Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Ben Hannant and the Titans

'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs
    by Dean Ritchie | March 18, 2010 3:26PM

CANTERBURY prop Ben Hannant is considering asking for an early release from his Bulldogs contract.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Ben Hannant and his wife Emma - who both come from the Gold Coast - are homesick.

It is understood the Gold Coast Titans have expressed preliminary interest in Hannant, should the Dogs agree to a release.

Hannant, off contract after 2011, will play for Canterbury in tomorrow night's match against St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

The Daily Telegraph newspaper will reveal full details of the Hannant drama in tomorrow's edition.

The Daily Telegraph

This would be fantastic, but we would be going against the Broncos as well.

But when the Titans want a player, we go hard. And we have alot of cards to play. Including the new Centre of Excellence.

Not only an excellent player but a man of great personal quality. He'd be the perfect Titan IMO.

I hope we can welcome the Polar Bear home to the Gold Coast. He'd be just what we are looking for, up front.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Bull has another 2-3 year left in him, imagine having Bailey and Hannant in the 8/10. I'm sure Searle will make the right transfers and get him back to where he belongs.

Banned

damnnnnnnnn, talk about luck if we get him, we wouldn't be thin on props anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    This would be fantastic, but we would be going against the Broncos as well.

But when the Titans want a player, we go hard. And we have alot of cards to play. Including the new Centre of Excellence.

Not only an excellent player but a man of great personal quality. He'd be the perfect Titan IMO.

I hope we can welcome the Polar Bear home to the Gold Coast. He'd be just what we are looking for, up front.
    I agree, I doubt we have the cap room to even match the Donkey's - but we have more avenues of enticement. The Center of Excellence being one, but even more so being a stable topline team that is on the verge of a premiership rather than a has-been team in a rebuilding stage.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Hannant asks Bulldogs for release

Canterbury-Bankstown prop Ben Hannant has reportedly asked for an early release from the final two years of his contract.

Hannant, who hails from the Gold Coast and was one of four former Brisbane Broncos to join the Bulldogs last season, is said to be struggling to adapt to Sydney life.

Gold Coast Titans are reportedly keen to offer the Queensland and Kangaroos enforcer a lifeline should the Bulldogs agree to let him walk, while the Broncos are also believed to be circling.

The Bulldogs are understandably reluctant to let the 25-year-old player go, with club officials hopeful of talking him into honouring the remainder of his lucrative deal.

The 108kg front-rower played a key role in the Bulldogs' climb from the wooden spoon to second on the NRL ladder in 2009, averaging 132m and 34 tackles per game in 18 appearances for the club.

Hannant, a veteran of five appearances for Queensland, made his debut for the Kangaroos at the end of last season in the Four Nations tournament, playing in all four games.

The blond-haired prop has played 96 games in the top grade since making his debut for the Roosters in 2005 before joining the Broncos for three highly-successful seasons.

http://sportal.com.au/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

This is one signing i will 1000000% get right behind...LOL

Banned

ill be dissapointed is the broncos sign him.

so, if we gets an release, will it be mid season? or just at end of season?

I ve got a feeling he will end up a titan. He s been a bronco and is from the coast.................... I think we ve got ourselves a new member of our family

Here's to 2015

They had this on 9 Brisbane news. And the Bulldogs said if they do release him he will only be allowed to go to either the BRONCOS or TITANS because his family is based on the Goldie.

Banned

i thought they said he was released and he is only allowed to go to the broncos or us though, i think this destroys the dogs 2010 premiership aspirations and strengthens ours.

Junior Titan

Yeah get him, the titans can offload the liability that is Preston
    Campbell and sign this guy, Zillman can start and you guys are contenders instead of pretenders!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nzkiwis View Post
    Yeah get him, the titans can offload the liability that is Preston
    Campbell and sign this guy, Zillman can start and you guys are contenders instead of pretenders!!!
    Mate if you are going to carry on like this, especially in unrelated threads.

Your stay here will be short.

what great news for the titans this is out of the blue, just seen it on Nine news NSW Danny wielder interviewed todd greenberg buldogs ceo and he stated that if granted a release it will be only if he goes to titans or broncos he also stated that there would have to be a player swap looking forward to see what develops out of this