Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Im gonna throw it out there...

Greg Bird should be playing in the backrow when hes on the field. The Backline has that much more quality ball when Presto is partnering Prince. I never thought he was a 5/8 when he was at the Sharks and I dont now.

Hitting the panic button on the offense a bit early I think guys. Stadium Australia is a notoriously slippery ground and is not a venue to promote open ball play and lateral movement in attack - 2 things our more mobile players rely on heavily.

Even Origin matches - the highest quality RL on Earth - become more of a 'trench warfare' style of game when played at the venue.

Our backrowers are too good to drop and Bird has the quality to develop into the 5/8 role as the season unfolds.

We were also without our attacking 'spark' in Little Presto. He provides the variety to our attack that can look a little regimented when he is not around.

We are 2/0 with massive amounts of potential to improve.

I'm excited...

I'll take any win, even one as scrappy as that. Prince was under a huge amount of pressure all game, and understandable, there was no one else to mount an attack. Teke said it, Bird is a backrower not a half. Without Presto to take up the half duties from fullback I thought we struggled.

Friend was way off his game too, awful service all night, and with such penalty happy refs, pulling on the leg of the player playing the ball was just such a stupid thing to do.

I'm not too worried about Rogers. He's not played centre for a long time, he's going to run into a few positional issues but it shouldn't take him too long to get back into the swing, and I thought he always looked dangerous with the ball in his hand. More so than he ever did in the 6. That said, I felt he could have stepped up and taken some pressure off Prince, but I'm guessing he was either letting the halves be the halves or he was told not to. I think Bird only took one kick, and it was a shocker.

Zillman was looking good, and I think with a few weeks playing 80 at fullback he'll become a devastating weapon in attack. I really think our strongest team has him at fullback with Presto in the 6 and Bird in the back row. Yeah yeah yeah, Mini, Boof and Ash are great back rowers, but the stronger our bench is the better.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansrawesome View Post
    well this game went into extra time and i wasn't screaming or getting excited, when i was watching tigers vs manly i was screaming for the tigers the whole game
    Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    How could you not get excited towards the end of that game? I still got heartburn from yelling so loud for that period of time.
    I with u boof how can u not scream at the tv wen ur team is in a close game like that.....

How awesome was Zilly & Tomane!!

We are so lucky to have someone like Zillman to come into the side when needed, most other sides would kill to have him .

How massive is Tomane this season!?

Hats off to the tat man ....... and yes... I m not hats off to you Mel or Kylie...... my fellow abusers when we are in the front row of the Legion but last night...... you bl00dy bunny lovers...................

It was a good night........ I still have no idea why we all thought that kick was Matty....... Oh well...... I owned up on Facebook Davey. The Matty dance still stands thought.......

I'll shock a lot by saying this but I m not in a hurry to see Bird moved from 6........I know I know.... its Mattys number..... but I just think when the new lineup gels we are going to be unstopable. We have just had 2 wins from 2 scrappy games, games we would have lost in the last few seasons so I m looking forward to round 4 and 5 which by that time every would have found their groove.

Also while I m here..... WHITE...... in a thread everyone was hackin on the guy...... I was beyond impressed with the guy last night..... he was in just about everything with some d@mn heavy hitting............. Way To Go dude.

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'll take any win, even one as scrappy as that. Prince was under a huge amount of pressure all game, and understandable, there was no one else to mount an attack. Teke said it, Bird is a backrower not a half. Without Presto to take up the half duties from fullback I thought we struggled.

Friend was way off his game too, awful service all night, and with such penalty happy refs, pulling on the leg of the player playing the ball was just such a stupid thing to do.

I'm not too worried about Rogers. He's not played centre for a long time, he's going to run into a few positional issues but it shouldn't take him too long to get back into the swing, and I thought he always looked dangerous with the ball in his hand. More so than he ever did in the 6. That said, I felt he could have stepped up and taken some pressure off Prince, but I'm guessing he was either letting the halves be the halves or he was told not to. I think Bird only took one kick, and it was a shocker.

Zillman was looking good, and I think with a few weeks playing 80 at fullback he'll become a devastating weapon in attack. I really think our strongest team has him at fullback with Presto in the 6 and Bird in the back row. Yeah yeah yeah, Mini, Boof and Ash are great back rowers, but the stronger our bench is the better.
    Couldnt agree more.

Junior

Also while I m here..... WHITE...... in a thread everyone was hackin on the guy...... I was beyond impressed with the guy last night..... he was in just about everything with some d@mn heavy hitting............. Way To Go dude.

I agree with you GCT 07 Matt White had a pretty good game, especially after reading why he missed last weeks game game against the Warriors in Fridays Gold Coast Bulletien.

Cheers Sean

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_07 View Post
    Hats off to the tat man ....... and yes... I m not hats off to you Mel or Kylie...... my fellow abusers when we are in the front row of the Legion but last night...... you bl00dy bunny lovers...................

It was a good night........ I still have no idea why we all thought that kick was Matty....... Oh well...... I owned up on Facebook Davey. The Matty dance still stands thought.......
    Well ma the answer is here........... Voss said it was matty who got the ball nd kicked it....

Nd not a prob it was a good night to watch sum footy....

Nd thanks for Ben to pop over as well hope u didnt get caught driving home.. hahahaha (arcross the road)

tomane is going to be scoring machine for us this year....

7 tries in the last 7 nrl games....
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Tomane will be out buy if the season. At least in my books. I just get mire and more impressed with him. He can attack, create opportunites andhas really lifted his defence. Well do e Joseph. I think all Titans fans know who you are now. And probably most NRL fans as well. Storm are mad for letting him go.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

A couple of people have rubbished Nathan friend on here and I think it is unwarranted as he was sin ginned for a penalty that should not have been a penalty. He wasn't even touching the leg of the player who just fell over to milk it. His service on a couple of occasions was affected by poor play the balls. He was way better than prince and I reckon he was in our top three players. On the bird five-eighth issue i reckon Rogers and bird could do a little interchanging throughout the match when in attack. Matty's kicking game is superior to bird's and I reckon bird in the centres would create havock for opposition team and open up more space for Gordon.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    A couple of people have rubbished Nathan friend on here and I think it is unwarranted as he was sin ginned for a penalty that should not have been a penalty. He wasn't even touching the leg of the player who just fell over to milk it. His service on a couple of occasions was affected by poor play the balls. He was way better than prince and I reckon he was in our top three players. On the bird five-eighth issue i reckon Rogers and bird could do a little interchanging throughout the match when in attack. Matty's kicking game is superior to bird's and I reckon bird in the centres would create havock for opposition team and open up more space for Gordon.
    Lucky him......wonder how many he managed to get down in that 10 minutes

Here's to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I dont think Friend played up to his own lofty standards.
    His sin bining was crap - no doubt about that. But that aside, I picked up a few times where he was too slow to deliver good ball to Prince, especially when we were close to the line. One particular time when Prince was rushed for a short kick, could be put down soley to Friend not being urgent enough in dummy half.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

the deliveries on the 5th in the first half were absolutely rubbish... prince was picking it up from his ankles... friendy had a slightly off game... but was still good for us as per usual...
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .