior played just 26 minutes of Friday night's win over the Broncos, while Smith did not return in the second half.

Young prop Trent Merrin is likely to be brought in for Prior, with Dan Hunt set to be named in the starting team, having regularly started despite being named on the bench.

Recruited from Souths, front-rower Michael Greenfield is another in the running for a call-up.

The Titans will be brimming with confidence after beating the Storm 20-16 in a hard-fought battle at Skilled Park on Friday night.

Costigan played 22 games last year and came off the bench for Queensland in State of Origin game three last year.

The Dragons already have star hooker Nathan Fien on the long-term injury list after breaking his ankle in the round one win over Parramatta.
    Winger Peni Tagive (knee) and Bronx Goodwin (broken arm) are also sidelined for extended periods.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/n...n/1799623.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

With a coach like Wayne Bennet at the helm it won't matter who they run out they will now their job and contribute.

Getting up after last weeks emotional win will be tough so the crowd will need to get out and support them - the Dragons are sure to have an ENORMOUS contingent of the crowd.

Second only to the Broncos I would say...??

i really think bird needs to be shifted to the backrow campbell back to 5/8 and zillman at the back when prince returns. i believe the team would benefit greatly from a few little positional changes. but all in all, they played great last week, and i cant ait for this game

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Getting up after last weeks emotional win will be tough so the crowd will need to get out and support them - the Dragons are sure to have an ENORMOUS contingent of the crowd.

Absolutely, the Titans need our support and we need to lift a few levels. We can't control who the Dragons field or the performance of the Titans players, but crowd support is something we can do. Lifting them to make the 1% plays and to energise them when they are out of juice.

Get your tickets fast because they are selling faster than the Storm game!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

Thats only when the Donkeys are winning as their supporters will be quick to bail this year when they are Spoon Chasing
    #itaintweaktospeak

Weyman, the oldest looking 24 year old in the world

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Thats only when the Donkeys are winning as their supporters will be quick to bail this year when they are Spoon Chasing
    Too true.
    Every Broncos supporter I know will not even watch them let alone support them when they are losing.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I think the Sharks game at Lang Park will test Broncos fans. Especially if they lose it. I hope for Rugby League's sake they stick by their team.

Lord never let Titans fans be bandwagoners, let us always dig deep, let us support how we expect our team to play, with total heart and committment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I think the Sharks game at Lang Park will test Broncos fans. Especially if they lose it. I hope for Rugby League's sake they stick by their team.

Lord never let Titans fans be bandwagoners, let us always dig deep, let us support how we expect our team to play, with total heart and committment.
    another reason why i love supporting the titans is that no one ever gives us a chance and says we are pretty boys then when we show them up they're speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    Weyman, the oldest looking 24 year old in the world
    Agree, new nickname should be "40/20"
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Dragons set to lose four for Titans trip

ST George Illawarra are facing a big man crisis ahead of Friday night's trip to the Gold Coast with four first-choice forwards set to miss the match.

Props Matt Prior and Jarrod Saffy and Kiwis Test backrower Jeremy Smith are all facing extended stints on the sidelines after failing to see out Friday night's big win over Brisbane.

The Dragons were still counting the cost of the 34-16 win today with NSW Origin front rower Michael Weyman charged with grade one striking by the match review committee.

He is in line to miss one match whether he takes the early guilty plea or unsuccessfully fights the charge at the judiciary.

The club said it would wait until tomorrow before entering a plea.

While Weyman will definitely be available for the round six Anzac Day blockbuster against Sydney Roosters, Dragons coach Wayne Bennett will be without the other three for some time.

Smith and Prior were both diagnosed with strained posterior cruciate ligaments and will be out for 4-6 weeks while Saffy suffered a high ankle sprain and will be out for a similar period.

Offering some relief to Bennett is the expected return of Queensland Origin backrower Neville Costigan, who was expected to make his way back via the NSW Cup after off-season shoulder surgery.

Costigan is now likely to be rushed straight into the NRL side, while youngster Trent Merrin and former South Sydney prop Michael Greenfield will also be in line for call-ups.

Source: news.smh.com.au/
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 12-04-10 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Please add sources

2 points are 2 points, sorry for the Dragons that they are losing the guys, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

just heard on the radio that the titans are facing some injury concerns Laffranchi, harrison and friend and in doubt these players could leave a huge hole in the titans i hope this is not true and only media speculation