Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Membership REHAUL

Ok the more i think about this the more it bugs me, we need to re haul the membership structure currently at the club, and we need to do it now.

We are currently the most expensive club in the NRL to support, not by a little way either. And it is starting to to become a real problem we have been stagnate near about 4000 members this year down 2000 from last year, and with the season about to start i expect this years crowds to be down by at least 20%.

This has nothing to do with the facilities, the teams performance, or any controversial signings, this has got to do with Money, PURE AND SIMPLE.

The Gold coast has just been rated the 5th most expensive place to live in the world, and it is now more expensive than New York or London.

The whole pricing structure looks like it is designed to reflect this, and seems like the people in charge are working on the principal that if the stadium holds 27k then you need premium pricing to reflect the demand, well, the demand is a lot smaller then it should be because unlike established sport teams the Titans do not have the loyalty YET of 27k fans to pay these ridiculous prices.

Let me throw some numbers at you:
    Ill start with the PSR seat
    The PSR Advantage

By purchasing a Personal Seat Right from the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans you will be one of the first sports fans in Australia to experience lifetime* access rights to your seat at all Jetstar Gold Coast Titans regular season home games.
    Now a concept sweeping the world's great sporting teams and venues, a Personal Seat Right (PSR) guarantess the holder security of knowing that membership can be bought for a seat in a specific section for Jetstar Titans matches for life*.
    You still have to buy your yearly membership with this PSR, approx $650 a year. and the price does NOT include any finals games.

To put it in perspective, if you have $2650 to spend
    you could

a. BUY A PSR

or

b. BUY a $2000 Suncorp Stadium membership and a Legion membership for the Titans, and a Gold membership for the Cowboys.

option a. gives me
    12 home games for the Titans
    A PSR seat

option b. gives me
    12 home games for the Titans
    12 Home games to the Cowboys
    12 Home games to the Broncos
    Premium Tickets to All State of Origin games played in Brisbane
    All Soccer games at Suncorp
    All Reds games at Suncorp
    Premium Tickets to ALL Finals Games at Suncorp
    Premium Tickets to any Event at Suncorp including Concerts
    Personal Carpark under Suncorp Stadium

You could argue about the advantage of owning the seat and the ability to resell it, but that only holds weight IMO if the stadium is constantly a sell out, and seats are hard to get. At the moment this is not the case, because the rest of the stadium is so damn expensive that it will be empty.

Now for the other memberships
    Titanium - $606
    Gold - $446
    Steel - $275 the corners of the stadium
    Legion - $250 behind goal posts

All these are the very least $50 dollars too expensive
    Titanium $50.50 a game
    Gold $37.16 a game
    Steel $22.91 a game
    Legion $20.83 a game

IMO the prices should be more like
    Titanium $565 @ $45 PG + $25 merchandise
    Gold $385 @ $30 PG + $25 merchandise
    Steel $230 @18 PG + $15 merchandise
    Legion $199 @ $15 PG + $19 merchandise

More to come...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Why is it so important to do this?

Well IMO we are at war with the AFL and Broncos for the juniors in this area, not to mention poaching from RU and also other NRL clubs that have set up base here on the coast such as West Tigers ( Keebra) Canberra (Coombabah) ect.

The future lies in these kids, and not the chance of snaring 3 thousand visitors that will attend 1 game and move back to where they came.

When you look at College football in the USA, you see the passion that derives from locals growing up with a team, this creates atmosphere, and this is the seedlings that make an empire.

The Titans are the the gold Coast team that represents the locals, not the visitors, it needs to be priced to attract the locals, not the tourist.

There should be concessions to any young player that is currently playing in the Group 18. It is imperative these kids grow up being able to watch attend and dream of wearing our colors.

The merchandise for the legion needs to be re looked at , do away with the rubber helmet and sword, and design a legion shirt that is is a mirror of the Home jersey with legion sponsorship and unique distinction.

We need the whole legion stand to be wearing the same shirt, it needs to be like this

Hire a trumpet player, give some high school student a job to learn all the current crowd chants and with direction from legion start below it out to the whole stadium.

anyway this is a long rant.

Thanks if you read this far
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

I agree with you on all points.

Management needs to take a step back and remember that we are only a new club... we need to continue to grow our supporter base, not scare them off by being the most expensive club in the league.

It was evident to me that the locals were staying away when last year at one of our home games when the person next to me said “Gee… It feels like we are the away team.”

Quote Originally Posted by Boofhead View Post
    It was evident to me that the locals were staying away when last year at one of our home games the person next to me said ?Gee? It feels like we are the away team?.
    I felt that also, and it is because the locals simply can not afford to go any more, i speak to people all the time that would love to come to the footy, but after a $40 dollar ticket and a hotdog and 4 beers they have spent $100 without blinking.

I took my daughters friend along the girl was only 12 and i had to pay $38 dollars to get her in, she would love to come all the time, but unless her parents are paying im not taking her, i can not afford to

great post Coaster, totally agree with everything you say a great in depth post.
    I have a comment about the membership i have a daughter who is a scorch member of the St George club and two daughters that are tiny titans members, i find that the St George membership is way ahead of the titans, every month a newsletter or something turns up in the mail from the dragons but nothing from the titans my two daughters who are titans fans are always asking why dont we get things in the mail like the dragons stuff? its pretty hard to explain and i know it is only a little part of the membership base but if you get the kids onside from day one their there for life.

I definitely agree!
    I remember comparing the Panthers memberships, it was almost the most expensive Panthers being less than the cheapest Titans.

I've not bought a membership this year, and nor will I be. There's a number of reasons. Financially things are tighter, I'm a lot busier this year and will pretty much only be able to make some saturday games, and yes, controversial signings did have an effect. But that's it, when you're considering forking out the cash you start questioning what the club has done and if you want to be contributing to that. It doesn't decide, but it adds weight.

I do wonder, if they slashed 100 bucks off the price, would more people sign up... enough to actually increase their profits?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I do wonder, if they slashed 100 bucks off the price, would more people sign up... enough to actually increase their profits?
    If they reduced there price by about $50 a seat as outlined above and going on the current 4000 members they would be down about $200k.

If the average ticket costs about $350 which is lower then the real average, as majority of the stadium would be over $350, they would need another 571 members to make that money back.

They could easily IMO attract another 3000 members with reduced prices and a correct marketing campaign targeting locals instead of the tourist dollar.

With local juniors the main priory, giving any player from the group 18 a free season ticket with a paying adult. They could fill the whole stadium IMO, they would maybe lose about 3000 seats for free, but in return gain a full stadium every game, know income projections before any season, make the PSR an attractable option, and increase sponser deals through mass local exposure.

They would be taking one step back to gain 3 steps forward

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post

Let me throw some numbers at you:
    Ill start with the PSR seat

You still have to buy your yearly membership with this PSR, approx $650 a year. and the price does NOT include any finals games.
    I love your post mate & i hope management read it & take it on board but i'm a Foundation Member (PSR) & my renewal is closer to $280
    #itaintweaktospeak

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

I dont argee.......

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I love your post mate & i hope management read it & take it on board but i'm a Foundation Member (PSR) & my renewal is closer to $280
    Thanks for correcting me, I thought they had said the renewal was a full price, and I stand corrected on that point

I love the Titans and every year I think - gee I wonder if I can afford to get memberships for my family of 4 and every year I come to the conclusion - it's just out of reach and unrealistic for me to do. I get to a game or 2 each year but membership is out of reach. If there was nigh on $200 cut off the price I would be in like the proverbial. I live in Logan City and it would be a short train ride down each match and something for my family to cherish. I hope the hierarchy do read these posts and do something about the prices which are close to the highest in the league. I almost bought a Broncos one instead but couldn't bring myself to watch them every fortnight.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Titan One Clubman titanstattman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I dont argee.......
    I was only playing with ya to mate i do arrgee with all wat u said..

Good post...ive been a member since carrara with my daughter,my wife joined last year and so we kept the same seats in titanium,cost a fortune for 3 of us,This year we struggled to stay in titanium at a cost of over $1200 but we seat link with friends so felt obligated.Last week they tell us they cant afford it so are not members anymore!!! Arghhhhh..All that money to sit with friends who now wont be there, so i would have definately gone for a cheaper membership if i knew in advance.This proves your point exactly about reducing numbers and the pricing forcing very loyal supporters out of memberships,they said theyll go to games on a game to game basis in a cheaper area.Thall be me next year as well..for definate

Quote Originally Posted by squirrell View Post
    Good post...ive been a member since carrara with my daughter,my wife joined last year and so we kept the same seats in titanium,cost a fortune for 3 of us,This year we struggled to stay in titanium at a cost of over $1200 but we seat link with friends so felt obligated.Last week they tell us they cant afford it so are not members anymore!!! Arghhhhh..All that money to sit with friends who now wont be there, so i would have definately gone for a cheaper membership if i knew in advance.This proves your point exactly about reducing numbers and the pricing forcing very loyal supporters out of memberships,they said theyll go to games on a game to game basis in a cheaper area.Thall be me next year as well..for definate
    i am sure if you were to contact the membership dept you would be able to change your seats to a diff section... get a bit of moneys back... to maybe spend on the new merch for this year... just a thought...
    . . . . Q U E E N S L A N D E R . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by titanstattman View Post
    I was only playing with ya to mate i do arrgee with all wat u said..
    Its all good mate