Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 4: North Queensland Cowboys vs Gold Coast Titans

North Queensland Cowboys vs Gold Coast Titans

Saturday 3 April 2010 - 6:30pm QLD TIME - Dairy Farmers Stadium

COWBOYS

TBA

TITANS

TBA
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 27-03-10 at 03:00 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Time to rip and tear into the Cowboys this coming Saturday.

They are in crisis but if they ever turn it around it'll be against their southern brothers at home.

We gotta win this. For the two points and the QLD pride!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

This is a scary game for us, Thurston always has a blinder against us.

I hope we have learnt from past mistakes against the Cowboys, and come up with a game plan to suppress the Prince v thurston angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

we should win, 33-8 they lost to dragons....

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    This is a scary game for us, Thurston always has a blinder against us.

I hope we have learnt from past mistakes against the Cowboys, and come up with a game plan to suppress the Prince v thurston angle.
    Too right Coaster. I think we have alot more strings to our bow this year. I can see Bird smashing Thurston.

But we need to avenge our loss to them at home... our only regular season loss. It hurt bad.

Ash Graham, Grant Rovelli face chop as Cowboys prepare for Titans

ASHLEY Graham and Grant Rovelli face the chop as the North Queensland Cowboys look to regroup after Friday night's belting from St George Illawarra.

Coach Neil Henry had remained loyal to his troops after two shoddy first-half performances in the opening rounds but his patience has worn thin.

The Cowboys were prepared for what Wayne Bennett and the home side would throw at them, but the north Queenslanders let themselves down with many defensive errors, particularly on their right side.

That spells trouble for Graham and Rovelli who were exposed by fullback Darius Boyd and centre Matt Cooper.

"I'll look at the make-up of the edges and possibly make some changes," Henry said.

"You've got to have players make those one-on-one tackles and good defensive decisions."

Aaron Payne was again a frustrated man after hyperextending his knee but the Cowboys hooker, Willie Mason (ankle) and Matt Scott (neck) are expected to be fit for next Saturday's clash with the Titans in Townsville.

North Queensland may be on the lookout for a new fullback for the derby, with Ty Williams (ankle and bicep tendon) injured in the 33-8 loss.

Assistant coach Mick Crawley will be at today's Queensland Cup game at Redcliffe between feeder club Mackay and the Dolphins.

Big performances from fullback Shannon Gallant and centre Donald Malone could push them into the Cowboys' 17. Likewise, under-20s stars Ray Thompson and Will Tupou could come into the frame after strong starts to the Toyota Cup season.

Tupou was close to an NRL debut against the Broncos and Henry may be tempted to give him a chance at centre, or off the bench against the Titans.

"We've got nine out of 10 players who are consistent," Henry said.

"But you need 17 firing to win in this competition and that's what the Dragons have got at the moment.

"You can't have 10 or 11 being consistent and the other six coming up with errors. It's not good enough to beat the top six sides."

Utility Anthony Watts again gave the Cowboys plenty of spark and spirit and could be in line for a starting berth.

Henry was reluctant to say the Dragons were a better side than last season's model but agreed they are the form team of the competition.

"People say they're methodical and boring. I beg to differ," he argued.

"Look at how often they shifted it, and the players they had in support."

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au

Titans have been building nicely the first 3 rounds - not perfect and mistake free, but improving steadily in each area of the game. I think they will get confidence and momentum out of last nights game.

Cowboys are at allsorts atm. Thurston is good, but he can't win a game on his own. Titans got them at home last year and are in good position to do it again.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Titans sweating on Harrison, Bailey

THE Gold Coast Titans are sweating on the fitness of Ash Harrison and a report hanging over star prop Luke Bailey during last night's 24-4 win over the Canberra Raiders.

Harrison warmed up with the side but suffered a back injury and took no part, his place being taken by Sam Tagataese.

Bailey was put on report for what appeared to be a trip on Raider Shaun Fensom in the first half.

Source: http://www.goldcoast.com.au

i really do hope that bird breaks thurston in half and that scotty just focuses on his game and not trying to outplay thurston... coz no doubt the media are going to promote the game as prince v thurston with origin coming up.

it surely will be a close game but i am very confidant we can get over the line and come home with another 2 pts in the bag
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    i really do hope that bird breaks thurston in half and that scotty just focuses on his game and not trying to outplay thurston... coz no doubt the media are going to promote the game as prince v thurston with origin coming up.

it surely will be a close game but i am very confidant we can get over the line and come home with another 2 pts in the bag
    Spot on Davey, Bird is primed to hurt someone & this is where it should be .... The Prince needs to concentrate on his own game & not the other no7 on the park as that will bring him undone

Big Taga to put Willie on his ****
    #itaintweaktospeak

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Watch out for me and ant on television....Hopefully theres more than two of us up in townsville....Ive always admired birds ability and he had a great match against the raiders hopefullly he can smash some cowboys....Prince vs Thurston...Who will get the number 7 for state of origon

Quote Originally Posted by Travelling Titan View Post
    Watch out for me and ant on television....Hopefully theres more than two of us up in townsville....Ive always admired birds ability and he had a great match against the raiders hopefullly he can smash some cowboys....Prince vs Thurston...Who will get the number 7 for state of origon
    its not prince vs thurston!!!!!!!

thats the pressure that prince doesnt need going into this one...
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

ok sorry davey just gonna be awsome first time up to dairy farmers....In my head ill be watching the 7's closely

i think everyone knows thurston is the halfback for qld, unless lockyer dnt play, prince will prob know that...

omg thurston is the most over rated player followed by paul gallen...thurston is garbage how come he only plays well in rep matchs and not nrl standards...didnt see the cowboys in the top 8 last year except saw the titans in the top 4...does that say much