Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default The Matthew Johns Show (New Footy Show on Seven)

Shane Webcke and Matthew Johns team up for rugby league show

RUGBY league great and Brisbane sports presenter Shane Webcke will add another string to his bow, signing on for Matthew Johns' new footy show on Channel 7.

As The Sunday Mail revealed a fortnight ago, the former Brisbane Bronco was considering joining the series after Johns extended an offer.

While Webcke was initially hesitant, he said he believes the entertainment-based league show will be the right fit.

"I was pretty thorough in terms of going and seeing Matt and seeing what they had in mind; the actual guts of the show, what they were going to be about and that it was definitely something new, not something that was going to compete with anything that's on Fox or Channel 9 at the moment," Webcke said.

Pictures: Shane Webcke's career"I wanted to make sure that we were trying to do something that was rugby league, that was different and that I just liked the feel of."

The result is an hour-long program due to air on Wednesday nights from early next month.

Pictures: Johns sex scandalDesigned to be halfway between Channel 9's The Footy Show and Foxtel's NRL On Fox, it will deliver serious league talk in a variety format with Johns performing new characters and skits.

"It showcases Matty Johns' talents entirely and I think people will have sore sides from laughing," Webcke said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Matty Johns Show ready to kick off

Channel 7 today announced The Matty Johns Show will kick off on Thursday, March 25 at 7.30pm.

Johns will tackle the new season's big issues as well as entertaining audiences with a family-friendly mix of sporting stars, special guests, live performances, music and comedy.

Johns says he's thrilled with the opportunity to expand rugby league’s audience.

"I grew up watching league on Seven with Rex Mossop," he says. "Thirty years later for it to be me on Seven with a rugby league show is great."

With several fun new characters to debut – including gardening guru Don Kirk, explorer Alby Sandals and 10-year-old Steven the Big Kid - there’s plenty of opportunity for Johns to let loose with his cheeky humour and incredible wit.

But when joined by former Australian and Bronco lock Shane Webcke for Controversy Corner, the show will take on a more serious tone as they debate the biggest issues facing the NRL.

Clubs and players have been very supportive of the show by taking part in regular segments such as My Home Town and Home When You're Away, giving them the opportunity to showcase towns around the country and surprise some adoring fans.

High-profile stars will also lend their time for player challenges and to be part of the studio panel each week.

"I think were heading into a fantastic era for the game," says Johns.

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

I think if they tackle the big and serious issues with gloves off, they will find a big audience of Rugby League fans.

Default Shavenjas

Good to see Mathew back, what channel 9 did to him was crap!! he got the boot for what he did, but its ok for two self confessed drug addicts (Andrew Johns Wendell Sailor) to keep there jobs what a joke, i hope this new show burns the channel nine footy show big time..

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

im really happy that Matty Johns has signed onto this, Rugby League fans love him and would be more than delighted to have him back on tv. Ive definately missed him. What Channel 9 did to him was wrong, Glad hes put all that in the past and is moving on. I am very excited for this. I was devastated when Matty had been stood down from all commitments in chanel 9, he deserves happiness

when is this on?

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

pretty sure starting next week on thursday at 7.30pm sydney time channell 7

cheers mate..............

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

The show debuts at 7:30pm tonight. I hope it's a good show and not stupid like the Footy Show.

Contraversy Corner sounds like a great segment for starters and Webby is ALL class.

I don't see it on the planner.

Ghost Whisperer?

LOL it's next week ey. SORRY LOL

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

I didnt think it was on til next week lol. I was just thinking oh darn it til i read down

Banned

ill give it a bit of a go but i think one footy show is enough.

First Grader Sydney Titans Fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    The show debuts at 7:30pm tonight. I hope it's a good show and not stupid like the Footy Show.

Contraversy Corner sounds like a great segment for starters and Webby is ALL class.
    once again brad im correct again lol

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas View Post
    Good to see Mathew back, what channel 9 did to him was crap!! he got the boot for what he did, but its ok for two self confessed drug addicts (Andrew Johns Wendell Sailor) to keep there jobs what a joke, i hope this new show burns the channel nine footy show big time..
    Can I get this printed and framed? Shav posting an intelligent comment that I agree with? Who would have thought...