Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Good to see a couple of promising young players coming into the Cowboys (Thompson & Tupou).

If I was Carty, I'd have Tomane attaching our right side (Graham & Williams). They've been weak for 12 months but Henry keeps sticking with them. Tomane is going to be a star from what I've seen so far.

I gotta say, this year and last Prince is not the player they can least afford to lose, Friend is. Watching the replay now, and it would take 3 other players to make up for the things Friend does on a football field, just the cleaning up alone.

As long as Friend is there they'll cope.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    I gotta say, this year and last Prince is not the player they can least afford to lose, Friend is. Watching the replay now, and it would take 3 other players to make up for the things Friend does on a football field, just the cleaning up alone.

i think ur spot on there.. he is an absolute work horse...

like i have said i dont think we will be losing too much...
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post

Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Banned

i think tomane should be given a shot at kicking, he wasnt bad last year.

I agree, Friend is the heart of our team. And its great to see him gettng recognition.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans prop suspended, Bird injured

The Titans are not too worried about the fitness of Greg Bird (c). (Getty Images: Bradley Kanaris, file photo)
    Map: Robina 4226

Gold Coast Titans prop Bodene Thompson will miss three NRL games after entering an early guilty plea to a careless high tackle.

Thompson was charged with a grade five offence in Saturday night's match against the Canberra Raiders.

His tackle broke the jaw of Canberra's Travis Waddell.

His early guilty plea will save him a trip to the NRL judiciary in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile Titans coach John Cartwright has downplayed an injury to five-eighth Greg Bird ahead of this Saturday night's clash against North Queensland.

The former Test player left training early this morning to receive treatment on a neck injury, but Cartwright has dismissed suggestions Bird will not be fit to play the Cowboys.

Cartwright has indicated Preston Campbell will replace injured skipper Scott Prince at half-back and William Zillman will start at full-back.

Prince has been ruled out for four to six weeks with a broken thumb.

http://www.abc.net.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Titans prop suspended, Bird injured

The Titans are not too worried about the fitness of Greg Bird (c). (Getty Images: Bradley Kanaris, file photo)
    Map: Robina 4226

Gold Coast Titans prop Bodene Thompson will miss three NRL games after entering an early guilty plea to a careless high tackle.

Thompson was charged with a grade five offence in Saturday night's match against the Canberra Raiders.

His tackle broke the jaw of Canberra's Travis Waddell.

His early guilty plea will save him a trip to the NRL judiciary in Sydney on Wednesday night.

Meanwhile Titans coach John Cartwright has downplayed an injury to five-eighth Greg Bird ahead of this Saturday night's clash against North Queensland.

The former Test player left training early this morning to receive treatment on a neck injury, but Cartwright has dismissed suggestions Bird will not be fit to play the Cowboys.

Cartwright has indicated Preston Campbell will replace injured skipper Scott Prince at half-back and William Zillman will start at full-back.

Prince has been ruled out for four to six weeks with a broken thumb.

http://www.abc.net.au/
    Dont tell me he is the capt for this game

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

source nrl.com
    Cowboys put faith in youth

North Queensland coach Neil Henry has taken a punt on youth with teenagers Ray Thompson and Will Tupou handed their NRL starting debuts for Saturday's clash with Gold Coast at Dairy Farmers Stadium.

After three average games, Henry has sacked first-choice five-eighth Grant Rovelli and given 19-year-old Thompson his big opportunity in a daunting clash against the representative No.6 Greg Bird.

Tupou, who is also 19 and a member of the Cowboys unbeaten under 20s side, has been selected on the wing.

Thompson, who has plenty of admirers, played 20 minutes of NRL football for the Cowboys against the Roosters in the final round of 2009.

"Ray is still learning so we'll give him a bit of time," Henry said.

"(But if) Rav's (Rovelli) goes back to the Queensland Cup and is dominant then he stakes his claim straight away.

"I'm not saying Ray is the long-term answer, but he certainly gets his chance and he's a player of the future.

"JT (Johnathan Thurston) commands most of the ball, but he'll need to be a foil for him.

"We've got every confidence in Ray. He's a very good defence player, he's got a nice touch with his kick and the emphasis we've really got is to defend on that edge.

"He's got a job do to there, he'll have (Greg) Bird hovering around so it's a big ask."

The Titans have also been forced to makes changes at the scrum base with pint-sized Preston Campbell pulling on the No.7 for Scott Prince (thumb) No.7 jumper and William Zillman playing fullback.

Bird, suffering from general soreness after a tough clash with Canberra, failed to complete training on he Gold Coast

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    YES GREG BIRD AS CAPTAIN BRAD YOU OWE ME 10BUCKS HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    Pretty sure that is just the caption for the photo, indicating which position Bird is in that photo, which is centre.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225847633883

NTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS v GOLD COAST TITANS at Dairy Farmers Stadium, 7.30pm

COWBOYS: Ty Williams, John Williams, Ashley Graham, Willie Tonga, Will Tupou, Ray Thompson, Johnathan Thurston (capt), Matthew Scott, Aaron Payne, Antonio Kaufusi, Scott Bolton, Steve Rapira, Luke O'Donnell. Interchange: Anthony Watts, James Tamou, Willie Mason, Carl Webb, Leeson Ah Mau (one to be omitted)

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Mat Rogers, Joseph Tomane, David Mead, Greg Bird, Preston Campbell, Luke Bailey (capt), Nathan Friend, Brad Meyers, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Matt White, Sam Tagataese, Will Matthews, Riley Brown, Michael Henderson (one to be omitted)

Captain Bull!

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    No you owe me! You nutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    Bird wont be captain, i couldnt think of a more absurd claim.
    Bird has only been with the titans since the beginning of the year, how is it possible that a newcomer to the titans (Not saying he's a bad player in the slightest) can outbeat the likes on rogers/presto/friend/bailey and that just to name a few.
    Yes, greg bird is a great player with a lot of great attributes, but he doesnt deserve captaincy over such other loyal players.

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!