Interchange from
    Matt White
    Sam Tagataese
    Will Matthews
    Riley Brown
    Michael Henderson

DRAGONS

TBA
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 13-04-10 at 01:07 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

This Friday the Dragons come to Skilled Park. Make sure you are there.

Bound to be a massive crowd, with all the Dragons fans in SEQLD.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I'll be there! In the Away Supporters Bay though

Will be very close to a sellout
    #itaintweaktospeak

imo, bird to 12, mini to bench
    rogers to 5/8 and bring in toopi or just put taga there, then when prince is back, campbell to 6 and rogers back to 3!
    Last edited by patskE; 11-04-10 at 12:59 PM.

Titan Pete is right, this will be a sell out or close.

GET YOUR TICKETS HERE!

The far right 3 in our team need to get their act together this week cause all ball running traffic will be coming their way. Left side of the field will be copping the bombs.

Banned

i think mead needs to mark up on the opposition winger, he was badly exposed against anthony quinn

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i think mead needs to mark up on the opposition winger, he was badly exposed against anthony quinn
    There plan was to double team Inglis because of the week before with Tomane. Its a team effort that works from the inside out. I think he needs to stay on his man aswell but you gotta have your inside men working on their men. All good though, the more they get tested the better they will become

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    The far right 3 in our team need to get their act together this week cause all ball running traffic will be coming their way. Left side of the field will be copping the bombs.
    I'm sure they'll get it right (hopefully sooner rather then later). They have shown they can tackle, I think it is more they need to get the unity and defensive reads right.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

these Friday night games (Thursday for me) are killers because I have to seemingly wait all day to be able to watch. Thems the breaks of being a USA Titans fan though.

As far as the Dragons, I've seen them play once this year so far in their match against the Storm and they looked ok early but then faded away (obviously).

Being at home will do us big wonders and I think we'll beat them as we did the Storm.

Cheer loud everyone!
    "You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

Presto happy to hold the fort

The evergreen Preston Campbell has been a key reason the Gold Coast Titans have proved that a Scott Prince injury isn't a death sentence for the NRL club.

A regular showstopper in the number one jumper, Campbell has deputised admirably at halfback since his skipper Prince was sidelined with a fractured hand in round three.

But as soon as Prince returns, Campbell will be only too happy to return the number seven and move to the back, creating an interesting dilemma for the Titans given the handy form of William Zillman.

Campbell helped steady the Titans ship, rocked by a heavy round four defeat in Townsville, by guiding his side to a comeback 20-16 victory over premiers Melbourne at Robina on Friday night.

It was an upset win remarkably similar to one a little over 12 months earlier, in which the Titans toppled the Storm with Prince watching from the sidelines and Campbell calling the shots.

"I've played a lot of fullback over the past few years so I'd have to say that's my preference," Campbell said. "I've spent a lot more time there and I'm a lot more used to that.

"This will only be my third game since Princey was out last year, so it's really hard to play a position you haven't played for a while."

The upset win over the Storm took its toll on the Titans, with a number of stars rested from this morning's training run at Robina.

In-form backrower Anthony Laffranchi, Mat Rogers, Ash Harrison and hooker Nathan Friend sat out the session but coach John Cartwright is expecting all four to be fit to play the Dragons on Friday.

Meanwhile, Cartwright said he would meet with veteran centre Mat Rogers this week to discuss speculation Rogers, 34, may return to Cronulla next year to play out his career.

"It's a tough situation when you get down to the end of your roster and you've got to fit players in," Cartwright said.

"But I'll sit down with Matty and have a talk at some stage this week and see where he's at. The strength of us is that we've been able to nip these things in the bud."

Source: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/

Weyman charged by judiciary

ST George Illawarra prop Michael Weyman is in danger of missing the clash against Gold Coast Titans on Friday after being charged by the NRL judiciary.
    Weyman, 24, has been charged with a grade one striking offence after the Dragons 34-16 win against Brisbane last Friday night.

Unless he beats the charge he will miss one week of competition even with an early guilty plea.

http://www.theleader.com.au/

Other things of note...

- Costigan likely to return

- Priddis to play his 300th

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Weyman charged by judiciary

ST George Illawarra prop Michael Weyman is in danger of missing the clash against Gold Coast Titans on Friday after being charged by the NRL judiciary.
    Weyman, 24, has been charged with a grade one striking offence after the Dragons 34-16 win against Brisbane last Friday night.

Unless he beats the charge he will miss one week of competition even with an early guilty plea.

http://www.theleader.com.au/
    Great news for us as he's their go to man & Jeremy Smith is in doubt too
    #itaintweaktospeak