Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    Zilly must be getting frustrated, I hope he doesnt end up leaving
    I hope not. I am a big fan of Zillman and let's face it, truth is many other clubs would kill to have someone like Zillman on their books and in their starting 13.

But I think there is a definite future for William at the Titans. And there is a strong chance he will get an opportunity as soon as this Friday night.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

i think the titans will get over the line. Bunnies will be desperate to rebound from last weeks heavy loss but i think the titans are good enough to hold them off and take the points home.
    FOREVER GOLD COAST TITANS!

The Bunnies will also have a big showing of home support.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

The bunnies faithful will have a bit to say if Zillman does play, wasn't his last game there?

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Yer zillman played at anz stadium last time we took on the bunnies at anz stadium...thats when he bit one of the rabbitohs and got suspended for a few weeks

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

i dont want to give zillman away lets face it prestons not gonna last forever and hes the next best thing

Titans include Preston Campbell; Manly lose Brett Stewart; Dogs gain Goodwin

Gold Coast Titans have received a boost with fullback Preston Campbell cleared to play against South Sydney despite receiving a head knock in Sunday's win over the Warriors.

It was earlier reported the Titans would hand William Zillman his first start of the NRL season as the club weren't prepared to risk Campbell due to his history of head knocks.

But Titans John Cartwright chose to retain his No.1 fullback for the Rabbitohs match, also adding Matt White to an extended five-man bench after he missed last Sunday's 24-18 season-opening win against the Warriors.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/s

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

gay rest presto and put zillman in the fullback...Rather presto be 100% for the canberra game

If Sandow and Sutton dont play well then Titans will crush them.

I would love to see the bunnies go into round 3 at the bottom of the table.

I was going to say that Zillman would be 'chomping at the bit' to play against Souths after his end to last season but he has got nothing on Presto.

If Presto is out for Zillman in the Warriors game we lose - simple as that. Presto might be 73 years old but he plays like a high-schooler in the NYC.

All we can go on with Zillman is a 2-year old reputation with the very average Canberra Raiders. He has had plenty of chances to nail down a 1st grade spot with us and has never shown anything that DEMAND he be included in the team. Apparently he had a blinder playing for Ipswich, that shows great attitude, an admirable trait, but the guy he is trying to replace won Man of the Match in 1st Grade.

He will get a chance at some stage and he will have a chance to show what he is got but there is no room for him in top grade now. Only a massive form drop from an established player or injury will get him in.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    If Sandow and Sutton dont play well then Titans will crush them.

I would love to see the bunnies go into round 3 at the bottom of the table.
    Sandow is RUBBISH.

Sutton is good but inconsitent.

The Bunnies are ripe for the picking this Friday night. They too have a short turnaround and will be missing topliners Pettybourne (their best forward from Sunday) and Colin Best (their premier centre).

Diehard mentioned their fans being pumped up, well they are not like other fans. If the Rabbits start poorly the 'warren' is more likely to turn on them than pull together to cheer them out. Notoriously fickle.

If we start well we can beat them easily. if we let them get momentum early we could be in for a long night.

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

I think this is going to be a tough one for the hole 80 theyn are comming off a big loss nd they will hav sumthing to prove TBH i would of rather the bunnies to win than to loss than it be even easier for us....

Luke facing status challenge at Souths

Last season under coach Jason Taylor, Luke averaged just 56 minutes a game - with the Warriors' Ian Henderson and Cronulla veteran Corey Hughes the only other established No.9s to average less time.

Statistically he's one of the top five hookers in rugby league and he believed he deserved more game time.

John Lang granted the New Zealand rake his wish and had him out on the field for the full 80 minutes against the Roosters in round one.

But playing out the whole match is a difficult conundrum for Luke to face.

In theory you don't want such a damaging player off the field at all, but Taylor's reasoning was Luke wouldn't have to hold anything back during his allocated stints.

Now Souths have their most dangerous attacking man out in the middle for the duration, but Luke must learn to pace himself effectively so the Rabbitohs are still getting the best out of him.

Increased quantity is no good unless he's still able to produce his top quality.

"It's something I wanted but it does change my game a bit," admitted Luke.

"I've got to try and preserve energy for the right times and I guess I don't run as much as I used to.

"I'm pulling up a lot sorer than I usually do ... I think I've just got to get fitter.

"If I want these minutes then I have to play like I really want them, and I've got to refine how I used to play a bit, try and reserve energy and go out and give 100 per cent every time I take the field."

Luke last year finished inside the top five for most of the statistics relevant to the game's top hookers including tries, offloads, line-breaks, line-break assists and metres - however, this year the challenge is to maintain that record while playing the long minutes of Cameron Smith, Robbie Farah, Michael Ennis, Isaac De Gois and Nathan Friend.

After suspension cruelly robbed him of playing in last year's May Test, Luke is keen to be selected for the Kiwis, however not before securing his increased minutes for the Rabbitohs.

It starts this Friday night against consistent 80-minute hooker Friend, from the Gold Coast Titans.

"I don't know, we'll find out (how effective I can be playing 80 minutes) during the season," Luke said.

"Beau Falloon is keeping me on my toes, he's my backup hooker, and he played outstanding in the Charity Shield.

"I don't think I'll get 80 for New Zealand, maybe more like 20! I still have to make the team," added Luke.

"I have to try and make this team (Souths) week in and week out and show consistency throughout the year up to when we play Anzac (May Test) and Four Nations at the end of the year."

Source: http://www.smh.com.au

Packing a punch for Rabbitohs

AFTER three years of being typecast as undersized and understrength, the Gold Coast Titans last night hit back at their detractors, declaring their forwards had more than proved themselves and could handle any pack 'any day of the week'.

Titans hooker Nathan Friend, the man in the middle of the club's engine room, said yesterday he was over the questions which have inevitably come week in, week out about the apparent lack of size of the Gold Coast forwards.

The issue has taken centre stage again this week as the Titans prepare for Friday night's clash against one of the biggest packs in the competition in Souths, which features hulking forwards such as Dave Taylor and Sam Burgess.

Friend, who weighs just 85kg but plays to double his weight, joined coach John Cartwright in declaring the size of their pack a non-issue.

"It's all a beat-up," said Friend. "For the last three years we've been the smallest pack in the NRL, I think you guys (media) like to ramp it up a bit.

"But the Warriors were just as big as these guys (Souths). We won that game and we go into this game with confidence."

Cartwright predicted there would be more heat on the Souths pack after they failed to live up the hype in the opening round rather than his men.

"There comes a point where there's no hiding, there's a big fella in front of you and you've got to take him," said Cartwright. "I'd back our blokes any day of the week."

Cartwright said the weight of semi-final expectations on the Rabbitohs in 2010 had put them under the blow torch.

"They've bought well and they're youthful, they've also put a lot of pressure on themselves with the talk in the off-season," he said.

"Whether that's come from the media or themselves I don't really know, but on paper and on scales they are a big side."

The likes of Friend, Anthony Laffranchi and Ashley Harrison are among the sharpest players in the NRL and Cartwright said that is what set his pack apart.

"Every week is a challenge for us, we're not the biggest side in the competition (so) we've got to try and be a little bit smarter," he said.

The Titans will more than likely get some added size on the bench with Matthew White poised to return from a virus which forced him out of the season opener.

He trained strongly at Robina yesterday and is confident of playing.

"It's a middle ear-type thing, it's one that can hover around and it has done so since we went to Darwin," said Cartwright.

"Hopefully he has kicked it."

While having absolute confidence in his pack, Friend said the Titans still had the utmost respect for Souths' star English recruit Sam Burgess.

"I've only really seen him in the All Stars game (and) he looked good," said Friend.

"But there's not just one guy out there -- you've got to look at all of them."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Current prices...

SOUTH SYDNEY - $1.71
    GOLD COAST - $2.18