Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Round 1: Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Melbourne Storm

Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks vs Melbourne Storm
    7:30pm Local Time - Saturday 13 March 2010 - Toyota Park

JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Storm: Billy Slater, Luke MacDougall, Dane Nielsen, Greg Inglis, Anthony Quinn, Brett Finch, Cam Smith (c), Aiden Tolman, Ryan Hinchcliffe, Jeff Lima, Adam Blair, Ryan Hoffman, Todd Lowrie. Interchange From: Rory Kostjasyn, Kevin Proctor, Hep Cahill, Jesse Bromwich, Ryan Tandy, Bryan Norrie
    #itaintweaktospeak

Real potential mismatch here but stranger things have happened - the WCC hangover may strike Melbourne but is there enough strike power in the Sharks to trouble them? The Cronulla bench will need to spark them and Gallen will have to get the others involved if Cronulla are a chance to win. I don't know anything about Isaac Gordon but the Sharks backline looks pedestrian and if Inglis is on song, they won't be able to stop him (not that many can).

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Same time last year, sharks beat melbourne and manly straight off the bat, yet turning into an abismal season.
    So really, the season doesnt really kick in till around round 10

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertaser View Post
    Same time last year, sharks beat melbourne and manly straight off the bat, yet turning into an abismal season.
    So really, the season doesnt really kick in till around round 10
    ????? - Sharks were f'd last year - they only won 1 of their first 11 Rnds, lost both games to Manly, and Melbourne flogged them 30-10 in Rnd20.

In 2008 they just scraped in to beat Melbourne & Manly in the first rounds, but that was with Greg bird, and they've only retained about 6 players since those matches. While Melbourne have turned over alot of good players, they still have their core positions filled by big names.

Strangely enough, UniTab has only given Cronulla a 6.5 headstart....
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Junior Titan quinn loves titans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ????? - Sharks were f'd last year - they only won 1 of their first 11 Rnds, lost both games to Manly, and Melbourne flogged them 30-10 in Rnd20.

In 2008 they just scraped in to beat Melbourne & Manly in the first rounds, but that was with Greg bird, and they've only retained about 6 players since those matches. While Melbourne have turned over alot of good players, they still have their core positions filled by big names.

hopefully cronulla will win and i can actually seeing it happen smith is a fail at 7 and i hope the roosters beat the rabbit so dave taylor can shut his mouth

Quote Originally Posted by quinn loves titans View Post
    hopefully cronulla will win and i can actually seeing it happen smith is a fail at 7 and i hope the roosters beat the rabbit so dave taylor can shut his mouth
    Fail? Smith got man of the match in #7 when the Storm won the WCC.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

I tipped the Storm. But I think the Sharks will come out hard, but not hard enough.

Bound to be some exciting incidents at Shark Park.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

My mistake boys
    Was recalling the 2008 first two matches
    Still gives a possible glimpse of what the sharks can do

Well this is the game I am watching.

Terrible news to hear that Scott Porter for the Sharks lost his sister in the last 24 hours. A very moving minute of silence.

Storm jerseys look good, except for those disgusting and blinding lime green ME BANK sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well this is the game I am watching.

Terrible news to hear that Scott Porter for the Sharks lost his sister in the last 24 hours. A very moving minute of silence.
    I love there minute silences, it shows the nrl sirit and how they love to show how committed they are to the players by standing in honour of them/their personal life.

Unlike the indigenous game, where people started yelling stuff out towards the end of the silence. I found it to be very disrespectful, at least the cronulla crowd showed everyone how to do it.

Come on the sharkies!!!!!!!

Blazer

The amount of penalties in this game so far is ridiculous
    These two teams need to pick up their act a bit

Blazer

2-0 cronulla
    Covell Converted penalty
    Come on boys

Blazer

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertaser View Post
    I love there minute silences, it shows the nrl sirit and how they love to show how committed they are to the players by standing in honour of them/their personal life.

Unlike the indigenous game, where people started yelling stuff out towards the end of the silence. I found it to be very disrespectful, at least the cronulla crowd showed everyone how to do it.

Come on the sharkies!!!!!!!

Blazer
    I agree, it was fantastic. I was very disappointed when a few IDIOTS ruined the All Stars moment of silence, which was, up till that point superb.