Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

and bailey wont get pulled up
    1. he didnt make contact
    2. he obviously fell over
    3. and i paid the judiacary

I can tell you guys that Taga will most probably throughout the season like he was against the Raiders. He is not the fittest guy in the team but what he does is cause major headaches in defence and attack in short explosive periods.

If you get to see the Titans/Rabbits game again you can clearly see him hunting Burgess down wanting to put on a massive shot

Last night was the same, he went out there to destroy blokes and it was working. What a beast. Some teammates call him avatar

From what I remember I thought Meyers had a blinder and yea I thought Bird had a good one too. Still gotta see a replay.

We should have piled on more points with all the pressure we were putting on in the first half. But we are definitely getting better.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

We won the game in the first 20 min

and we scored the points in the last 20

There was nothing wrong IMO with how we won that game, Canberra defended well, but it was what we did in that first 20min that won the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Banned

i feel just our attack sucks, last year we were scoring trys out from anywhere and anywhere, now prince can't even get it out their, BTW i didnt know tomane could leap like folou he must have learned it from him in melbourne and from slater and inglis.

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    i feel just our attack sucks, last year we were scoring trys out from anywhere and anywhere, now prince can't even get it out their, BTW i didnt know tomane could leap like folou he must have learned it from him in melbourne and from slater and inglis.
    What makes you say that> I don't understand????

Our backs got plenty of ball last night. Our wingers made about 130mts each off 12 & 17 receives. Our centers got 10 tackle breaks and 2 try assists. Not to mention all of our tries came from......................... drumroll...................... OUR BACKS!

We won that game well. Our forwards absolutely rolled them, our defenders bashed the crap out of them and our fancy men put the points on the board. The team looks very balanced, each player improving on their own roles each game and are all coming together nicely as a team. Nothing to complain about, nothing and nobody needs changing!
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    We won the game in the first 20 min

and we scored the points in the last 20

There was nothing wrong IMO with how we won that game, Canberra defended well, but it was what we did in that first 20min that won the game.
    I thought the Raiders defence was pretty awesome & they held our boys very well for the amount of repeat sets we had

Another thing to remember about our start to the year is we have beaten the teams generally regarded as the 3 Biggest Packs in the comp
    #itaintweaktospeak

I too think Canberra did defend well, but their fans are inconsolable right now.

Great to see our outside backs being fed some ball with results!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Banned

i mean it feels like we struggle to set up an attacking play any time we attack, look at the warriors vs broncos today, warriors played awesome and fluent in attack, thats what we should be. plus i think bird should go to lock.

Three from three for gutsy Jetstar Titans

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have made it three wins on the trot by defeating the Canberra Raiders in a grinding 24-4 victory in front of a crowd of 11,521 at Skilled Park this evening.

In a match that was as scrappy as it was entertaining at times, the Jetstar Titans led 24-nil before a late try to Canberra took some of the gloss off the result.

The win keeps the Jetstar Titans up the top of the NRL after three rounds of the competition ahead of next week's Queensland derby against North Queensland in Townsville.
    Captains and Coaches from both teams spoke about the torrid Skilled Park encounter just moments after the full time whistle had blown.

Watch the post match press conference now.

http://www.titans.com.au/default.asp...ns-tv&vid=3743

look at the warriors vs broncos today, warriors played awesome and fluent in attack, thats what we should be.
    I am not sure i understand,

we beat the Warriors 2 weeks ago, and Canberra beat the Broncos just last Monday, if anything those teams would be wishing they played like us, not the other way around.

you need to get to the game, and stop listening to commentators, last nights game had 3 commentators, 2 had played nearly there whole life at Canberra, and the other bags the crap out of us every time we play. Every play they called was either what Canberra should have done, or what went against them for it to happen.

As a Titans supporter anyone would walk away after listening to that thinking we played poorly. The fact is we smashed them from pillar to post for 79 min. They never even looked like scoring, and we put 24 on them with 2 other trys disallowed. Our forwards dominated the much bigger Canberra pack, and after all the hard work was done, we scored some great tries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

There were some Brut big hit contenders too. Bird and Taga hit hard we know, but Tomane and Bodene are putting some shots on too. Bodene broke Waddell's jaw with a real hard legal hit (I remember when Bodene broke his in a head clash in '08 at skilled, the biggest collision I've seen)

look at the warriors vs broncos today, warriors played awesome and fluent in attack, thats what we should be.
    Warriors didnt play extremely well IMO, they scored probably 70% of their trys down the left hand side of the field, which is where folau defends. If you noticed, as folau came off, they scored nearly 2 tries straight in a row on his right hand side.
    Plus to add onto that, they have injuries taking down there whole team. To name a few of their better players with injuries, Justin Hodges (He's a brute attacker and would've gotten the broncos up), Jharal yoh yeh (Extremely fast up and comer for the broncos, he is used very well), Israel folau (Do i even have to explain how good he is, he scored the first try in todays game and he nearly scored one from a superman jump when he injured himself), Corey parker (One of the games top kickers atm) and they are only the high profile players.
    Simon mannering was injured for the warriors, but the biggest blow was manu vatevai. Yet still proved to be a tough team.
    So as you can see, if it wasnt for this injury ravaged side, they would've performed to a better degree, im not saying that the final result of the warriors winning wouldve been different, but the scores wouldve been much closer and it definetly wouldve been a good game.

Blazer
    You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Titans!

i mean it feels like we struggle to set up an attacking play any time we attack, look at the warriors vs broncos today, warriors played awesome and fluent in attack, thats what we should be. plus i think bird should go to lock.
    Warriors today were not fluent at all, they had no structure to their play. Today the plan was to get the offloads away so that their 2nd phase play would tire the Broncos team out and it worked a treat.

Broncs could not contain the ball carrier from getting the passes away.

There was nothing wrong at all with how the Titans played imo, Ive only really seen one team play the PERFECT game at the perfect time in the last 5 or so years. That was the 2008 Grand Final where Manly played perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by kwigibo View Post
    There were some Brut big hit contenders too. Bird and Taga hit hard we know, but Tomane and Bodene are putting some shots on too. Bodene broke Waddell's jaw with a real hard legal hit (I remember when Bodene broke his in a head clash in '08 at skilled, the biggest collision I've seen)
    Bodene loves the big contact but he is going visit the judiciary a few times in the future for the way he tackles. He did the same type of tackle for Tweed last year and it cost him weeks.