Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Canberra have been dealt a massive blow with the draw for this game. We had returned home, done our recovery and probably had a day off BEFORE they had even played.

We get an 8-day turnaround to their 5.

They will have recovery today (Tuesday) and then won't begin preparing for us until Wednesday at the earliest - and then will need to throw in travel into their preparation on probably Friday.

IF we can't do a job on the Raiders this week then we will never do a job on a team. They are rubbish away from home and will have an awful preparation for this.They are ripe for the picking.

Nd not only that there are playing here at 8.30pm witch means its 9.30pm they time so they are going to be tired aswell

Canberra Raiders: Josh Dugan, James Stuart, Jarrod Crocker, Joel Thompson, Daniel Vidot, Terry Campese, Josh McCrone, David Shillington, Alan Tongue (c), Scott Logan, Joe Picker, Bronson Harrison, Shaun Fensom.

Interchange: Travis Waddell, Trevor Thurling, Troy Thompson, Dane Tilse.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Campbell back for Raiders clash

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans will welcome back game breaker Preston Campbell for Saturday night’s Round 3 clash against Canberra at Skilled Park.

Campbell missed last weekend’s golden-point victory over Souths due to a headknock but has been named to return at fullback for the club’s second home game for 2010.

Utility back William Zillman, who performed strongly at fullback in Campbell’s absence, has kept his spot in the Jetstar Titans’ 17-man squad on the interchange bench.

The inclusion of Zillman sees interchange utility Riley Brown drop back to the Queensland Cup this weekend for feeder club Burleigh Bears.

The Jetstar Titans will be out to protect their unbeaten record against the Raiders at Skilled Park, having defeated Canberra on both occasions the two teams have met at the Gold Coast venue since 2008.

Please note: Main game kick-off is 8.30pm (QLD TIME).

The full NRL and NYC squads are listed below.

Titans v Raiders
    8.30pm (QLD TIME)
    Skilled Park
    Saturday, March 27

1 Preston Campbell
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Mat Rogers
    4 Joseph Tomane
    5 David Mead
    6 Greg Bird
    7 Scott Prince ?
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Nathan Friend
    10 Brad Meyers
    11 Anthony Laffranchi
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison
    Interchange
    14 Matthew White
    15 Sam Tagataese
    16 Bodene Thompson
    17 William Zillman
    Coach John Cartwright

NYC Titans v NYC Raiders

1 Ryan Tongia
    2 Guy Borgas
    3 Sam Saville
    4 Jamie Dowling
    5 Matthew Hundy
    6 Jordan Rankin
    7 Rhys Jacks
    8 Ronnie Alovili
    9 Matthew Srama
    10 Luke Page
    11 Dominic Walsh
    12 Ryan James ?
    13 Kurt Foggo

Interchange
    14 Josh Coyle
    15 Chris Bloomfield
    16 Leon Taylor
    17 Brody Ollard

Coach Rod Patison

Source: http://www.titans.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-03-10 at 03:11 PM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Speculation: Will Zillman come in for Campbell at some stage or will we see a reshuffle... (Campbell 5/8, Bird Lock)

You gotta be happy with that team.

Happy to see Preston back. Great to see two favourites in Tags and Bodene in.

Referees: Ben Cummins & Chris James
    Why do we always get Jefferies as ref? He is scrub...

is henderson injured? how long?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by patskE View Post
    is henderson injured? how long?
    Hi Patske, i think hendo played for Tweed Head last weekend in the Q-Cup.

Cheers Sean

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    Why do we always get Jefferies as ref? He is scrub...
    Its his little brother......

fairly strong team to get the job done. the return of Campbell is a massive boost!
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

Raiders unchanged for Titans

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders will remain unchanged this week, for Saturday?s match against the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park.

The Green Machine had a big win against the Broncos at Canberra Stadium last night, with James Stuart making a successful debut on the wing for Canberra.

Raiders Coach David Furner said he expected his team to be the same for the match against the Titans on Saturday, despite Stuart picking up a slight back injury against Brisbane.

?James Stuart has a bit of a back injury but he should be fine to take his place on Saturday,? Furner said. ?I was really happy with the way the team defended last night and we needed too after dropping plenty of ball and we?ll need to complete more sets if we?re to beat the Titans.?

Rookie winger Stuart said he enjoyed the chance to make his debut at home in front of his home town supporters and said although he was a bit sore he?d be fine by Saturday.

?To make my debut at home was amazing and I really want to thank all the fans for getting behind the team last night,? Stuart said. ?My back is a bit sore today but it should be fine by the weekend. There?s so much competition for spots at the moment I don?t want to miss any footy.?

Shaun Fensom was charged for a Grade one dangerous throw, but has escaped suspension by taking an early guilty plea.

CANBERRA RAIDERS V GOLD COAST TITANS
    SATURDAY MARCH 27, 8.30PM (QUEENSLAND)
    SKILLED PARK

NRL

1. JOSH DUGAN
    2. JAMES STUART
    3. JARROD CROKER
    4. JOEL THOMPSON
    5. DANIEL VIDOT
    6. TERRY CAMPESE
    7. JOSH McCRONE
    8. DAVID SHILLINGTON
    9. ALAN TONGUE (C)
    10. SCOTT LOGAN
    11. JOE PICKER
    12. BRONSON HARRISON
    13. SHAUN FENSOM

14. TRAVIS WADDELL
    15. TREVOR THURLING
    16. TROY THOMPSON
    17. DANE TILSE

COACH: DAVID FURNER

Source: http://www.raiders.com.au

Junior Titan

Should be an interesting game though, won't be heading up from Lismore for this one, not after what happened last time with the crowd (don't mean to generalise for all of you, just not a fan of the place now).

I would'nt write us off yet, I think we showed only a glimpse of what we were capable of in that game, and decided to slack off for the rest of it.

Best of luck to you all in any event

You are a Raiders fan Trent?

Sorry to hear if you had any bad experiences at any games at Skilled Park. I think by and large our crowds are well behaved and good sports. None of us true fans would cop bad behaviour.

Junior Titan

Yeah mate I am

Skilled really is an awesome place to watch footy, the atmosphere last time I was there was brilliant.

It was only a select few who gave me **** because I was proudly wearing my colours (Im not gonna crawl into a hole after a loss, lol) but they didn't like it when I asked em how many premierships you guys had, and decided to start heckling my disabled mother instead. In any event, like I said, it was only a select few, the majority of the fans ive spoken to at games have been great

That sounds sick, never seen anything like that before.

If it wasn't for fans of other clubs coming out in force and colour our crowds wouldn't be anywhere near as good and the atmosphere wouldn't be anywhere near as good.

Usually its the hangers on and not the real fans and members who support their clubs rain, hail or shine that do stupid and anti social crap like this.

But I have to say Canberra are surprisingly highly represented in my social spheres. Pretty amazing really.