Default Your Team for Australia v South Africa in Perth

Hey all

I know it is still a week till the start of the game between Australia and the Proteas at the WACA in Perth, but todays ODI against NZ has raised many a question and real selection headache for the selectors.. but a good one at that..

They have to decide between Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey and Brad Hodge who will get a run in the game and who won't... now they all have plusses to their names.. take this for instance

- Michael Clarke is coming off scoring 80 odd in today ODI and a Double Century for NSW in a Pura Cup Match

- Andrew Symonds is coming off 150 odd in todays ODI and has looked the goods for QLD this summer

- Michael Hussey comes off back to back centuries in Hobart and Adelaide and is looking mighty strong in the test side

- Brad Hodge scored very worthwhile runs in both Adelaide and Hobart, helping the side along the way out of sticky situations

So who goes in and who is left out?? I want you to pretend you are a selector and name the 11 for the game against SA in Perth, and explain which 2 players you put into the side for Perth and why.. I will post here my side and why over the coming week too...

This is a real difficult choice for the Aussie Selectors, lets hope they make the right one..

This is extremely tough!

Langer
    Hayden
    Ponting
    Hussey
    Clarke
    Symonds
    Gilchrist
    Lee
    Warne
    Bracken
    McGrath

How can you not pick Clarke, Gilchrist and Hussey based on their recent performances. Unfortunately I think Hodge is going to be dropped, but someone has to go.

Mines the same as steelers

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    This is extremely tough!

Langer
    Hayden
    Ponting
    Hussey
    Clarke
    Symonds
    Gilchrist
    Lee
    Warne
    Bracken
    McGrath

How can you not pick Clarke, Gilchrist and Hussey based on their recent performances. Unfortunately I think Hodge is going to be dropped, but someone has to go.
    Probably my team too - though the selectors at Perth sometimes look at playing the four quicks meaning a bat need to make way. Dizzy has just taken a bagful of wickets and may be back in the selectors thinking.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....