Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Can someone please tell me what our record is with Campbell in the number 6? My recollection is that it isn't that great. I thought bird was alright except for his handling but he wasn't the lone ranger there. He made space for Rogers and tomane to work in and was defensively very good. I thought tomanes hands let him down a little too. Mead was inconsistent. He'll need to gain that consistency otherwise he'll find himself in q cup with toopi and zillman breathing down his neck.

We put pressure on ourselves and in general came through. We held our line through repeat sets and backed up after dropping ball to defend well.

Friend was by far our best, as for the rest, there is plenty of improvement. I did enjoy the ferocity in our defence that has been missing in past seasons thanks to messrs bird, tagataese and tomane.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

I think we will and should persist with Bird at 6 now we have decided to go that way.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Can someone please tell me what our record is with Campbell in the number 6? My recollection is that it isn't that great. I thought bird was alright except for his handling but he wasn't the lone ranger there. He made space for Rogers and tomane to work in and was defensively very good. I thought tomanes hands let him down a little too. Mead was inconsistent. He'll need to gain that consistency otherwise he'll find himself in q cup with toopi and zillman breathing down his neck.

We put pressure on ourselves and in general came through. We held our line through repeat sets and backed up after dropping ball to defend well.

Friend was by far our best, as for the rest, there is plenty of improvement. I did enjoy the ferocity in our defence that has been missing in past seasons thanks to messrs bird, tagataese and tomane.
    Im struggling to find how Mead was inconsistent, made the most kick return metres, most runs tackle breaks and scored a pearler of a try. There is no chance Zillman or Toops getting his wing spot cause those 2 have shown they cant play wing.

Taga was just taga on the weekend. There wont be a game where he is in where he wont drop the ball or smash somebody, its a fact of life for him and we should get use to it

Tomane is a baby faced assassin, Ive never seen anyone stop Manu dead in his tracks and dump him on his butt. As he gets match fitness that side of the field will tear shreds off opposing teams.

I ll put my hand up and say that I was one of the many that voted against Bird in the poll...........but said all along that I trust Carty and Searle.

I watched Bird all game........ cause he took Mattys number 6 and I wasnt to impressed with that...........I have to say he did well. Yes there was the occasional fumble but show me a play maker who takes risk on pulling off something out of the blue who doesnt occasionally fumble it. Its a split second thing not an organised set play.......sometimes they come off sometimes they dont. Let him get his groove with the club and I think we will find that the titans decision makers got this one right.

As for the rest of the team...... I loved the line up........... couple of games in and I think we are really going to have a team that gels and really puts pressure on the whole competition.

I reacon without a doubt we have a premiership team this year.

Here's to 2015

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

I know I am probably a bit slow but I have only just been able to get on here. I quite enjoyed watching the boys play. i must admit i was a bit worried and wasmt sure if they were gonna come back but it was great when they did I met Scott Price and Preston campbell after the game, got photos with the both of them. I must say that Preston is really nice and probably the nicest footballer i met. Also where are the best places for me to sit for the home game? I was in section 15, it seemed full of warrior fans, there were some titans fans there but not many, i was pretty surrounded by warrior fans.

Just one example of mead being inconsistent is his miss on vatuvei for the easiest of tries. Not sure what he was doing but it seemed a brain explosion. He wasn't outmuscled or outweighed he just didn't tackle him when he had the chance to. He mixes the sublime with the downright ordinary and it will be good if he can remove the ordinary. Toopi would come in,in the centres with tomane to the wing. I'm not saying he should be dropped this week but his place in the side must be the least assured of all of the backline positions due to his lack of consistency.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by hugebrianfan View Post
    I met Scott Price and Preston campbell after the game, got photos with the both of them. I must say that Preston is really nice and probably the nicest footballer i met. Also where are the best places for me to sit for the home game? I was in section 15, it seemed full of warrior fans, there were some titans fans there but not many, i was pretty surrounded by warrior fans.
    Totally agree..... Presto is one of the most down to earth guys out there and certainly breaks the 'image' that footballers have.

As for where to sit..... well IMO there is only one awesomely fantastic place to sit.......... that would be section 30 right behind the posts and infront of the big THE LEGION sign

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Just one example of mead being inconsistent is his miss on vatuvei for the easiest of tries. Not sure what he was doing but it seemed a brain explosion. He wasn't outmuscled or outweighed he just didn't tackle him when he had the chance to. He mixes the sublime with the downright ordinary and it will be good if he can remove the ordinary. Toopi would come in,in the centres with tomane to the wing. I'm not saying he should be dropped this week but his place in the side must be the least assured of all of the backline positions due to his lack of consistency.
    FAir enough, I just saw it as him trying to get on a much bigger bloke fast before he got momentum. Manu did a nice step and the rest was history, hes not the 1st bloke to miss a tackle on Manu. Toopi wont be coming into the team especially if he keeps repeating games like he did on the weekend for the Bears.

Tomane will be such a deadly defensive weapon. He also seems to be able to score and set up tries in equal portions.

Rogers, Kevvie, David and Tomane... we have a deadly set of centres and wingers.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Tomane will be such a deadly defensive weapon. He also seems to be able to score and set up tries in equal portions.

Rogers, Kevvie, David and Tomane... we have a deadly set of centres and wingers.
    He hit Manu with a corka of a tackle and dropped a few others on their behinds aswell. I will be interested to see how he copes with attackers with good footwork like Jennings.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

It was good to see we got a few good hits in the "Round 1 best defensive plays" video on the nrl video section of the nrl.com website....Greg bird and joesph tomane were the titans best defencsive plays